PDA

View Full Version : GUYVER - IS HE GOD???

Janet Jinx
14-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Sorry but this guy is filling my rekkid box at the moment.....seriously shit hot hard trance choons from him at the moment. I don't know if anyone has heard 'trapped' but I am exceptionally curiously as to what distortion or synth tweaking he has used to create the mad synth effect on this record....similar to the sound on equinox - 'PUMA' and a lot of weirdo stuff.....can anyone help me with this....I can provide an audio sample if necessary.

Cheers Janet :D

Addict
14-01-2003, 04:06 PM
I liked "you'll know it". Got it on promo a while back from some bloke who does't like trance but gets sent tidy two's anyway. Havn't heard any of his other stuff really but i'll have to check out this 'trapped'

Janet Jinx
14-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Aye...DO....it is wikkid.

Also to check out

Guyver - Serious sounds
Stimulant DJs - Mindcontrol (Guyver remix)
Miss Behavin - Such a good feeling (Lee Haslam & Guyver remix)
Rob Tissera - Burnin (Guyver remix)
Guyver - Man on the moon

ALL CORKERS!!!! Real anthemic hands in the air riffs

darkstar
15-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Yea Man those tunes ROCK like hell !!!!!!!! i love bangin them out in my car what a sound !!!!!

TechnoRaver
16-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Hey,

You'll know its about the best tune he's done.

the rest is quite cheesy.

Janet Jinx
16-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey,

You'll know its about the best tune he's done.

the rest is quite cheesy.

Yeah....I like me cheese though....as long as it is interesting cheese....BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattshephard
22-01-2003, 06:29 PM
yeah ive heard a few of his tunes, pretty average to be honest not my cup of tea. Typical eg of hard house producers trying to make a new sound and calling it 'hard trance' which is just hard nrg with a few trance melodies in it, made because uk hard house is dying and theres something else to make some money on.

Same mass produced cr@p - get back to your hoovers guys.

Sorry to offend people who like this stuff but it gives a bad name to the decent hard trance producers out there who actually understand hardtrance.

mattshephard
22-01-2003, 06:30 PM
yeah ive heard a few of his tunes, pretty average to be honest not my cup of tea. Typical eg of hard house producers trying to make a new sound and calling it 'hard trance' which is just hard nrg with a few trance melodies in it, made because uk hard house is dying and theres something else to make some money on.

Sorry to offend people who like this stuff but it gives a bad name to the decent hard trance producers out there who actually understand hardtrance.

Janet Jinx
22-01-2003, 06:58 PM

like who?????

DJCraig Ryan
26-01-2003, 11:48 PM

Yeah Matt, i defintley agree with you on this one!!!! "Trapped" for example is defintley Hard NRG but with a Trancy Synth Lead. If you listen to this tune, you can defintley here the Hard House/Hard NRG Elements. The pace of the track tells you it's Hard NRG and not Hard Trance. I also think the synth used is quite commercial aswell.

Matt, that was a good point about Hard House producers trying to bring out a new sound! Because the typical cheesey, bouncy Basslines and commercial synths are dying out.
Theyarekeeping the overall same feel to tracks ( Fast Beats, Vocals, typical Hard House elements in the background - Horns, whooshes after 8 beats!!!!!! Also cheesey snares)
But trying to make it into 'Hard Trance' as they would say,by just using a trancy synth!
Nah, matt's spot on, artists/labels like this won't convince typical Hard Trance lovers that easily!!!

Kaine
30-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Yeah i'm with matt on this one. His stuff when placed into a set with either german or italian stuff sound just plain and unimagintive. It's great as a step up from hard house but in a european set it just dosn't cut it.

AcidPhase
31-01-2003, 04:26 PM
I agree with matt this is no hardtrance sound its the same crap lee haslam is playing and making and saying that is hardtrance is offending
this is the crap the is giving hardtrance a bad name

AcidPhase
31-01-2003, 04:29 PM
I agree with matt this is no hardtrance sound its the same crap lee haslam is playing and making
also this is the stuff people are saying is hard trance this is offending
this is the crap the is giving hardtrance a bad name id say this is in the category off /nrg/hardhouse with a twist of turd :)

AcidPhase
31-01-2003, 04:32 PM
lol but yeah it is crap

Janet Jinx
31-01-2003, 05:16 PM
lol but yeah it is crap

I think it is a matter of opinion as to wether it is crap or not but I don't think you can say it is unimaginative, it is obviously hard house influenced but I really don't think it is a cash in. Guyver is only 18 and obviously has a love of trance, and has let his influence his production. Now a lot of people are slagging the UK Hard Trance sound as is being pioneered by Lee Haslam, Phil Reynolds etc etc....but I personally love it as it combines everything I like about hard dance music, fast and uplifting....and I disagree when you say that you can't put german stuff alongside it cos I do....tidytwo, tripoli traxx, recover alongside overdose and pulse, etc....you've just got to pick your choons carefully.

meri
03-02-2003, 12:28 PM
I think it's all about the bassline. Until UK producers can create a proper phat b-line to their tracks, they'll sound like hardhouse hybrids. For example, the only GUYVER track that really rocks is "You'll Know It", cause it has a true hardtrance bassline (still has to be pitched down a bit though).

Janet Jinx
03-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Yes I agree with you there...the UK basslines aren't as full on as the european stuff but that is because the whole structure of the drums is different on the UK stuff....generally as with hard house, they are complex sampled loops which tend to fill the mix and leave little space for wack off bass noises...the german drums are more sparse and pounding and the thundering bassline sits nicely in there.....

but I don't think this is a bad thing...it's just a bit of variety....if everything was big blines....wouldn't we all get bored???

meri
03-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeah, but if the UK producers just slowed down their loops a bit, there'd be enough room for fatter bass. SPEED does not mean POWER! :wink: I totally agree with you about variety, but whenever I get bored of phat basslines I play some techno :twisted: ... not weak, imitation hard trance.

Janet Jinx
03-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah, but if the UK producers just slowed down their loops a bit, there'd be enough room for fatter bass. SPEED does not mean POWER! :wink: I totally agree with you about variety, but whenever I get bored of phat basslines I play some techno :twisted: ... not weak, imitation hard trance.

Cheers m8....u r saying I play weak imitation hard trance... :cry:

Well I like it and I don't really give a shit if u don't cos it brings me a lot of pleasure....I don't consider it weak at all....and sorry but the main attraction of UK hard trance for me is the speed....it gets your heart pumpin listening to it...but then for me music is all about energy...that is what I listen to it for mainly, to uplift my spirits during the day or when I am out dancing.

meri
03-02-2003, 03:03 PM
I haven't heard u play so I'm not judging (it's what you do with the records that count). I'm just saying that in general, the UK style of trance is weak in comparison to european.

Hakka.
03-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Pysclone - Good Side... the Guyver mix of this I really really like... but the rest of his stuff has not been as good... it's been ok though. Just my opinion!

Boogerman
06-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Apparently according to posts on the Tidy website by Guvyer himself, all his leads come from soft synths. I think he said the lead on 'Trapped' was from VAZ 2001 with a lot of portamento on it. He also uses PRO 52, and it was one of these that made the lead on 'Differences' as well.

:wink:

278d7e64a374de26f==