PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Most Desirable Format

Aratron
28-11-2007, 04:10 PM
i think all the digital guys are getting wrong.
i read an article in some magazine or paer cant remember where.
saying todays discerning music customers prefer vinyl. The whole aesthetic of it - the album covers, the effort involved in putting vinyl on and the experience of listening to it.
It goes against todays low quality world of which mp3 is a reflection.

What i am saying is dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
For so long techno/dance artists have published in vinyl. Now other scenes nu-punk, classical et etc are realising they want vinyl.

don't cheapen your product with something that is tarnished as cheap and grubby by modern consumers.

massplanck
28-11-2007, 05:09 PM
"It goes against todays low quality world of which mp3 is a reflection"

well said.

RDR
28-11-2007, 05:22 PM
i think all the digital guys are getting wrong.
i read an article in some magazine or paer cant remember where.
saying todays discerning music customers prefer vinyl. The whole aesthetic of it - the album covers, the effort involved in putting vinyl on and the experience of listening to it.
It goes against todays low quality world of which mp3 is a reflection.

What i am saying is dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
For so long techno/dance artists have published in vinyl. Now other scenes nu-punk, classical et etc are realising they want vinyl.

don't cheapen your product with something that is tarnished as cheap and grubby by modern consumers.

Yup, I got it wrong. For sure - I'm a silly billy for not throwing away 1000 pounds on a vinyl release.

dan the acid man
28-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I've got to disagree, don't get me wrong, i still love vinyl, but there's nothing wrong with digital formats at all.

Yes some hifi enthusiasts may still love vinyl as much as the dance/electronic dj's etc, but you've got to also think about what everybody else is buying too, and ipods are the new fashion accessory and won't be going away any time soon.

Personally i think too much time is spent moaning about which format is better, they both have their places, but you've got to move with the times.

At the end of the day, enjoy the music, it doesn't matter how you play it, or what it's played on, as long as you're happy with the end product then that's what matters the most

MARK ANXIOUS
28-11-2007, 06:48 PM
here's the link to dirty bass' post. it's a really interesting read..

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52887

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 07:57 PM
wow, such a detailed thread, best source's going are those magazines or papers that we cant remember, so reliable....

anyway....

sound's like a crock of shit article to me

err, i've got some records that are older than me, some are nearly double my age. People have been putting practically every genre under the sun BUT techno onto vinyl years before dance music even came around. No one is realising they "want" vinyl at all, half the trouble with vinyl costs and availability is the fact that so many people do actually put stuff to vinyl, unfortunately it seems not enough people on the whole are buying it, but there has been a rise in vinyl sales in the 7" and 10" markets, more noticably in indie, rock, pop etc etc but this means absolutely jack shit for the techno scene.

When these kinds of articles or market research is taken, it's taken in places like HMV or written by people who it is safe to say wouldnt have heard of one single solitary techno artist on "our" level if you will if you stood there all day naming them but are infact people who might buy a White Stripes special edition double 12" because it comes on extra heavy duty vinyl with improved artwork or something, which is fair enough if they like the White Stripes, but this is a world away from a struggling independant label who havent even managed to break even on their last release, or worse still lost alot of money. Try telling them vinyl is on the way back and that sales are going through the roof and that infact they dont have to choose between putting out their next release or paying their rent or whatever.

the digital guys arent getting it wrong at all, they are simply finding a way to put their music to market the fastest and most efficient way that is possibly for THEM.

it's so, so easy to sit behind a computer and tell everyone that they should use vinyl because its great, but you've got to have at least a realistic sense of scene and perspective.

it's all well and good telling people to keep putting out vinyl, but it always seem's to be the same people who are reluctant to keep the scene afloat economically. Too many labels putting out vinyl, not enough people buying it. It's a very basic equation when it boils down to it.

you can take a horse to water....

Aratron
28-11-2007, 08:09 PM
wow, such a detailed thread, best source's going are those magazines or papers that we cant remember, so reliable....

anyway....

sound's like a crock of shit article to me

err, i've got some records that are older than me, some are nearly double my age. People have been putting practically every genre under the sun BUT techno onto vinyl years before dance music even came around. No one is realising they "want" vinyl at all, half the trouble with vinyl costs and availability is the fact that so many people do actually put stuff to vinyl, unfortunately it seems not enough people on the whole are buying it, but there has been a rise in vinyl sales in the 7" and 10" markets, more noticably in indie, rock, pop etc etc but this means absolutely jack shit for the techno scene.

