PDA

View Full Version : At the moment, I'm saving up for...

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
...one of these bad boys!

http://futuremusic.com/news/images/korg_km402.jpg

Anyone used one yet, or got one?

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Demo here: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/korg+402/video/x3kn54_korg-km402-kaoss-mixer-demo

rhythmtech
11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
:xtongue: how about sending your cd instead

eyeswithoutaface
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
looks nasty to me, Kaos pad's were always bloody awful things

id just keep saving and get an Allen Heath, no messing about there

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
looks nasty to me, Kaos pad's were always bloody awful things

id just keep saving and get an Allen Heath, no messing about there

See I was saving for an A&H, but I really like the look of this Korg mixer, and for just under £280 quid, I can get 4 channels some good quality FX at what I think is a pretty good price.

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
:xtongue: how about sending your cd instead

Oh yea, sorry man. I keep meaning to post it. Me bad...:xredface:

eyeswithoutaface
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
See I was saving for an A&H, but I really like the look of this Korg mixer, and for just under £280 quid, I can get 4 channels some good quality FX at what I think is a pretty good price.

looks rather cheap and nasty to me personally, certainly wouldnt dream of getting one over an Allen Heath if i was saving up anyway

your not going to get a high end mixer that is durable for £280, and the chaoss pad's are ****ing wack. I wouldnt even consider it for effects, awful, nasty, sharp sounding things.

it's a false economy imo

i'd seriously just persevere until i had enough for an Allen Heath, unbelievable quality mixers, you'l thank yourself for it

RDR
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree with scott on this one.

Korg put a Kaoss pad into a mixer years ago and it flopped then as the build quality was shite.

This doesnt look any better IMO.

Go for the DJM400..

eyeswithoutaface
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM
i remember that awful Korg mixer years ago, my mate had one in an awful kinda blood red colour, it was ****ing shocking, and broke within about 18 months, bloody awful mixer. Some companies should just stick to what they do best, and for Korg thats making synths and other production peripherals

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Hmm...maybe I should just hang fire and keep saving for the A&H of my dreams then.

eyeswithoutaface
11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
i would mate

Kaos pads where shit when they first came out, there still shit now

the day you get a lovely A n H in your hands you'l wonder why you were undecided

Si the Sigh
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
i would mate

Kaos pads where shit when they first came out, there still shit now

the day you get a lovely A n H in your hands you'l wonder why you were undecided

Heh! I know you're right... :)

gazzyb
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
go for the djm700 or 800 si

expensive but worth it! i used to be all for a & h, djm all the way now

TechMouse
11-12-2007, 04:07 PM
You get what you pay for with DJ hardware.

If something costs less, that's probably because it's not built as well.

Just my general experience.

eyeswithoutaface
11-12-2007, 07:03 PM
oh and definately dont choose a pioneer over an Allen Heath mate

the build and quality are just leagues apart, screw the shitty effects on the djm and go for the unbelievable quality of the A n H

RDR
11-12-2007, 07:14 PM
oh and definately dont choose a pioneer over an Allen Heath mate

the build and quality are just leagues apart, screw the shitty effects on the djm and go for the unbelievable quality of the A n H

No man, screw the A+H its a mixer with fader throws longer than a super tanker, designed by people who have concept of what DJs need.

Just thought it throw that in scot.

have you used the DJm400???

Si the Sigh
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
I liked the look of the DJM400, and it looked good from the online demo, but not enough channels for me. TBH, since I first used the A&H Xone 62, I've always wanted one. The sound quality and build is superb and I was really comfortable using it. I think I'm going to keep on saving...

BloodStar
12-12-2007, 08:01 AM
go for Rodec. Best mixer, ever.

Si the Sigh
12-12-2007, 08:38 AM
go for Rodec. Best mixer, ever.

More details, photos, etc please!

tonyc2002
12-12-2007, 09:55 AM
No man, screw the A+H its a mixer with fader throws longer than a super tanker, designed by people who have concept of what DJs need.

Just thought it throw that in scot.

have you used the DJm400???

having recently bought one, i can reccomend this mixer. the sound quality is brilliant and the build quality is good along with the effects. its only two channel but for me thats not a massive problem. only thing i dont like about it is that as far as i can tell its not possible to replace the faders (up or cross) yourself.

