PDA

View Full Version : 909?

observer
07-12-2003, 03:43 PM
I´m positive everyone has their set of real 909 samples, but
what´s a good drummachine for software? Like the one in
rebirth but I don´t want to use that one??

Barely Human
07-12-2003, 04:25 PM
FL Studio. :cool:

EmotionComplex
07-12-2003, 04:32 PM
cm 505 drum machine, you can get it for the price of an issue of computer music magazine (just under a fiver ;) )

synthetic drum machine with lots of presets u can alter or create your own, i think it r0x :twisted:

Maxima
07-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Try the Groove Agent that wicked :lol:

dirty_bass
07-12-2003, 06:55 PM
e-phonic Drumatic 2.0
Does good 909, lots of parameters can be edited. Also does good snares claps, electro toms and white noise.

DJZeMig_L
07-12-2003, 07:20 PM
I kinda had a similar question on my mind now 4 a while... we've seen lots of 303 VSTi but where can I find a Natives 909/808/707/727/606/626/505... or even the korg range????

So far I have seen lots of really cool drumsynths but not a real brill. recreation of the classics... :(

I don't have a 909 or anything, I know lot's of ya r going 2 say bahhh been there, donne it, bla bla... but still I would luv something like that!!!

Z

observer
07-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah DJ Ze MigL, exactely what I mean. I used to have a novation
drumstation but not anymore.. Well it kind of sucked in a way but what I miss and want back is to be able to change the decay of snares and shorthats etc like on the actual 909.. Dang :doh:

timo
08-12-2003, 01:59 PM
i'd rather looking forward for a neuron-style synth. Load a snare sample, strech it as you want. That would be pretty useful.

There are quite a few drumsynths for VSTi out there, but I don't like any of them, as they output drum sounds useful for electro, but not for techno (IMHO).

DJZeMig_L
09-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Very true... But I remeber there was a software called drumstation by the same people that did rubberduck which was quite nice...

I C your point but I maintain my complain.. I want my 909 Perfectly emulated.... ;)

Observer I have 2 drumstations (I'm a sucker for drums and they were dirt cheap 2nd hand ;) )... what I do if I use samples is modulate the amplitude envelope's decay (sustain and release = 0) of the sample ... All u need is a rather long closed hat/ Snare/ Kick! that generally does the trick!

Z

dirty_bass
09-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Dr008 is supposed to be a very innnovative drum vst. Comes with over 2gb of samples too. I am getting a copy soon.

DJZeMig_L
09-12-2003, 12:07 AM
I luv my attack and drumatic 22 ... :) battery can warp yer samples quite a bit aswell!

Z

DJZeMig_L
09-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Sounds like a cool new toy...

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1270

The Sonic µTonic
VSTi Synthetic rhythm generator 08-Dec-03

µTonic does the job

The µTonic features a unique drum and percussion synthesizer combined with a pattern based drum-machine engine. You can use the µTonic as a sound module to play drum sounds from your MIDI keyboard or sequencer, or you can use the built-in pattern engine to play drum patterns in sync with your sequencer (provided your sequencer supports synchronization of plug-ins). The sound of the µTonic is 100% synthetic and rendered in real-time. No samples or pre-rendered waveforms are used.

Main Features

Windows VSTi 2.0 plug-in, compatible with practically all known VSTi hosts*.
Eight channel drum and percussion synthesizer. Fully automatable.
Pattern based drum-machine engine, synchronized to the host sequencer.
100% synthetic sound, rendered in real-time. No samples!
Versatile sound architecture allow for a wide variety of tweakable drums and effects.
Powerful sound-shaping possibilities, including equalizing and distortion for each channel.
Uncompromised audio quality. (Over-sampled oscillators, sample accurate triggering etc.)
Extreme parameter ranges with virtually infinite resolutions. Works in any sample-rate.
Straightforward and easy to use interface with context menus, popup hints etc.
Cut, copy, paste, load and save programs, individual drum patches and patterns.
Plenty of creative editing options, including randomizing functions etc.
MIDI out support. Use the pattern engine to control other plug-ins.
CPU efficient. Typically less than 5% CPU utilization for all eight channels on a 2.0GHz P4.
Comes bundled with a hefty chunk of factory sounds and patterns, free to use in productions.
Key points and features set aside; first and foremost, the µTonic sounds fresh and original. There is hardly any sound that this device will not master - from deep booming kicks to crispy hi-hats, from distorted industrial noises to high-end chirps and tweets.