When these kinds of articles or market research is taken, it's taken in places like HMV or written by people who it is safe to say wouldnt have heard of one single solitary techno artist on "our" level if you will if you stood there all day naming them but are infact people who might buy a White Stripes special edition double 12" because it comes on extra heavy duty vinyl with improved artwork or something, which is fair enough if they like the White Stripes, but this is a world away from a struggling independant label who havent even managed to break even on their last release, or worse still lost alot of money. Try telling them vinyl is on the way back and that sales are going through the roof and that infact they dont have to choose between putting out their next release or paying their rent or whatever.

the digital guys arent getting it wrong at all, they are simply finding a way to put their music to market the fastest and most efficient way that is possibly for THEM.

it's so, so easy to sit behind a computer and tell everyone that they should use vinyl because its great, but you've got to have at least a realistic sense of scene and perspective.

it's all well and good telling people to keep putting out vinyl, but it always seem's to be the same people who are reluctant to keep the scene afloat economically. Too many labels putting out vinyl, not enough people buying it. It's a very basic equation when it boils down to it.

you can take a horse to water....

as usual getting it completely wrong.

people want quality. high quality. they want something that means something.

theres a world of difference between my Led Zeppelin Collection on vinyl and having the same tunes in some file on some PC.

I have the aesthetic experience of looking at the artwork, of placing the vinyl on the platter of experiencing a superior quality analogue sound.

that what is missing quality and in my opinion love.

look at the old acid techno labels Pull The Strings , specially designed sleeve covers.

It used to be the same for Routemaster and suf. Specially Designed Sleeves and Artwork.
All you get know is some boring old black sleeve. There's no passion, no involvement anymore. That is what is missing.
I hear the lame arguments it costs too much to do this that and the other.
Bullshit. Poeple just don't care enough.

dirty_bass
28-11-2007, 08:13 PM
WEll, I agree with all you have said, but you are clouding persoanl preference to what the actual market is saying, and the overall market is saying it wants digital.

People aren`t even buying stereos any more, they are buying these damn one speaker idock things.
I hate it, I hate mp3, but it`s everywhere.
In the same way that the old hifi purists shat a load about CD, look at how prevailent it became.

Aratron
28-11-2007, 08:18 PM
WEll, I agree with all you have said, but you are clouding persoanl preference to what the actual market is saying, and the overall market is saying it wants digital.

People aren`t even buying stereos any more, they are buying these damn one speaker idock things.
I hate it, I hate mp3, but it`s everywhere.
In the same way that the old hifi purists shat a load about CD, look at how prevailent it became.

well yes i think vinyl is a niche market and as such it should be marketed as such.

im all for increasing the prices for a vinyl product which is produced in limited numbers.

i have been on my travels to many places. and see dj's with decks set up and pretending to dj on vinyl but on the while using some pc program. Its happening everywhere.

Or even pretending to be doing Abletom sets. they just click and go and some prearranged set plays. Boring.

dan the acid man
28-11-2007, 08:29 PM
well yes i think vinyl is a niche market and as such it should be marketed as such.

im all for increasing the prices for a vinyl product which is produced in limited numbers.

i have been on my travels to many places. and see dj's with decks set up and pretending to dj on vinyl but on the while using some pc program. Its happening everywhere.

Or even pretending to be doing Abletom sets. they just click and go and some prearranged set plays. Boring.

:lol: where have you seen dj's pretending to play on vinyl whilst really playing on a laptop then?

as for the artwork argument, you can still have artwork with a digital release

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 08:32 PM

theres a world of difference between my Led Zeppelin Collection on vinyl and having the same tunes in some file on some PC.

I have the aesthetic experience of looking at the artwork, of placing the vinyl on the platter of experiencing a superior quality analogue sound.

look at the old acid techno labels Pull The Strings , specially designed sleeve covers.

