PDA

View Full Version : The Advent

speed-it-up
27-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Going to see them this weekend, anyone seen them lately, & does anyone know if they are still a two piece? Hopefully will still be banging it out!

eppertheleper
27-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Two-piece? As in Colin McBean? You haven't seen them for a long time, huh? (I haven't either, I'm not knocking you)

Should just be Cisco, unless I've missed something. Should also be banging.

speed-it-up
27-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Two-piece? As in Colin McBean? You haven't seen them for a long time, huh? (I haven't either, I'm not knocking you)

Should just be Cisco, unless I've missed something. Should also be banging.

Nah, not seen them for years, heard they had split and was wondering what the position was. Hopefully Ferriera will still be up to standard on his todd.

MARK ANXIOUS
27-11-2007, 05:51 PM
they split up years ago. colin went on to be mr g and cisco kept the advent name.

either way, they are both two very talented producers :)

The Overfiend
27-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Mr. G went on to put out music on Alpha for a minute, would love to hear some more recent stuff from him
He does house right.

Electrictribe
28-11-2007, 07:18 AM
always liked the advent. would be interested to hear the stuff mr g has done. is it very much like slow advent or was it completely different direction? They always have had such a individual sound.

BloodStar
28-11-2007, 10:21 AM
yeah. Cisco is the daddy. Remeber his livePA back in days around 2000. It totally blew me away. Then I heard him several times and it was always top notch Hopefully he will be in Brno next spring.crossfingers

Split-Personality
29-11-2007, 10:57 AM
He's playing at Split this weekend, will be the first time ive seen "The Advent" cant wait!

Little_Fella!
29-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Going to see them this weekend, anyone seen them lately, & does anyone know if they are still a two piece? Hopefully will still be banging it out!

I can recommend The Advent very highly as I saw them, er him, at JOY in Leeds two weeks ago... great stuff :xcool:

Elvio Neto
05-12-2007, 09:20 PM
i allways saw francisco ferreira (cisco) using the name the advent... i never saw the other guy...

i wonder what kind of influences colin have on the advent tracks becouse the style of the advent allways was portuguese techno like xl garcia , xla garcia , a.paul and others (z mig L sometimes) thats why i allways though cisco was the advent...

speed-it-up
06-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I was a little bit disappointed by the set I saw last saturday.
Less of the stripped down banging techno funk with the rolling hi-hat, more bog standard commercial sounding techno. I suppose times change.

BDC
27-12-2007, 04:47 AM
Cisco is one of the coolest cats in the biz....for real.

I still catch up to him every now and then.

Microdot
27-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Cisco is one of the coolest cats in the biz....for real.

I still catch up to him every now and then.

word.
Cisco is a real gent. Proper down to earth fella.
Backs it up with sick tunes too. Been around since day one and still keeps it fresh.
First house record I ever bought was by Cisco called "A State Of Mind" by "KCC" in 1989.

Kells
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Cisco is a top dude, one of the coolest guys we have had at JOY, was just like been with one of the lads...

and his set was wicked!!

Paul Zykotik
07-01-2008, 01:06 PM
always liked the advent. would be interested to hear the stuff mr g has done. is it very much like slow advent or was it completely different direction? They always have had such a individual sound.

Tech-house, on the funkier side of things, although I haven't heard anything of his for 3 or 4 years now. Not much in the way of Advent influence, but pretty good tunes.

278d7e64a374de26f==