Dynamo Kiev v Roma 19.45
Man Utd v Sporting 19.45
Group G
CSKA Moscow v PSV 17.30
Inter v Fenerbahce 19.45
Group H
Sevilla v Arsenal 19.45
Steaua Bucuresti v Slavia Prague 19.45

United against Sporting at Old Trafford, Sir Alex is expected to rotate so it could be an interesting affair, Sevilla against Arsenal should be a good game...

Will
27-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Lyon v Barcelona could be a good game also, and don't forget Steau v Slavia!

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Rangers could be through tonight if they win and Lyon lose..

(who'd of thought that from that group) !

Will
27-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Hopefully they'll go out!

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I think Wenger has under-estimated Seville tonight by dropping too may first team players, 2-1 down half time..

Elsewhere Rangers 1-1 and Man Utd 1-0 down...

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Wenger took a gamble tonight and it hasn't paid of...

28 games unbeaten run comes to an end!

Sendoros was awful tonight,at one point he caught the ball as he thought he heard a whistle!! (wanker)

Credit to Sevilla though they were the better team and looked quite dangerous for most of the match...

Rangers beat 3-2 and Man utd won 2-1...

Numeric
27-11-2007, 09:59 PM
:lol: that boy ronaldo :)

United were awful in the first half but well pleased with the second half display, Anderson is awesome...

Insomnia
27-11-2007, 10:16 PM
that boy ronaldo

So what was the crack on Saturday, was he just being rested for the night?

Numeric
27-11-2007, 10:41 PM
yeah man i think so, was a mistake by sir alex in my opinion not starting with him and anderson against bolton...

it was pique who made the error for the goal though...

Esox Lucius
28-11-2007, 07:04 AM
class free kick from the boy ronny. showing once again why he is the best in the world.

Insomnia
28-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Aye it was a mean free-kick it has to be said, he knew exactly where that was going..

Numeric
28-11-2007, 09:45 AM
well happy with United's Champions League record this season, won the group with a game to spare, we didn't create much in the first half last night and the goal that was ruled offside maybe should have stood, but once Sir Alex changed it in the second half we were much the better team, Evra and Anderson were both class, shame Evra took a dive as otherwise his performance was exemplary, and Cristiano's goal was incredible :)

sorry nick mate but i thoroughly enjoyed watching Arsenal get beat on the highlights show...

Insomnia
28-11-2007, 09:49 AM
sorry nick mate but i thoroughly enjoyed watching Arsenal get beat on the highlights show...

No worries mate it dont happen often so i'll let you off!

Saying that they had some qualtiy players, ie Fabiano and Al Ves..

They proved they are no mugs last night and a dificult place to go like, think they've only lost 1 champions league game at home before...

Numeric
28-11-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah man that's right they have an awesome home record in Europe, from what i could gather Arsenal were in control until Sevilla equalised and then Arsenal fell apart...

Sevilla had loads of chances, the score could have been a lot worse...

Numeric
28-11-2007, 02:12 PM
tonights fixtures...

Group A
Besiktas v Marseille 19.45
Liverpool v FC Porto 19.45
Group B
Rosenborg v Chelsea 19.45
Valencia v Schalke 04 19.45
Group C
Lazio v Olympiakos 19.45
Werder v Real Madrid 19.45
Group D
Benfica v AC Milan 19.45
Celtic v Shakhtar Donetsk 19.45

Liverpool against Porto is the one everyone will be interested in i guess, really hope the kopites get t**ted to round of a perfect European week :lol:

nick_anarchy
28-11-2007, 05:49 PM
we were piss poor 1st half ... tevez made the difference workin hard for the ball unlike saha giggs shown his experience once again ...

roll on the last 16

Insomnia
28-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Been watching the Celtic game tonight, they just levelled before half time 1-1..

Liverpool 1-1 also and Chelsea cruising 3-0 so far...

Insomnia
28-11-2007, 09:44 PM
What a finnish, Celtic nick it 2-1 in the last minute...

Some second half display from Liverpool 4-1 ft, Chelsea 4-0 ft...

Numeric
28-11-2007, 10:17 PM
i wasn't really paying attention to the game but Porto looked proper gash...

