PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Aratron

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 07:51 AM
If you've got some kind of problem with me, do you want to tell me what I've done so we can sort it out, or are you going to continue to have sly pops in posts? I have no problem with you what so ever, or any other poster in this section of the board, but I am getting tired of reading your little digs.

What's the crack?

Aratron
28-11-2007, 10:31 AM
If you've got some kind of problem with me, do you want to tell me what I've done so we can sort it out, or are you going to continue to have sly pops in posts? I have no problem with you what so ever, or any other poster in this section of the board, but I am getting tired of reading your little digs.

What's the crack?

just in reaction to your digs at artists like Geezer. deal with it.

or are you trying to get me banned?

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 10:41 AM
just in reaction to your digs at artists like Geezer. deal with it.

or are you trying to get me banned?

Trying to get you banned? No. I'm trying to find out what your sly digs at me are about. So come on then, what is it that I've 'typed' about that you've found so very offensive that you feel the need to start chucking abuse and digs about?

Aratron
28-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Trying to get you banned? No. I'm trying to find out what your sly digs at me are about. So come on then, what is it that I've 'typed' about that you've found so very offensive that you feel the need to start chucking abuse and digs about?

the same things which Dave the Drummer himself complained to you about when you were the Mod here. I think it was your criticisms of Guy that stopped him posting on here. well done.

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 10:59 AM
the same things which Dave the Drummer himself complained to you about when you were the Mod here. I think it was your criticisms of Guy that stopped him posting on here. well done.

What a load of bollocks. I get on fine with Henry.

And for the record I've always said it's impossible to be a fan of acid techno and not like Guy 'The Geezer' McAffer's work.

The bloke's made hundreds of absolute classics over the years, of all sounds and styles and I respect that to fu*k. Hats off and all that.

My point is, or should I say my niggle is that you must have noticed how many of his tracks in the recent years have been of a very, very formulatic style? Even reviews in magazines and online refer to it as "Guy's trademark RAW style".

Well I don't like that style. I've heard those loops too many times and they bore me.

BUT...

I know from sales, etc; that RAW is one of the most popular sub-labels @ SUF, so people like that style, and fair play, can't take nothing away from him for that. Sale speak volumes. I used to love RAW, it was fresh as hell, then went uber-slack sound wise IMO, and has recently picked up again.

It's just my opinion. That's all.

I don't start abusing you because I don't agree with your opinions. They are your opinions, and your entitled to them.

Aratron
28-11-2007, 11:04 AM
What a load of bollocks. I get on fine with Henry.

And for the record I've always said it's impossible to be a fan of acid techno and not like Guy 'The Geezer' McAffer's work.

The bloke's made hundreds of absolute classics over the years, of all sounds and styles and I respect that to fu*k. Hats off and all that.

My point is, or should I say my niggle is that you must have noticed how many of his tracks in the recent years have been of a very, very formulatic style? Even reviews in magazines and online refer to it as "Guy's trademark RAW style".

Well I don't like that style. I've heard those loops too many times and they bore me.

BUT...

I know from sales, etc; that RAW is one of the most popular sub-labels @ SUF, so people like that style, and fair play, can't take nothing away from him for that. Sale speak volumes. I used to love RAW, it was fresh as hell, then went uber-slack sound wise IMO, and has recently picked up again.

It's just my opinion. That's all.

I don't start abusing you because I don't agree with your opinions. They are your opinions, and your entitled to them.

ok mate i'll just let you get on with whatever. obvious your too high and mighty for anyone else to dare criticise. so much for mods. if your in the 'in' crowd you can say what you want. if you not your ****ed. i know the score.

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 11:18 AM
ok mate i'll just let you get on with whatever. obvious your too high and mighty for anyone else to dare criticise. so much for mods. if your in the 'in' crowd you can say what you want. if you not your ****ed. i know the score.

What the hell are you on about man? How am I, or have I been too high and mighty?

Freedom of speech. Your entitled to it, so am I.

I've no power here. If I stepped out of line, I'd take the BOA banning like the next man.

I just want to sort out what ever's got your back up. That's all.

Aratron
28-11-2007, 11:22 AM
What the hell are you on about man? How am I, or have I been too high and mighty?

Freedom of speech. Your entitled to it, so am I.

