PDA

View Full Version : Error404 - Goodlife Bootleg

ERROR404
25-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Get it here (http://www.in2techno.com/error404/Error404%20-%20Goodlife%20Bootleg%20320Kbps.mp3)

BRADLEE
25-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Can't wait to hear it homie...believe it or not the waiting for Simon remix is nearly done...haha

Siege
26-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I really like this mate....love the original to start with,but this versions pretty cool....the lower male voice works really well with the lead vocals...is that you with the microphone? like the arrangment,some nice edits in there too...as a quirkey sorta industrial feel to this.
nice work:)

ERROR404
26-11-2007, 09:10 AM
No, i've ripped off about 4 different versions to get the parts i needed. The Carl Craig mix provided many of the vocal elements, which is where the male vocal comes from :)

ERROR404
27-11-2007, 11:31 AM
ok its official.... i'm a retard!!!!

I managed to upload the wrong file - so if you downloaded before yesterday evening, please replae the file you have with the right one.
The link has been fixed and will DL the right one for you - click away!!!!!

Comments / abuse welcome as usual :)

Alex

fils_here
03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
sounding ok that, have you hear igneous's version?

ERROR404
03-12-2007, 02:26 PM
thanks man.
yeah i know Dave really well, his version rocks :D
inspired me to do this.

fils_here
03-12-2007, 03:16 PM
wicked, he sent me a cd a few weeks ago full of his tracks, that was 1 of them, pretty good cd too!!

acidguru
08-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Not my cup of tea..

Little_Fella!
11-01-2008, 05:28 AM
Listened to this a while ago at home...

I do like the groove you got going which has a real techno vibe to it - - nice bass... production coming through nicely, although was tidying at the time so no specifics apart from it being nice and clean (I'm sure my memory serves me)...

I think you should take the vocal away more and use it with the groove... show the groove off more as this is what makes the tune, giving it it's character and not the vocals, for me anyways...

At the moment it's like someone playing Good Life mixed in to another record... warping the vocals to the shape of the bass groove would add to the sweep of the tune giving that extra swing of the hip on the dancefloor...

It's good so far but I feel it should have it's own identity and not be smothered in bootleg principle...

Like I always say, just a personal viewpoint so don't hate me...! heh heh

ERROR404
04-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I think there is definately weight in what you're saying although I don't really agree.
The principal of a bootleg as far as i'm concerned is a 'illegal' remix if you will, rather than a sampler track. I didn't want this to be just another track sampling the melody and banging along on another tangent for 4 minutes, using the original track's melody as a hook line as many others have already done. My take on it was to use the basic elemtnets of the original track, to try to retain some of the original structure to a certain extent and to keep the "feel" of it whilst bringing the "sound" up date.
The principal was to make this accessible and subtle without being just another thoughtless 4/4 crowd pleaser.

Little_Fella!
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I think there is definately weight in what you're saying although I don't really agree.
The principal of a bootleg as far as i'm concerned is a 'illegal' remix if you will, rather than a sampler track. I didn't want this to be just another track sampling the melody and banging along on another tangent for 4 minutes, using the original track's melody as a hook line as many others have already done. My take on it was to use the basic elemtnets of the original track, to try to retain some of the original structure to a certain extent and to keep the "feel" of it whilst bringing the "sound" up date. The principal was to make this accessible and subtle without being just another thoughtless 4/4 crowd pleaser.

I feel you have done what you set out to do very well and this track has much more of it's own identity than sooo much of the remix mush that's even legally put out there...

I just feel that you could tip the balance even more towards the identity of the mix you have created, which just as a personal veiwpoint is all important, by showing off the groove a bit more in the ways I have mentioned...

So yeah, am thinking you can get even more out of what is essentially one of the few good bootlegs of this particular track...:cool:

dirty_bass
04-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I hate the original.
hate it hate it.

I love all of YOUR stuff in this, it`s great, but all the good life stuff turns my stomach.
The mix of fresh cutting edge techno and old old vocals just doesn`t work for me.

Production wise this seems very much like a radio mix, in that the vocals and everything are right up front, nicely executed.
I think it would be nicer to push the vocals back a little, or constrain them more, to allow the groove to be more full, but I get what you have done here, and understand what you are going for.

ERROR404
05-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I understand where you are coming from Steve - kinda what i expected from most people to be honest, especially those who have been around a bit longer !! :lol:

I wrote this really just for my own use live, it all gets deconstructed and rearranged anyway so it pretty accademic really!

Thanks for the comments guys anyway, always nice to get a feel for what other folks think :)

Jay Pace
08-02-2008, 03:47 PM
This great. Production sounds top drawer to me.

Love what you've done with it, proper glitchy take on it, and really adding somethign and doing something new with (sorry) a slightly overplayed, over remixed and over familiar track.

Really like this dude. Cracking stuff.

Kube 72
15-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I like this one, nicely stripped down and the second vocal works well....good work fella

278d7e64a374de26f==