PDA

View Full Version : Hatton v Mayweather

fatcollective
05-12-2007, 11:52 AM
anyone gonna watch this...should be a great fight!! i hope hatton kicks maywethers ass, i fvckin hate the cvnt!!

Numeric
05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
we're gettin it, few heads are comin round, i'm not bothered who wins to be honest as long as it's a good fight and worth the dollar...

Insomnia
05-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Aye big gathering on sat night for this, cant wait should be an absolute cracker..

Bring it on!

DJ RE:HAB
05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
i reckon hatton will get had like...

just got a feeling he wont win

Numeric
05-12-2007, 12:54 PM
i'm thinkin that too man, not sure why, just got a feelin it could end in tears for him...

Esox Lucius
05-12-2007, 01:08 PM
hatton will knock f.uck out of him the cock'end.

fatcollective
05-12-2007, 01:10 PM
hatton will knock f.uck out of him the cock'end.

yeah i hope so.

hatton is an awsome fighter and the maywether camp think hes **** all, there gonna be stunned.

come on hatton!!

DJ RE:HAB
05-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Pound for Pound mate mayweathers better, his stats suggest that, and hes got a massive reach compared to the hitman.

But depending on whether the ref lets hatton get in close to work on mayweathers body will be crucial, if hatton cant get in close then i reckon he'll have his work cut out for sure.

Pretty Boy wont wanna have the fight in close tho so depends on the ref... all that break shit could ruin the night completely for hatton

Insomnia
05-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure who'll win i'm just hoping it's gonna be a topper of a fight!

It's been a long time coming...

djfase
05-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Yea big group of us watching this. Cannot wait.

Hard to predict a winner

dan the acid man
05-12-2007, 07:02 PM
yeah i'm gonna watch this one, hoping hatton can do it, but it's gonna be a close one.

Does anybody know when it actually starts, i know the programme starts at 11pm gmt, but the fight won't be starting then.

It's just im working friday night/sat morning, then off to the footy, so i might have to set a few alarms so i don't fall asleep before it starts after a few beers:lol:

The Overfiend
05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
There's going to be a warmup fight with Hattons brother i think first
I GOT MY MONEY ON HATTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esox Lucius
05-12-2007, 07:34 PM
There's going to be a warmup fight with Hattons brother i think first
I GOT MY MONEY ON HATTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice one dude, suprised at the support for hatton in the states, just been watching the news with american fans being interviewed, I would have thought most people would be supporting their own fighters.

Ashley
05-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I'll be watching it, we always get a group of us together for the boxing :xsmile:

fatcollective
05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
amir khan is fighting on satruday too...so it looks like its gonna be a whole night of boxing.

SlavikSvensk
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM
nice one dude, suprised at the support for hatton in the states, just been watching the news with american fans being interviewed, I would have thought most people would be supporting their own fighters.

yeah but a lot of people REALLY dislike mayweather.

Frank Dogshit
06-12-2007, 12:48 AM
yeah i'm gonna watch this one, hoping hatton can do it, but it's gonna be a close one.

Does anybody know when it actually starts, i know the programme starts at 11pm gmt, but the fight won't be starting then.

It's just im working friday night/sat morning, then off to the footy, so i might have to set a few alarms so i don't fall asleep before it starts after a few beers:lol:

the fight kicks off at 4am mate

my moneys on hatton, no frills boxer whose got a jaw and a half on him.

anything after 8 rounds and hatton will have him anyway...go on son.

dan the acid man
06-12-2007, 02:57 AM
cheers franky, think i'm gonna have to indulge in some substances, or set some alarms:xcool:

Esox Lucius
06-12-2007, 06:46 AM
yeah but a lot of people REALLY dislike mayweather.

true, still a class fighter mind.

funny when he came on and starting shouting there only one mayweather

hatton comes on and says he is going to knock the clown out haha

go on ricky lad.

Richierush
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
gona be a great fight,anyone see press confrence today its the first time ive seen mayweather talkin like a normal fella most of its for show but he's good cause i hate his guts after all the shite he been chattin

SlavikSvensk
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
true, still a class fighter mind.

funny when he came on and starting shouting there only one mayweather

hatton comes on and says he is going to knock the clown out haha

go on ricky lad.

mayweather is REALLY good. just a lot of people think with all the sh*t talking he deserves a good, old-fashioned bruising.

Insomnia
06-12-2007, 09:59 PM
,anyone see press confrence today its the first time ive seen mayweather talkin like a normal fella

Aye man i saw that..

It was good to see abit pushing and that going on and getting things fired up for the fight...

It should be a belter this like! Bring it on!

digitalboy
06-12-2007, 10:35 PM
This is your field isn't it mate. I thought i heard you saying you do kick boxing

Or maybe you were taking about your mate.:;

Smoke too much me. I would would be out of breath before i got into the ring.:lol:

Insomnia
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I've got mates who are amateur boxers and Kick-boxers..