I've no power here. If I stepped out of line, I'd take the BOA banning like the next man.

I just want to sort out what ever's got your back up. That's all.

well basically you hold a lot of power here wether you acknowledge that or not.

and i think you are a little to blase about attacking (lets face it, it is an attack) Guy's music.

I know i am a hypocritcal cunt.

Some of Guy's music is pretty much garbage, but so is lots of artists, i have stuff by Immersion and Dave The Drummer which is pretty shit.

I can't see how by attacking him we add to the discussion, and move the scene forward.

And i think a lot of Guy's stuff over the last few years is pretty good; and your missing something.

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 11:29 AM
well basically you hold a lot of power here wether you acknowledge that or not.

and i think you are a little to blase about attacking (lets face it, it is an attack) Guy's music.

I know i am a hypocritcal cunt.

Some of Guy's music is pretty much garbage, but so is lots of artists, i have stuff by Immersion and Dave The Drummer which is pretty shit.

I can't see how by attacking him we add to the discussion, and move the scene forward.

And i think a lot of Guy's stuff over the last few years is pretty good; and your missing something.

Ok, fair do's. I hardly think me not liking his recent style is an attack on him, but if thats how you think it comes across to you (and maybe others) I'll respect that, and try and bite my tongue a little, or at least be more constructive with my comments.

Right, I'm going to ban you now.

Joke! :)

dan the acid man
28-11-2007, 11:33 AM
It's all opinions at the end of the day, alot of us here agree with si in geezer can be a little too formulaic, but then other people still like that sound.

As for being a mod or an ex mod makes you more powerful, then that's utter garbage Aratron, you're too paranoid for your own good mate, there's no secret society crap on here:lol:

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 11:36 AM
*gives dan the secret handshake*

Aratron
28-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok, fair do's. I hardly think me not liking his recent style is an attack on him, but if thats how you think it comes across to you (and maybe others) I'll respect that, and try and bite my tongue a little, or at least be more constructive with my comments.

Right, I'm going to ban you now.

Joke! :)

ok dude. soz for having the pops at you and that will stop.
i actually like stuff like SUF 80 - Sheet Acid 3
Routemaster 56 by Guy. Recent Stuff on Yolk he has done.

Not stuff you listen to inthe bath. Crank it up to 160 bpm - few jack n jills everyones happy.

dan the acid man
28-11-2007, 11:37 AM
*gives si the goat to sacrifice*

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 11:45 AM
ok dude. soz for having the pops at you and that will stop.
i actually like stuff like SUF 80 - Sheet Acid 3
Routemaster 56 by Guy. Recent Stuff on Yolk he has done.

Not stuff you listen to inthe bath. Crank it up to 160 bpm - few jack n jills everyones happy.

It's cool.

I think I'm going to start on Lawrie Immersion next for not making enough acid techno...

Aratron
28-11-2007, 12:46 PM
It's cool.

I think I'm going to start on Lawrie Immersion next for not making enough acid techno...

did you know he actually added me to his MSN?
is he ever online? does he ever respond to my feverished emails?

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Dunno about online time, but he answers his emails quickly.

People_Mover
28-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Having an opinion is the bread and butter of everyday conversation. Usually when you both are conversing face-to-face or even over the phone, you get clues as to the other person's mindset and can adjust your tone accordingly. However when posting opinions within an electronic medium such as this, you are missing those vital clues and it is very easy to be misunderstood. Extra care should be taken, but that doesn't mean we have to behave like good little children and cease talking altogether. Healthy debate is to be encouraged. And - hey - let's face it, we ALL offend someone at sometime in our lives. Now let's all have a big group hug and slap some b***ard hard acid on the decks......

:BigThumbUp:

Si the Sigh
28-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Forums, the same as text messages, etc; can be read in different ways by different people...

Aratron
28-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Dunno about online time, but he answers his emails quickly.

i emailed him about a record i was waiting for and he replied - to the point like but he replied.

hes on msn - never on. maybe added me to the ignore list probably

tocsin
29-11-2007, 03:42 PM
As for being a mod or an ex mod makes you more powerful, then that's utter garbage Aratron, you're too paranoid for your own good mate, there's no secret society crap on here:lol:

LIAR! You wouldn't be allowed to tell us if there was! ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==