PDA

View Full Version : Ben Watt's (house DJ) review of his gig...

DannyBlack
06-12-2007, 04:57 PM
... in waterford city.
His review of a recent waterford gig is quite amusing (also taken from his myspace blog)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/KENNO001/benwatt.gif

waterford crystal

as we pulled up to the venue in a chilly waterford on the southern tip of ireland last night the queue was already down to the corner. girls with bleach blonde hair, lads in t shirts, a cruel rain spitting on their bare legs and arms. it was a buzzin' fly party for justin martin's mix album. justin had flown in from istanbul via dublin and then taken an enforced 4hr bus ride to the coast. i'd endured backed-up air traffic at heathrow, then a 2hr drive from cork. it was a journey alright. we hopped out of the car, grabbed our bags and headed for the entrance. the atmosphere was already garrulous and good-natured: 'feckin' ell, it's them! ... can i shake yer hand ... yooz a fekkin' legend ... a LEGEND ... can i get a picture? ... go ornnn, don't be a prick.' inside the room was startlingly empty until we were told the doors are kept shut until 11pm. then everyone enters at once, already pissed, and are dancing before they've taken their coats off. indeed, by 11.15 justin was on the decks and the place was already rowdy and physical. in the gents i went for a piss. the man next to me turned with a fag in his mouth and his dick in his hand. 'ben watt ... a legend .. a fekkin legend ... can i shake yer hand?' i zipped up. 'umm, not right now,' i said politely. 'o, go on,' he insisted and started stumbling towards me with his dick still hanging out of his trousers. back inside a man had hollowed out the inside of a pc monitor and was walking around with it on his head like a member of the daft punk chat room. on the smoking terrace someone had already been sick in the corner and it was only 11.25. the gig went by in a fast blur. three hours later (the lights came on at 2.30am) the room was empty again and me and justin packed our bags. as the least pissed of anyone left standing and with no taxis to be found it was me who ended up driving the promoter and justin back to the hotel. that was certainly a first. how's yer head this morning, waterford?

what a twat.

conor256
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
ha ha - that review of the gig is funny as ****.... ha ha....

rhythmtech
06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
... in waterford city.
His review of a recent waterford gig is quite amusing (also taken from his myspace blog)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/KENNO001/benwatt.gif

what a twat.

sounds like a typical night in waterford.. sure i slept on a blow up bed :lol:

DannyBlack
06-12-2007, 05:50 PM
sounds like a typical night in waterford.. sure i slept on a blow up bed :lol:

well i did offer you speed! you could have stayed on the sesh for the night- lightweight :xtongue:

mattboyslim
07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
what a shit hair cut

lunatrick
07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
sounds like playing out in Cardiff or Swansea!!

278d7e64a374de26f==