It used to be the same for Routemaster and suf. Specially Designed Sleeves and Artwork.
All you get know is some boring old black sleeve. There's no passion, no involvement anymore. That is what is missing.

as usual? i dont think so matey, mainly because i do have the ability to actually seperate from my personal preference and what actually is sustainable in a market place.

you obviously know what i mean because you have given a good example, so i couldnt of been getting it wrong at all. Dont start a discussion if you are just going to dismiss people's opinions

it's all well and good saying "people dont care enough, i want this that and the other from my artwork" but you have to realise that behind all these products someone is actually paying to get these things there, im sure you can handle that concept well enough?

i know what your saying, i too love picking up a nice vinyl album, admiring the artwork, smelling the plastic and everything else that comes with the vinyl experience, but unfortunately it seems not ENOUGH other people love this, when looking at this in a techno scene point of view. In terms of music in general, then of course people care still, otherwise there wouldnt be the rise in vinyl in certain areas that there is. But like i pointed out in the other thread, these people have good resources for promoting what they are putting out, so they ultimately can afford it. The likes of Routemaster, as much as you may love or did love the label, i would hazard a guess that they are selling ****ing pathetic numbers these days, i hope not, but i'd guess thats why now they just use nice, cheap buy in bulk black sleeves. Simply because they cant afford to have sleeves printed up, this is exactly how things work

everything needs money in the first place to be able to offer a professional product.

You cant run a champagne label on a lemonade budget

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 08:34 PM
as for dj's pretending to Dj whilst using a software program, well if people are really doing that, then its so pathetic that you really shouldnt let it bother you

and to be fair it was probably someone using a traktor based system where vinyl is still incorporated, or could of been someone using vinyl AND ableton or whatever. If it bothered you that much you should of said something to them

the_psychologist
28-11-2007, 08:37 PM
i wrote this in another thread - there's no way i'm going to pay $15 USD to get a vinyl single. that's what it costs to import one record to the States now. if the choice is to risk financial ruin on a vinyl run or release straight to digital, i would rather my favorite artists go digital and stay around for the duration. i don't think anyone has to constantly be proving their STREET CRED by suffering for an outdated medium.

this is all an ancient debate, but let me reiterate - sound quality is subjective. yeah, i love certain traits of vinyl, but i love other things about WAV and 320 MP3. with digital, i get a really clean representation of the sound, and it is most likely unspoiled by a poor cut, surface noise, etc..

the bottom line is that digital distribution gives artists total control over their work, which is far more important than trying to revive a format.

Aratron
28-11-2007, 10:07 PM
i know what your saying, i too love picking up a nice vinyl album, admiring the artwork, smelling the plastic and everything else that comes with the vinyl experience, but unfortunately it seems not ENOUGH other people love this, when looking at this in a techno scene point of view.

given a choice between ham sold at ASDA for 99p and ham sold at M and S for 2.99 then the majority of folk will shop in ASDA.
btw please stop trying to score points off me all the time.
your obviously a bright talented lad. you dont need to score points off a bum like me.

dan the acid man
28-11-2007, 10:19 PM
but people will only buy that ham if it's any good too.

Aratron
28-11-2007, 10:39 PM
but people will only buy that ham if it's any good too.

people will buy anything if its cheap enough.

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 10:41 PM
given a choice between ham sold at ASDA for 99p and ham sold at M and S for 2.99 then the majority of folk will shop in ASDA.
btw please stop trying to score points off me all the time.
your obviously a bright talented lad. you dont need to score points off a bum like me.

all depends on what town the ASDA and M n S is in. If we did that test in my town lets just say MnS would be throwing alot of ham away, or reducing it to 99p

and i dont know what the hell you mean about scoring points? i was just pointing out the extreme vagueness and fake optimism of what you posted. People do genuinely need to realise that vinyl sales and vinyls popularity within the techno scene simply is never going to get to the level it once was, regardless of digital or whatever other formats available, unless something REALLY drastic happens, most notably techno becoming a genre that appeals to people in a fashion sense, but then you have to think, is that what we really want anyway?

and thanks for pointing out my talent and brightness. appreciated

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 10:43 PM
people will buy anything if its cheap enough.

well your right unfortunately, which applies to vinyl pressing too. Alot of people over in europe putting out amateur run labels, using shitty, cheapest possibly cutting houses etc and putting out vinyl that is of genuinely bad quality. Doesnt mean an inch what format its on if it comes out sounding like a tin of sardines being squashed with a brick

Aratron
28-11-2007, 10:43 PM
and thanks for pointing out my talent and brightness. appreciated

:lol:

i forgot to mention your modesty aswell.

