PDA

View Full Version : Techno in Liverpool

basslinejunkie
28-11-2007, 01:23 PM
been in the pool for about a week now,can anyone letme know websites for techno nights? also are there any good record shops??

teknorich
28-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Take a look at www.outlar.com mate.

Most of the better nights are listed there, and NO scally nights at all.
Have to admit that there is f-ck all in Liverpool at the moment, sadly.

From what I heard, Rehab had it's last night last weekend, and is over now (tho some lads might be taking it over and continuing it, is not certain).
Monkey Business normally has an hour or two of techno, but is a mix of breaks, D&B etc, not just a techno night.

Aztec sometimes has techno, but again is not purely a Techno night. They had Ruskin play recently, and they've got DJ Bone on Boxing night, which will be a wicked one.

From what I heard Voodoo is dead and buried now, but saying that even in the last year there were only 2 events anyway, so was not something to rely on.

A couple of my mate's are hoping to start a techno night, because there is such a void, but it is still in the early stages, so don't count on it anytime soon.

There are nights now and then, but nothing regular. We've been over to Manchester a couple of times now for Locked, which is a wicked night. The train fare is only a tenner, and the club is wicked. There's always an afterparty to go to, so you don't find yourself waiting at the station freezing your balls off.

I dunno mate, the situation recently is pretty dire. Your best bet is to keep your eyes on Outlar and just see what comes up... I'll PM you if I hear of anything in the near future, to make sure you know, but to be honest the next big night is gonna be Dec 26th.

teknorich
28-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Don't know if you're into Tech-house or Minimal, but there is a relatively new monthly night called Forbidden fruit (@ Lemon Lounge). I've never been, but am most likely going this friday. Is only a couple of quid in, so even if it turns out to be a bit crap, don't cost me too much to find out.

There's a new tech-house/minimal night starting tomorrow @ Bar Fresa called Ausgang. I'll be along to that too, but tomorrow is the very first one and no-one really knows about it yet, so I expect there to be about 6 people there one of who will be serving the beers...

The general vibe recently is that people are quite p*ssed off at the total lack of techno around, and so, like I said, with a bit of luck there may be some new nights starting up =)

basslinejunkie
29-11-2007, 09:48 AM
good man,cheers. il keep my eye on the website,i do like my tech-house.few mates are going to the lemon lounge this fri i cant make it though got bird duties i think.they used to have techno nights there aswell didnt they? i should be at the cavern on boxing nit, was there last year for surgeon was ****ing blinding,probably the best set and best night ive ever had out!!

Mucky Beats
30-11-2007, 10:06 AM
that boxing day bash looks a gud n ... if ya fancy a trip to manchester we got joey beltram in march ...hehehehe shameless plug !

A.P.
30-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Nuclear Audio

278d7e64a374de26f==