Microdot
29-11-2007, 03:34 AM
dropping anderson for any game is a mistake at this point in time.......potential poty imo

Numeric
29-11-2007, 09:04 AM
dropping anderson for any game is a mistake at this point in time.......potential poty imo

he's been awesome hasn't he, him and hargreaves are the future no question :)

basslinejunkie
29-11-2007, 10:00 AM
i wasn't really paying attention to the game but Porto looked proper gash...

chat shit you mate,every time we win the other team looked gash.....

Great win for the redmen,second half display was excellent and torres is the ****in man ;)

Esox Lucius
29-11-2007, 10:30 AM
hail hail

good win for the shite got to be said.

french_og
29-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Porto played quite well for the end of the 1st half and start of the 2nd and made life for liverpool difficult and had a good chance to go 2-1 up. Liverpool dug deep and when they took off that useless twat Veronin got control of the game. Torres's 2nd goal was well taken and 4-1 is a excellent result vs Porto.

Numeric
29-11-2007, 11:58 AM
chat shit you mate,every time we win the other team looked gash.....

i did specify that i wasn't really paying attention :lol:

DJ RE:HAB
29-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Aye liverpool were quite poor really from the 25-30 mins, till the 70min mark.

Andy Gray last night what a prick the man should not be allowed to commentate of liverpool games...

He said last night, if anyone who hadnt seen the game would of looked at the score and thought liverpool hammered porto... Which in fairness we hadnt...

But if the cunts readin this which he aint gonna be...

Aint it a sign of a quality team that doesnt play that well and still wins 4-1... Eh Eh Mr ****ing baldy scottish arrogant utd cunt...

Doesnt matter how liverpool play he never ever says anything positive about them... the mans a twat clear as day... and up fergies ass

O'Shea, Fletcher, fecking who?

try Alonso, Gerrard, Macsherano... World class midfielders...

Roll on the 16th, shut the baldy little bute up!

phantomdj
29-11-2007, 12:53 PM

Andy Gray last night what a prick the man should not be allowed to commentate of liverpool games...

He said last night, if anyone who hadnt seen the game would of looked at the score and thought liverpool hammered porto... Which in fairness we hadnt...

Aint it a sign of a quality team that doesnt play that well and still wins 4-1... Eh Eh Mr ****ing baldy scottish arrogant utd cunt...

Doesnt matter how liverpool play he never ever says anything positive about them... the mans a twat clear as day... and up fergies ass

spot on mate...

Numeric
29-11-2007, 12:57 PM
:lol: Gray is a legend

and, funny how you compare our squad midfielders to your first choice :lol:

try Giggs, Scholes, Cristiano, Anderson and Hargreaves mate...

not even Gerrard would get into the United first eleven now...

Marseille dominated you at Anfield and there's nothing to suggest that they can't do the same at the Stade Vélodrome on the 11th Dec...

Microdot
29-11-2007, 01:15 PM

wtf!?! andy gray fcuking hates Utd!!

obviously you've never heard him commentate on one of the many Man Utd vs arsenal "title deciders" of the past 7 or 8 years.

when Ronaldo put Utd 2-1 up at highbury this year, he and martin tyler were proper gutted. they actually sound disgusted, as if ian huntley had put the ball in the net.....

ps...i like the way you've compared 2 of Utd's reserves against liverpool's first choice midfield......

Alonso, Gerrard, Macsherano might just about get the better of O'Shea and Fletcher on their day, but if both squads were fully fit they'd be more likely to be going up against Scholes, Anderson and Hargreaves......

french_og
29-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I watched the game on RTE2 the Irish channel and the commentators and pundits said exactly the same as Andy Gray...

29-11-2007, 01:37 PM
lol..

Hargreaves, just remind me of what that little fecker has achieved and cast ya mind were he was gettin put through the mincer by everyone on this board before "that" world cup/euro cup for being shite....

Whats fecking changed lad..? If he was any decent he would of been premiership class from the start mate.. Scholes is past it, and anderson well he's still raw and lacks intelligence and maturity mate...

Ronaldo's a winger aswell isnt he, i named central midfielders, as is giggs...