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 10:44 PM
of course

if you got it, flaunt it

stjohn
28-11-2007, 11:03 PM
i wonder when wav's or other PCM files will be more widespread. i wouldnt mind paying for those. you know you are getting full quality music that will play well in a club. 40 mb is alot i suppose, but external HD's could become liek a crate of records!! similarly a case of DVDs could be organised your own personal way, therefore providing some kind of material ownership!

eyeswithoutaface
28-11-2007, 11:11 PM
exactly

i know alot of people who play digital sets but refuse point blank to play mp3's. they'l play WAV only, and it's easily done, hard drive space isnt a problem in this day and age and neither is portability. Which i must add is still a problem with vinyl, no one actually likes carrying vinyl, if they say they do they are just being devils advocate, unless they just want to look "cool" carrying a bag of records into a club hehe

and i must say, no ones ever stolen an mp3 off me laptop when ive turned around in the dj booth to grab my beer, damn those notorious vinyl thieves

detfella
29-11-2007, 01:18 AM
i think i'm in the minority, i dont care what format music comes on, if there is a tangible product or if 'digital doesn't sound as good as analogue'. but thats cos i'm interested in the musical content not the production/sound quality.

the_psychologist
29-11-2007, 02:30 AM
i think i'm in the minority, i dont care what format music comes on, if there is a tangible product or if 'digital doesn't sound as good as analogue'. but thats cos i'm interested in the musical content not the production/sound quality.

well, i understand what you're saying, but the format does affect the sound quality, which then affects the integrity of the artist's work. but moaning about 320 rate MP3s is ridiculous. they sound really good, and way better than old crackly vinyl. just IMO.

re: filesize of WAVs - hopefully people will start being more selective and quit leeching everything known to man. i think it's better to have 100 tracks in WAV than 1000 in 192 MP3. people are so hung up on having everything, and you never learn your tunes that way.

**** it. we're not really exploring new territory here.

davethedrummer
29-11-2007, 02:37 AM

donations please!

davethedrummer
29-11-2007, 02:39 AM
exactly

i know alot of people who play digital sets but refuse point blank to play mp3's. they'l play WAV only, and it's easily done, hard drive space isnt a problem in this day and age and neither is portability. Which i must add is still a problem with vinyl, no one actually likes carrying vinyl, if they say they do they are just being devils advocate, unless they just want to look "cool" carrying a bag of records into a club hehe

and i must say, no ones ever stolen an mp3 off me laptop when ive turned around in the dj booth to grab my beer, damn those notorious vinyl thieves

i've never had a record stolen in a club
i have to admit

RDR
29-11-2007, 07:08 AM
i have to admit

You're a big lad though eh? :Yes:

BRADLEE
29-11-2007, 07:08 AM
I love records...I dont mind playing wave files, hate Mp3's (they are evil)...but there's nothing like the hands on feel and the entertainment value of a good DJ up there with records...Just something about it.

massplanck
29-11-2007, 07:18 AM
:lol:

i forgot to mention your modesty aswell.

:laughing:

massplanck
29-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Scott is hot.

massplanck
29-11-2007, 07:20 AM
FLAC is the future of digital formats surely?

RDR
29-11-2007, 07:31 AM
In my mind its all about the method of playback. Thats what DJing fully depends on. Without the ability to manipulate it fully I just dont want to know.

On a personal level I HATE playing with traktor or ableton, Its not my method - Final scratch and Serato are more my thing.

But all of that is the USER end experience of playback, and although closely tied in with the purchase of the material it is still disconnected from the delivery, distribution and creation.

Like i've said before actually getting a record to the point it could be sold was (and still is if im honest) a minefield. The process of creating vinyl is (when managed without skank merchants at every turn) a beautiful thing indeed. However its also extremely expensive.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp

This may be a boring read to some of you, but it really does have relevance in this argument.

The production of music and the way its finds itself onto the dancefloor/ipod/listener does not depend on the handful of cutting houses/rip off merchants..oops, sorry distros../grumpy record shop owners that it did before.

There are so many amazing musicians out there that never had the chance to get their music to a wider audience, from all over the world.

rhythmtech
29-11-2007, 08:39 AM
vinyl costs me between 8 and 12 euro. i dont have 8 or 12 euro to spend on hundreds of vinyl - for me the choice is obvious.

Si the Sigh
29-11-2007, 09:25 AM
vinyl costs me between 8 and 12 euro. i dont have 8 or 12 euro to spend on hundreds of vinyl - for me the choice is obvious.

