PDA

View Full Version : BANDO STYLE BASS

Maxima
06-12-2003, 01:12 AM
im really trying hard to get that michael burkat and bando sounding bassline!!

I can get similar but no way near as fat and wobaly!

Any tips on how they get it sounding so nice would be so much appreciated us its a bass line I crave for! :twisted:

Thanks!!

Iron Lee
06-12-2003, 01:57 AM
Don't know who you are talking about, or what "wobaly" is. If it is what I think, try this- Get a bass line of some type ( a sample ). Record it into a portable tape recorder while shaking it ( yes physically shaking it ). It should come out sounding "wobaly". Or wobly or whatever. It should sound cool anyway. If that's what you are talking about. :?:

Barely Human
06-12-2003, 10:30 AM
If you could give me a sample then i might be able to help ya. Other than that, try assigning the LFO to the oscillator to get the note to woble. You might want to try assigning it to the filter aswell.

go|plastic
06-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, LFO's the way to go.

Also, I think you could get the desired sound by using a sine wave with some drive (distortion), setting the cutoff to it's middle position, and then tweaking the "attack" knob on your synths filter envelope... if this works you could add a bit of glide (portamento) and some effects (chorus, small reverb, etc.)

Then again I could be totally wrong about this, so...

Iron Lee
06-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Or just shake your computer. Or kick it. lol :lol:

Maxima
06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Ha :lol: , ive already tryed that.

DJZeMig_L
07-12-2003, 01:54 AM
One trick generally use loads by this lot is lots of compression and then Waves MaxxBass making yer bass a lot more "Loud" in the mix without robbing space 4 your kick (in broad terms)...

Z

Maxima
07-12-2003, 06:13 PM
cheers for the tips guys. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==