I'm just into the training to be honest, they wont me to step in the ring but i'm not so sure like...

Seen a few nasty battles of late in glasgow, rough as mate...

Esox Lucius
07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
my mate mike does that gbh, loves it.

http://www.goldenbelt.co.uk/

french_og
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I think Mayweather has been playing the bad guy quite a lot in this lead up to build the fight up.. He seems more down to earth when he is with his family.

Should be a great fight, my heart is saying Hatton but head thinks Mayweather might have a bit too much.

Ashley
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM
cheers franky, think i'm gonna have to indulge in some substances, or set some alarms:xcool:

I may have to do that too, trust it to be on in America :hissyfit:

fatcollective
07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I may have to do that too, trust it to be on in America :hissyfit:

i think i may have to aswel, otherwise i would probably end up getting soo pissed that i wont be able to remember the fight!

MARK ANXIOUS
07-12-2007, 03:17 PM
i am DYING to see this fight. it's going to be amazing.

but whilst you fekers all enjoy a night with your mates in front of sky, spare a thought for the poor foriegner from yorkshire, who's going to be in GERMANY playing at a club with a load of big hairy women dancing to techno.

sure chrissi, is going to record it for me, but from 6am until when I get back to leeds I have to seriously keep my head down, make sure i don't see ANY papers and somehow get back to my lounge WITHOUT hearing or seeing anything. i've done it alot of times before, and i always end up finding out.

and for those of you thinking you're gonna txt me with the result to piss me off - MY PHONE'S SWITCHED OFF!!!!!!!

:hissyfit:

Insomnia
07-12-2007, 04:09 PM
but from 6am until when I get back to leeds I have to seriously keep my head down, make sure i don't see ANY papers and somehow get back to my lounge WITHOUT hearing or seeing anything. i've done it alot of times before, and i always end up finding out.

I'll be amazed if you can pull that of bud! :xcool:

dan the acid man
07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
i am DYING to see this fight. it's going to be amazing.

but whilst you fekers all enjoy a night with your mates in front of sky, spare a thought for the poor foriegner from yorkshire, who's going to be in GERMANY playing at a club with a load of big hairy women dancing to techno.

sure chrissi, is going to record it for me, but from 6am until when I get back to leeds I have to seriously keep my head down, make sure i don't see ANY papers and somehow get back to my lounge WITHOUT hearing or seeing anything. i've done it alot of times before, and i always end up finding out.

and for those of you thinking you're gonna txt me with the result to piss me off - MY PHONE'S SWITCHED OFF!!!!!!!

:hissyfit:

get chrissi to turn the tv on and get it ready to play with you out of the room.

The ammount of times i've managed to avoid seeing the result of something, only then for me to put the tv on to watch the recording, to see the news giving the result:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

DJCraig Ryan
07-12-2007, 05:54 PM
For me its the other way round. Hatton will be too much for Mayweather. Mayweather has never been in the ring with someone as explosive as Ricky, he wont be able to cope no way. Also Hatton has got a big, big heart, he wont give up. But Mayweathers heart is deffo questionable. I also think Mayweather has not got the power to knock Hatton out, so therefore he has only got points. Hatton on points for me

djfase
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Weigh in tonight

Live on sky sports news.

Should be good

Insomnia
07-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Good stuff, will be watching that for sure!

The Overfiend
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Go Hatton!

Aratron
07-12-2007, 11:24 PM
**** hatton . think merryweather will paste the floor with him.

Insomnia
07-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Well the weigh in was good like...

Amazing the amount of Support Hatton has over there..

Funny how sky couldn't dub Hatton swearing at the end...

Lets fcukin have him! :lol:

Ashley
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Im really looking forward to this fight, it better be worth me staying up at that time i tell ya :lol:

Aratron
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Mayweather will stop the pikey cunt between 6th and 8th round.

SlavikSvensk
08-12-2007, 06:58 PM
i heard mayweather talking about himself in the third person on the radio yesterday. what a tool. go hatton!

DJCraig Ryan
08-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Mayweather will stop the pikey cunt between 6th and 8th round.

Haha yea right....

fatcollective
08-12-2007, 08:13 PM
theres only ooooooone ricky hatton!! come on lad...time to do this fvckin muppet!!

Siege
09-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I hope im very wrong but i think mayweather will win on points.

Insomnia
09-12-2007, 09:24 AM
It was a good fight and i have to give credit to Mayweather, he was a better fighter than i thought..

Talk of a re-match in Britain is on the cards already, Hatton will need to do some homework before that though....

fatcollective
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM
damn............im soooo gutted for ricky...im really sad right now!

Esox Lucius
09-12-2007, 09:46 AM
ah well fair play to mayweather, havent watched it yet, fell asleep just after midnight. he wants to knock those dance shows on the head though, looks a tart dancing like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxxC8pFOA2o

french_og
09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Mayweather was just a different class.. he also showed some class and good sportmanship after the fight also.. Think Hatton struggled at that weight and the ref never let the fight flow but Mayweather just picked him off with some brilliant punches.

xes
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I didn't watch it,cos I knew Hatton would loose. But I did have to laugh,cos one of the pubs round here were charging 25 quid entry to sit and wait for it.