Sell your ass?

massplanck
29-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Yeah. but its funny how people could afford it before mp3!

rhythmtech
29-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Sell your ass?

it aint worth much :xfrown:

rhythmtech
29-11-2007, 09:30 AM

and when it was 5 euro and b4 i had a kid and a mortgage to pay for :xconfused:

eyeswithoutaface
29-11-2007, 10:24 AM
i have to admit

i've had in total about ten records stolen out of my bag in various clubs, most notably in Lakota bristol. Some scary inbreds in that place, and a few of them are a few techno records better off now too

i'd never seen lad's with earrings in both ears before i dj'd there

scary

RDR
29-11-2007, 11:42 AM

Sorry man, I think thats like saying its funny that people could afford horses before they could afford cars.

massplanck
29-11-2007, 01:52 PM
How many vinyls do you own chris?

RDR
29-11-2007, 02:36 PM
How many vinyls do you own chris?

Over the last 12 years I have either owned or still got 600-700.. its hard to keep track.

I picked up another 50 scratch and hip hop records the other day. For nothing.

massplanck
30-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Moving on. The title of the thread was "Vinyl, Most Desirable Format"

It is the most desirable.

detfella
30-11-2007, 01:49 AM
loving your new car massplanck

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1003/529801383_0cd12860dd.jpg

detfella
30-11-2007, 02:04 AM
back on topic:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1583/mostthings2so5.gif

davethedrummer
30-11-2007, 02:11 AM
You're a big lad though eh? :Yes:

yes quite....

it's clobbering time me old matey !!!

davethedrummer
30-11-2007, 02:35 AM
i have to admit

but i had a whole pack of cds nicked from the dj box the other week

work that one out!

RDR
30-11-2007, 07:55 AM
but i had a whole pack of cds nicked from the dj box the other week

work that one out!

I know a record shop owner that regularly used to theive from their customers.

And besides have you ever tried to rob a 12" From woolies? Near impossible.

RDR
30-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Moving on. The title of the thread was "Vinyl, Most Desirable Format"

It is the most desirable.

You ARE right, I don think anyone would disagree with that.

dirty_bass
30-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I think CD is th emost desirable format.
Sales in CD still outshine all other physical media
And although some of the big music stores have vinyl sections, I`m fairly sure that CD`s take up the majority of the store

massplanck
30-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I have about 5 techno cd's. Your full of shite.

dirty_bass
30-11-2007, 11:00 PM
I have 2 I think.
Oh are we talking techno specifically?
yes techno is probably the most prevailant format.

You bleeding woman blood again?
You need those pads with wings

dirty_bass
30-11-2007, 11:10 PM
just read the first post, and it was definitely reffering to the prefferred format for general music.
probably even stevens between CD and Digital now I would have thought.
It splits with age groups though, I read somewhere that, apart from mums and dads buying CD`s for kids, the main CD buying demographic is 28-40 year olds.

Walking around the main HMV and virgin in london, i`d say this was accurate

massplanck
30-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I did read the first post. This is a techno forum & Aratron plays techno records.
You serously think he was on about pop music or something?

People here have bought shitloads of records in the past, but the only thing thats is holding them back is the cost of vinyl it seems . Its still the most desirable format (not most popular) & thats the reason why people here would love to have their techno tracks released on vinyl over mp3.

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I have 2 I think.
Oh are we talking techno specifically?
yes techno is probably the most prevailant format.

You bleeding woman blood again?
You need those pads with wings

typical clash of oppsite Zoidac signs.

in this case Leo vs Aquarius.

dirty_bass
30-11-2007, 11:43 PM
I totally agree about vinyl prices, and it`s something that puzzles me ever so slightly.

Manufacturing costs have remained reasonably static.
The dealer price that distributers pay and charge has remained fairly similar for some time
but the end point purchase price has soared.

Now I understand rising rent costs, business tax etc costs on physical shops.
But why are the online vendors prices still so high?
I thought the whole point of online purchasing is for lower prices?

Leo and Aquarius? where do you get your info from?

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Leo and Aquarius? where do you get your info from?

well your Aqua. planky is a Leo. 7-7 polarity opposition

The invisible ones know these things.

You both have something which one of you lacks, and this irratates you both on an astral level.

massplanck
30-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Virgo.

dirty_bass
30-11-2007, 11:49 PM
well your Aqua. planky is a Leo.

The invisible ones know these things.

Your going by my public profile, which according to that says I am 71 years old.
You think that`s my real birthday?

As for lacking something? I`m just at work, and bored, lacking a decent shag until the end of the weekend.

Planky is ok, arguiing is fun, it`s like pub games.

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Virgo.

so your a virgo now? you were on the cusp , you never did tell me your time of birth and date, then i can accurately say which one you are.

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Your going by my public profile, which according to that says I am 71 years old.
You think that`s my real birthday?