29-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh Sorry Then Theres That £18 Million Pound...

Whats His Name...

Ahh Yer...

Carrick..

Numeric
29-11-2007, 01:50 PM
you haven't got any class wide players to speak of that is the only reason why you didn't mention them...

Hargreaves, his record? um...

FC Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2001
Intercontinental Cup: 2001
DFB Pokal: 2003, 2005, 2006
Premiere Ligapokal 2004
2001 European U-21 Player of the Year

International
England Player of the Year: 2006
England Player of the World Cup: 2006

and he has never been sent off in over 200 appearances for club and country, not bad considering the type of game he plays...

and, Carrick has a Premiership medal, Gerrard hasn't...

and Scholes, past it? :lol: you obviously haven't watched United this season so you're in no position to comment, and as for Anderson lacking intelligence, take a look at some the balls he plays, his running and tackling, if he lacks intelligence now then i can't wait to see what he's like in a few seasons...

you do make me laugh :lol:

29-11-2007, 01:58 PM
FC Bayern Munich
German Bundesliga: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2001
Intercontinental Cup: 2001
DFB Pokal: 2003, 2005, 2006
Premiere Ligapokal 2004
2001 European U-21 Player of the Year

All German mate, counts for shit... Still waiting for him to prove himself in our league.

International
England Player of the Year: 2006
England Player of the World Cup: 2006

Oh yer fair play to the fairy for winning them 2 medals... I mean u have to say tho the rest of the squad werent really playing at all were they so it werent hard for him to get them 2.

he's shite, i'll give him till january to prove himself...

Numeric
29-11-2007, 02:08 PM
:lol: so you totally disregard his Champions League medal? :lol:

dear oh dear, how much football do you actualy watch mate because you're clueless as f**k :cheese:

29-11-2007, 02:37 PM
No i dont disregard that lad, i disregard him as a player...

Djimi traores got a champions league medal mate... so whats your point, so's igor biscuit tin aswell you saying there class acts aswell now.

they were both shite...

Numeric
29-11-2007, 02:44 PM
my point is that Hargreaves has held a position in one of the strongest teams in world football a fair few years and been very successfull during that period, for you to disregard him as a player is laughable...

we'll see anyway in a couple of weeks when Hargreaves and Anderson own the midfield at Anfield :)

massplanck
29-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I watched the game on RTE2 the Irish channel and the commentators and pundits said exactly the same as Andy Gray...

Johnny Giles & Eamonn Dunphy are legends!

french_og
29-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Hargreaves is a much better player than Mascherano, yeah both players good holding midfielders and defensively but Mascherano offers nothing with the ball and never even looks for the ball from the defence and never wants it.

french_og
29-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Johnny Giles & Eamonn Dunphy are legends!

Yeah i always prefer to watch the games on RTE2, they never sit on the fence and say it as it is..

basslinejunkie
29-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Hargreaves is a much better player than Mascherano, yeah both players good holding midfielders and defensively but Mascherano offers nothing with the ball and never even looks for the ball from the defence and never wants it.

you been smoking crack recently or something?!? you used to be spot on with your anylisis,theve gone to shit recently were liverpool are concernd.

Numeric
29-11-2007, 04:25 PM
anyone with any amount of football nouse knows that Hargreaves is better than Mascherano on every level...

Hargreaves is also a better holding midfield player than Gerrard or Alonso :cheese:

basslinejunkie
29-11-2007, 04:46 PM
god now we are getting silly,chill on that fizzy pop fella ;)

29-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Aye yer, of course mate...

How long did it take Hargreaves to break into the England fold, mascheranos been solid for argentina for a long time.. and its argentina we're talking about here not england lad. time will tell, but i cant understand why its taken him soo long to get to were he is in his game and mascherno 3 years younger..

Alonso, Gerrard, Mascherano...

One of the best midfields in the world

Hes gonna be a dud hargreaves shite for england bar one world cup... oooooh.
Agreed done well in bundesliga, but different league, different style of football..

our centre midfield a different class.

29-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Plus he's was born in ****ing canada shouldnt he have a hockey stick in his and a puck up his ass...

what good has ever come out of there...

