PDA

View Full Version : Making Good Rever Tails

tracatak
08-12-2007, 10:39 PM
ANY1 HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS.. esp with fruity studio 7...any good reverbs to use..? etc..a good way to stretch the kick perhaps ? so it goes right into the next kick..thanks

rounser
09-12-2007, 03:02 AM
I've heard of a logic plugin which lets you draw the envelope of the reverb tail (anything in VST land like this?), but in theory that's nothing a pot for decay won't simulate.

If your ears have fallen off or your monitoring isn't up to it, maybe use a spectrogram to look at the length of your tail in relation to surrounding sounds...see if it's causing mix problems by overlapping other sounds too much, and adjust accordingly.

RDR
09-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Im not sure what you mean but a little bit of maths always works wonders in a situation where you want an exact length for something like decay.

ms per qtr bar= 60000/Tempo

take this figure, subtract the length of your kick drum (use sound forge to measure it) and thats how long your reverb tails want to be.

theledge
09-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I've heard of a logic plugin which lets you draw the envelope of the reverb tail (anything in VST land like this?), but in theory that's nothing a pot for decay won't simulate.

If your ears have fallen off or your monitoring isn't up to it, maybe use a spectrogram to look at the length of your tail in relation to surrounding sounds...see if it's causing mix problems by overlapping other sounds too much, and adjust accordingly.

I use Kontakt for all of my percussion - you can easily apply an adhsr (or one of several other types of envelope) to the return signal of any send effect, 'verb included

Obvious limitation that it is limited to the Kontakt effects - but it's ideal for percussion.

stjohn
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
wizoo reverb u have loads of control of the tail...
u can set it to infinite if u want!!

BloodStar
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM
I am using this tool for calculations bpm > ms, ms > bpm, etc..

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downloads.php/id/1761/software/WizCalc/

tracatak
10-12-2007, 11:36 PM
yes i just got wizzo reverb from a friend but its makin my cpu stutter..i have 2 gigs of ram ..no idea why that is happening..

tracatak
10-12-2007, 11:37 PM
should my kick with its reverb/tail flow nicely into the next kick..

sterling
12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
should my kick with its reverb/tail flow nicely into the next kick..

if you like, it's an artistic decision. i prefer shorter reverb tails for more dynamics. ever make your own kicks drums? then you can set the adsr envelope anyway you desire.

tracatak
14-12-2007, 02:16 AM
well i got wizoo to work now..i love it..but i think if i make a kick and make the wet dry so all u hear is the verbd part of the tail with alittle pre delay..shoud adding a punchy kick and sidechaining them work well u think?

278d7e64a374de26f==