As for lacking something? I`m just at work, and bored, lacking a decent shag until the end of the weekend.

Planky is ok, arguiing is fun, it`s like pub games.

no dude, i do remember succintly that you are an aquarius.

massplanck
30-11-2007, 11:53 PM
My best mate is an aquarious. I'd better tell him we are meant to be arguing all the time.
As far as personality clashes go. Today was an abberation. Stop making it out as if we are destined to hate each other for all eternity or something.

What star sign are you btw?

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Virgo.

you have the arrogance of a leo and the pedantry of a virgo.
i know which sign id rather be.

Aratron
30-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Mhy best mate is an aquarious.

of course. opposites attract and complement each other.

massplanck
30-11-2007, 11:59 PM
so your a virgo now? you were on the cusp , you never did tell me your time of birth and date, then i can accurately say which one you are.

cant be arsed. it says in all the papers im a virgo. These guys are professionals, i'd rather trust them thanks.

dirty_bass
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Me and planky meet up every fortnight and have dangerous hairy sex amongst the beauty of the lake district.
this is just a lovers tiff, purely caused by an abundance of oestrogen

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:03 AM
cant be arsed. it says in all the papers im a virgo. These guys are professionals, i'd rather trust them thanks.

defensive. you used to say you were a leo. the papers only give the dates for this year. each year the dates change.

massplanck
01-12-2007, 12:04 AM
of course. opposites attract and complement each other.

oh yeah. of course I forgot. But to be honest I really hate people born between sept 23rd & oct 23rd. They are wankers.

massplanck
01-12-2007, 12:04 AM
defensive. you used to say you were a leo. the papers only give the dates for this year. each year the dates change.

Never said I was a leo.

massplanck
01-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Whats star sign are you?

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Never said I was a leo.

you have done.

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Whats star sign are you?

pisces opposite sign to virgo

massplanck
01-12-2007, 12:07 AM
My Surname is Salmon.

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
My Surname is Salmon.

i had a friend called Jonathan Salmon he was in the Salvation Army, and used to pull his foreskin in the showers, any relation?

massplanck
01-12-2007, 12:11 AM
yeah first cousin.

dirty_bass
01-12-2007, 12:12 AM
To think that random, and totally unrelated stars, that just happen to have been grouped into images of 2d mythical creatures (that have no representation of the reality of the fact that in 3 dimensions these stars, and sometimes galaxies, are totally unrelated), have an effect onm the general trend of peoples behavisour according to the month they were born, is so absurd it rocks!!

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:15 AM
To think that random, and totally unrelated stars, that just happen to have been grouped into images of 2d mythical creatures (that have no representation of the reality of the fact that in 3 dimensions these stars, and sometimes galaxies, are totally unrelated), have an effect onm the general trend of peoples behavisour according to the month they were born, is so absurd it rocks!!

hmm i dont suppose you look at much art do you?

or the symbols in your craft completely meaningless to you?

Aratron
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM

a very aquarian response. your thinking is the way of the future. but you still have more to learn.

SlavikSvensk
01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
8-track tape is clearly the most desirable format. it rocks the van!

dan the acid man
01-12-2007, 01:11 AM
what the hell has star signs got to do with vinyl/digital?:lol:

But then i'm a typical Cancerian, i don't believe in star signs

i'll get my coat

dirty_bass
01-12-2007, 01:23 AM
hmm i dont suppose you look at much art do you?

or the symbols in your craft completely meaningless to you?

The more you understand symbols, and their roots, the more you understand their part in control systems, and the less you are controlled by them.
Why pick one system above another?

davethedrummer
01-12-2007, 01:59 AM
oh yeah. of course I forgot. But to be honest I really hate people born between sept 23rd & oct 23rd. They are wankers.

watch it sunshine!

Jay Pace
01-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Its all been downhill since this little puppy got thrown out...
http://www.burrillstrong.com/wordpress/photos/fprecord.jpg

RDR
01-12-2007, 03:53 PM

OI!

its true... but still :lol:

RDR
01-12-2007, 03:54 PM

So thats what you did with my record collection.

:Angry: :hissyfit: :Yes: :lol:

dirty_bass
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM

I had one of them when I was a kid!!!
I never realised I was a turntablist at such an early age

force
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM

OMFG!

I had one of those as well.

God, the memories are flooding back

dan the acid man
01-12-2007, 08:47 PM
i had a train one

RDR
02-12-2007, 07:21 AM
i had a train one

You have to be different dont you..

special some might say.