Numeric
29-11-2007, 05:20 PM
don't know why you have a complex over Hargreaves but you're talkin total shite as you always do whenever you post in here, which usually coinsides with a Liverpool victory, but you're strangely AWOL when your team is doing shit, similar to all the other fair weather kopites on this board...

you're centre midfield is good i grant you but none of your shite would get into the United midfield and that is fact...

Hargreaves is already proving his worth at United, if you had actualy watched him play this season when you would know this but you obviously haven't so your bollocks opinion means nothing...

and as for England, on recent performances Gerrard has done f**k all in the white shirt and deserves to lose his place to someone who can do a much better job...

Traxx
29-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Yawn, same old!

Was a good match last night, crackin atmosphere in the ground. Good win.

Microdot
30-11-2007, 12:19 PM
given the choice, I'd pick Hargreaves over gerrard everytime. bettert tackler, better passer, better team player, better all round attitude.

I think Mascherano is quality and would have a good chance of getting into Utd's starting 11, depending on the form of Anderson and Hargreaves.

phantomdj
30-11-2007, 12:54 PM
given the choice, I'd pick Hargreaves over gerrard everytime. bettert tackler, better passer, better team player, better all round attitude.

I think Mascherano is quality and would have a good chance of getting into Utd's starting 11, depending on the form of Anderson and Hargreaves.

you mancs are just blind and totally thick....

gerrard would walk into your team.... and the fact fergie wants him says more than any of the rubbish you lot come out with...

it is always the manc fans in the country who chat absolute rubbish... why is it that fans from other teams have sense and proportion, yet you lot just say words which ridicule yourselves to the extreme....

jealous and blindness springs to mind!!! all in all, it's pathetic.

french_og
30-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Any team in the Premiership would have Gerrard in their side without doubt..

Esox Lucius
30-11-2007, 02:13 PM
wouldnt say no, although he is a cock with a huge ego.

Microdot
30-11-2007, 02:25 PM
you mancs are just blind and totally thick....

gerrard would walk into your team.... and the fact fergie wants him says more than any of the rubbish you lot come out with...

it is always the manc fans in the country who chat absolute rubbish... why is it that fans from other teams have sense and proportion, yet you lot just say words which ridicule yourselves to the extreme....

jealous and blindness springs to mind!!! all in all, it's pathetic.

you really are clueless son.

Fergie did want to sign gerrard, 2 or 3 years ago. haven't heard him mention the g word since gerrard agreed to go to chelsea.
on current form, Anderson and Hargreaves are both better players.
and Scholes always has been better than gerrard.
like I said, Mascherano is the best midfielder at loonypool.

Microdot
30-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Any team in the Premiership would have Gerrard in their side without doubt..

disagree.

he wouldn't be an automatic first choice at any of the other big 3 clubs anymore.
granted, he would get the team a few extra fee kicks and pens in a season, what with his diving and playacting, but I'm not sure that's enough to hold down a spot in the first team for any amount of time.

I'm sure he'll regain his form at some point, his last game for ht e sc***ers was a good one, but I reckon players such as Fabregas and Anderson (not comparing the two) have more natural and technical ability.

phantomdj
30-11-2007, 04:33 PM
how you can talk about divers when your team is full of them is beyond me...

scholes better than gerrard?? pftttttttt!!!!!

Insomnia
30-11-2007, 04:34 PM
That free-kick he scored last week was top draw no doubt about that...

Fabregas and Gerrard would be a mean midfield...

Microdot
30-11-2007, 05:09 PM
how you can talk about divers when your team is full of them is beyond me...

scholes better than gerrard?? pftttttttt!!!!!

name them then son.
if you're referring to Ronaldo then I'd say that, of the two players in the past season or two, gerrard has cheated and dived more.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VR-hXYn2pA0

if you're referring to Rooney, I've only actually ever seen him dive once. but because it was in a big game against arsenal, we never hear the last of it.

