PDA

View Full Version : dig out the old classics!!!

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 12:23 AM
As a now avid fan of high end software such as Reaktor, Audiomulch etc etc, today ive been going through some VST today that i havent used in yonks, great fun, rediscovering old favourite, classic synths, in particular good ol Novation Basstation vst, lovely fat mono synth, forgot just how good this synth can sound at times, i fecking love it

any particular faves from you guys?

Superwave gets a mention too, absolutely love this thing. Just lushness

dirty_bass
28-11-2007, 04:43 AM
Superwave is one of the best Synths for capturing that Huge analog sound of the 80`s synths made during the height of the analog years. When they really rinsed the technology for all it was worth.
Massive

I still love TC Mercury-1, the SH101, sim. It rules for deep subs.

Pro 53 is still a good, low cpu workhorse, nice for noisey analog percussion and strange effects.

Can`t beat the original BJ Ring mod either.

BloodStar
28-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I had a great time with Bassstation few weeks ago. I am thinking of buying it in HW version.
Waldorf Attack is nice aswel. I am using it time to time for kicks and some strange noises and bleeps.

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 08:05 PM
never used TC Mercury 1 steve, sounds nice man

yep Pro 53 is another i was getting nostalgic over, cracking synth, mainly for leads and effects

RDR
29-11-2007, 07:38 AM
BJ Ring mod

snigger

I am thinking of buying it in HW version

DONT

I've owned two of them, and a bigger pain in the arse synth i have NEVER ever used, badly behaved doesnt even come close. The VSTi is genuinly and improvement on the sound and actually cheaper than a hardware version.

BloodStar
29-11-2007, 08:50 AM
DONT

I've owned two of them, and a bigger pain in the arse synth i have NEVER ever used, badly behaved doesnt even come close. The VSTi is genuinly and improvement on the sound and actually cheaper than a hardware version.

good to know, then. hmm fortunatelly yesterday I lost an auction on Ebay, so I will not bid anymore :) cheers!

Komplex
08-12-2007, 03:29 AM
snigger

DONT

how is the vsti an improvement and what exactly didn't you like bout the real version? was it buggy or something?

doesn't it function as a midi to c/v converter too?

bmovie
14-12-2007, 09:41 PM
+1 for BJ RingMod

also the mda effects are still favorites here

and some more classics that i still enjoy:

BloodOverDrive
P1-TapeDelay
NorthPole
JS Mini-sample

MARK ANXIOUS
15-12-2007, 12:55 PM
yeah that blood overdrive is STILL on my system after all these years. god i havent used that tc mercury for years, looks like i'm gonna have to go back through some old disks :xcool:

Microdot
15-12-2007, 02:00 PM
tc mercury is tha bomb!

278d7e64a374de26f==