Sonic Charge µTonic was created by Magnus Lidström. Magnus is best known for his work with Propellerhead Software. In particular, he was the brain behind the highly acclaimed Malström synthesizer introduced in Reason 2.0. (Magnus is also responsible for Typhoon, the alternative OS for the Yamaha TX16W.)

The price for the µTonic is $69 (excl. VAT) and sales are handled online through the Sonic Charge website.

Z

timo
09-12-2003, 11:11 AM
that Sonic µTonic looks impressive - anybody listened to that thing already?

DJZeMig_L
09-12-2003, 12:42 PM
It's just out m8...

If I have a go at it I'll let ya know.

Z

timo
09-12-2003, 12:45 PM
would be nice. If that thing only generates electro-like drums, it's no use for me - I need some thing that sounds like the JoMoX X-Base09 or similar.

hazenkamp
27-12-2003, 05:10 PM
airbase?

DJZeMig_L
27-12-2003, 05:26 PM
No knobs though... but I guess If u use a midi controller u can always create a patch for controlling it... Still from my part i'm looking for a Vst i... cubase automation :)

Z

Patrick DSP
27-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Sonic µTonic sounds like a korg electribe R with more features.

personaly i don't like it. i use DR-008 by FX pansion or Battery by NI

-d to the s to the p

DJZeMig_L
27-12-2003, 08:25 PM
:(

Still the new MX Elektribe is not so much of a toy as the others were!! I have had a quick listen (although thru headphones only) and it sounded interesting!

Z

Ritzi Lee
28-12-2003, 12:45 PM
I´m positive everyone has their set of real 909 samples, but
what´s a good drummachine for software? Like the one in
rebirth but I don´t want to use that one??

I see everyone mentioning hardware drummachines.....

But for software: NI Battery. (just import your AKAI samples and freak)

For Hardware: Jomox Airbase!!!

StoQ
31-12-2003, 12:37 PM
i use RM IV (vst). it has built in sampler and drum/perc synth. rather simple software but sometimes its good enough

The Divide
02-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I use Reason's Redrum. Its very simple but I like the way you can browse samples by pressing up and down, speeds things up when selecting drum sounds. Thats realy the main reason I use it. Batterys good but it seems to use a lot of cpu and you just cant switch samples quickly.

miromiric.
02-01-2004, 10:52 PM
but battery sounds better.

Black Jackal
02-01-2004, 11:06 PM
I dunno about that actually to be honest. Ok theres a nice distortion function on battery. If you bring scream into the equation you can beef the sound up even more in Reason. :love:

Black Jackal
02-01-2004, 11:07 PM
But yea in General all the NI software tends to sound good.

DJZeMig_L
03-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Quick sample browsing is a big must 4 me in any software (sample-based that is) be it smpler/ synth or drum machine!!

Z

Black Jackal
03-01-2004, 02:50 PM
any others that have quick and easy wav browsing features?

DJZeMig_L
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Phatmatik pro is somewhere along those lines!

Z

go|plastic
04-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Phatmatik pro is somewhere along those lines!

Z

Yeah, but it's a loop player - not a drum machine...

DJZeMig_L
04-01-2004, 10:24 PM
right but u can always extract different samples and work'em a bit. But my comment was more along the lines of being able 2 flick thru samples in realtime!

Thanks 4 setting the record straight anyway! ;)

Z

go|plastic
05-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah I know what you mean.

Kontak has a pretty neat sample browser too, so why the hell ain't there one in Battery also?!

278d7e64a374de26f==