Ashley
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I didnt get to see it :xmad: did see the Amir Khan fight but that was dissapointing :xfrown:

Numeric
09-12-2007, 01:43 PM
there's no point in them having a rematch, Hatton didn't show any real sign he would ever be able to match Mayweather last night, it was painfull to watch at the end but Mayweather was just way too good...

gutted...

dan the acid man
09-12-2007, 02:33 PM
yeah mayweather was too good, but the ref really spoilt what could have been alot better fight imo.

Numeric
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
aye the ref was a cock...

snooch
09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
The problem with Hatton was that he couldn't adappt to Mayweather's style. He kept walking into his punches and trying to keep the pressure on. He was getting caught with a straight right, left hook over and over.

Normally, I hate Mayweather. I despise his flamboyant personality simply because it's littered with arrogance. In his previous fights Mayweather only did what it took to win a decision. Hardly the behavior of a champion that's as recognized as he is. Tonight though, he fought from the 6th to the knockout round (9 or 10). He spent the first half of the fight testing Hatton and seeing how he adjusted when he threw punches from different angles. When he realized Hatton was just going to rush in front of him no matter what he threw, he knew he could just strategically tear him down and he did. Once Mayweather started to actually become offensive I knew the fight was over and it was going to end in knockout for Mayweather.

I'm glad I got to see a Mayweather fight where he actually threw puches first instead of just countering. I was really at a point of frustration each time I ordered one of his fights and he would just run around the ring picking shots earning a decision and if it wasn't for Hatton, I would have let this one slip by as well but tonight he fought and fought well. I really wanted Hatton to win though.

french_og
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Mayweather said today that he is taking 24 months out of the sport.

SlavikSvensk
09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
mayweather didn't do any of the dancing around crap this time. was very technical. hatton landed a few good punches but never seemed to be able to get anything going.

don't think a rematch would go differently.

Richierush
09-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Mayweather was the better fighter,doubt there will be a rematch,i feel for ricky cause you could tell he felt he let everyone down which he didnt he gave it his all but got beat by the better boxer,was dissapointed by the refs performance he got taken away by the big match tryed to get too involved.Great match that am glad i stayed up to watch dissapointed in the end result but it was the better boxer won

Si the Sigh
10-12-2007, 08:06 AM
As much as I love Hatton, Mayweather was always going to win this fight. Blokes in a different class.

phantomdj
10-12-2007, 12:58 PM
mayweather is a boxer, hatton is a fighter...

mayweather has some amazing skill and his speed is amazing.

his strategy was first class and he is a true champion who adapted.

he was a really sound bloke after the fight and i think his previous arrogance is just a performed show for the fight.

he does seem like a family guy and a decent man, although i am basing this only on this fight.

the ref was crap not letting hatton get close and always moving in, but to be fair, hatton never really hit mayweather. they are a class apart.

hatton is not right for that weight. he looked ill and his crash diets are folly and it told tonight. where were hatton's defences? he was far too gung ho.

really annoyed with the english fans for booing the american anthem. as much as i think they have a crap anthem (like we have a crap one), i think it was very out of order to boo the american people making us all look like jokers.

why do it? it only makes them hate us and makes us look like twats. we make enough enemies in europe through our ignorance, without needing to add more foes - especially a nation where the civilians normally arselick us.

felt sorry for hatton... but well done to mayweather. he proved he is first class.

french_og
10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Agreed- should never boo a national anthem - out of order...

Esox Lucius
10-12-2007, 05:11 PM
english sport fans for you. no respect.

dan the acid man
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah i hate all the booing of national anthems too, it started at the footy matches a few years ago and it seems to be creeping into other sports now, totally out of order

Francisco Scaramanga
10-12-2007, 07:16 PM
really annoyed with the english fans for booing the american anthem. as much as i think they have a crap anthem (like we have a crap one), i think it was very out of order to boo the american people making us all look like jokers.

why do it? it only makes them hate us and makes us look like twats. we make enough enemies in europe through our ignorance, without needing to add more foes - especially a nation where the civilians normally arselick us.

This is so true. What a stupid thing to do, the USA is probably the only place on the planet where everyone will love you simply because your british, but its also one of the most patriotic countrys around, far more so than anywhere in britain, so that respect definately wont last long if that happens at more events. A huge chunk of Americans who watched that fight will probably remember the booing of the national anthem for a long time, way longer than the fight itself.

Richierush
10-12-2007, 07:51 PM
i did hope they wouldnt boo but it didnt suprise me,i did have a laughin fit when the Commentator said its gone down like a led balloon here in vegas :lol: was dissapointed in the fans tho

Insomnia
10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
It was bad crack and not needed, something we could definitely do without...

278d7e64a374de26f==