Saha is probably the worst player at Utd for diving tbh, can't remember any major dives though apart from the one where he actually got fouled and made a meal of it this season vs the rent boys.

can you name anyone else that dives at Utd?
Evra? Hargreaves? Rio? Wesley? - Park?, Vidic?

you seem to be constantly sniping at Man Utd and but never actually coming up with any concrete facts to back up what you say.

and if you think gerrard is a better player than Paul Scholes, then you need to introduce me to your dealer cause the gear you're smoking must be some powerful shit.....
both as a player and as a person, stevie g aint fit to lace Paul Scholes' boots.

I'm sure there are many topics about which you really know your stuff.........
football's not one of them.

Spacehopper
30-11-2007, 06:07 PM
lets just see what happens December 16th, then we will all see which midfield is stronger.......the only reason you are saying scholes, anderson and hargreaves are better than gerrard is because hes having an off spell at the moment. When gerrard is in top form only scholes comes close, because he really is an excellent player

Microdot
30-11-2007, 06:49 PM
lets just see what happens December 16th, then we will all see which midfield is stronger.......the only reason you are saying scholes, anderson and hargreaves are better than gerrard is because hes having an off spell at the moment. When gerrard is in top form only scholes comes close, because he really is an excellent player

not seen enough of Anderson to tell if he'll keep it up, but he's put a couple of performances in so far this season that suggest he's every bit as good a player as gerrard, and a better passer of the ball for certain.

I'm not denying gerrard is a quality player, at one point he even looked like he might make a world class box to box midfielder, but it just never seemed to materialize.
I just said on current form I'd pick Hargreaves in preference to gerrard for various reasons, which I would and I bet steve mclaren wishes he had/could have done for the last 3 or 4 england games too.

for the record, I also said Mascherano is better than gerrard.

Microdot
30-11-2007, 06:52 PM
That free-kick he scored last week was top draw no doubt about that...

Fabregas and Gerrard would be a mean midfield...

Fabregas and Essien would make a much better one though.

Spacehopper
30-11-2007, 07:50 PM
[/QUOTE]for the record, I also said Mascherano is better than gerrard.[/QUOTE]

different types of players........are you saying mascherano is a better attacking midfielder than gerrard?

Microdot
30-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I reckon he's got more to his game than gerrard.

french_og
01-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Mascherano is just a out and out holding defensive midfielder, does the job well in front of the back for. If Gerrard wanted to just do that role then im sure he could but Gerrard does everything in that midfield. He is not just a good attacking midfielder who gets forward and scores goals but also does get box to box and win a lot of ball also and a all round quality player.

Disapointed with his recent England displays but his performances for Liverpool apart from a blip in form early in the season have been as concistent as any player in the Premiership.

Microdot
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I reckon its gerrard's inability to play the holding role in midfield that prevents him from becoming one of the best in the world.
at one point I thought he could be a world class box to box midfielder, but the defensive side of his game never really improved enough., a few years back,

Mascherano keeps his passing more simple, and as a result more effective, than gerrard too. gerrard looks for the defence splitting pass too much imo.

03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
lmao...

Anderson better than gerrard.
Hargreaves better than gerrard.
Scholes i would say there both the same really but id give gerrard the nod as hes younger.

U mancs mate crack me up mate...

I hope you get beat tonight mate... i really do.. you best get use to the league table how it looks today coz your gonna be stuck below us after the 16th mate, and our game in hand won.

gerrard a diver... coming from the team with ronaldo, evra, saha and rooney who managed to dive when commiting a foul against a russia which near enough cost us the game.

come on fulham!!!

03-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Manchester United fans are like rats your never 3 metres away from one...

Torres gonna whip your skinny asses on 16th boys... Masch in the middle crunchin hargreaves... haha.. oh yer!!

Microdot
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I hope you get beat tonight mate... i really do..

fcuk me, a sc***er hoping Utd get beat at football. wonders never cease.

Manchester United fans are like rats your never 3 metres away from one...

Torres gonna whip your skinny asses on 16th boys... Masch in the middle crunchin hargreaves... haha.. oh yer!!

you should know son, rats being the staple diet of most hub cap collectors....

03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
hahaha...

cheeky ****.

One ting about scholesy mate, everytime he goes for a tackle he gets booked...

Probs lets his game down.

Plus he's ginger...

Numeric
03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
you should know son, rats being the staple diet of most hub cap collectors....

:lol: is right

278d7e64a374de26f==