BloodStar
12-12-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.rodec.be/site/content/mixers.asp

http://www.rodec.be/site/images/mx180.jpg
http://img.audiofanzine.com/img/produits/thumb2/2/5/25457.jpg

Si the Sigh
12-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Looks pretty old skool mobile disco... :)

A.P.
12-12-2007, 04:27 PM
...one of these bad boys!

http://futuremusic.com/news/images/korg_km402.jpg

Anyone used one yet, or got one?
I'd go for this too mate, looks the part an i've heard real good things about these. £280 is wicked for what you get with this mixer.

RDR
13-12-2007, 06:51 AM
having recently bought one, i can reccomend this mixer. the sound quality is brilliant and the build quality is good along with the effects. its only two channel but for me thats not a massive problem. only thing i dont like about it is that as far as i can tell its not possible to replace the faders (up or cross) yourself.

Yeah can do that with nearly all mixers, just take the face plate off and there's your faders.

Si the Sigh
13-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I'd go for this too mate, looks the part an i've heard real good things about these. £280 is wicked for what you get with this mixer.

See I'm already swinging back round toward this Korg mixer. I've been reading revies of it all over the place and so far not one bad things been said about it. The demo I've seen of that EQ Isolator look top notch as well. 6 different selections on how you want the EQ's to be, along with that Kaoss Pad, and 4 channels at that price is really really tempting me...

eyeswithoutaface
13-12-2007, 11:10 AM
well like already said Si, you get what you pay for, and if you want a professional standard mixer than you know is going to last then avoid this. It's a gimmicky home mixer, you wont find many clubs employing this thing in their set ups. And i maybe wrong but i think your at the stage in what your doing where you probably need a more professional product, the allen heath will last a lifetime practically

6 eq isolators wont mean a thing when you get to play in a club and you cant have the eq setup you want, which to be fair, youve only got the usual mid, bass and treble, there isnt really that many eq setups you can have without it sounding odd. It's for dj mixing, not production

force
13-12-2007, 12:07 PM
These guys seem to like it.

I personally think the multiple' eq types are a nice idea and could be very creative.

http://www.djbooth.net/index/dj-equipment/review/korg-km-402-mixer/#staff

EQ manipulation is a staple of DJ performance. In response to this need, the KM-402 takes advantage of full digital processing to provide six different EQ types to suit any sound; from powerful high-pass filters, to unique "Hyped" and "Isolator" EQ curves. Every channel has a dedicated three-band EQ (Hi/Mid/Low) that responds in different ways according to the EQ curve that is currently selected from a simple six position selector.

These EQ types have been created based on the opinions of numerous famous artists; they include EQ curves that cut only the low frequency region while boosting the midrange, as well as extremely drastic EQ types that use the knobs as isolators for each frequency band. This capability means that the EQ knobs are now a core element of your DJ performance, and take advantage of the integration with the KAOSS effects to create performances that use EQ in a new and unique way.

eyeswithoutaface
13-12-2007, 12:26 PM
well maybe, but note "this capability means the EQ knobs are now a core element of your dj performance"

he wont have these features in a club environment, as i dare say there isnt a single club using this mixer, and if you want to get used to using equipment that the majority of clubs, like it or not, use, then this mixer isnt the way to go

i learnt this the hard way when i started djing in clubs and only had a shitter numark mixer at home, the point being the numark had kill switches for each eq that i was used to using, the mixer in the clubs i was using (which i might add ive never played a club that hasnt used either the Djm600 or an allen heath) didnt, and i had to adapt, and quickly found that i stopped using the kills anyway at home because i couldnt emulate that in a club environment.

Eventually i got a djm600, wished i'd gotten an allen heath, because in my opinion the difference between them is alarming considering the price they both retail at

A.P.
13-12-2007, 03:43 PM
See I'm already swinging back round toward this Korg mixer. I've been reading revies of it all over the place and so far not one bad things been said about it. The demo I've seen of that EQ Isolator look top notch as well. 6 different selections on how you want the EQ's to be, along with that Kaoss Pad, and 4 channels at that price is really really tempting me...

Go for it mate, i defo would.
What you else you gunna get for that price Si

Also it depends on what you want the mixer for, the allen & heath is the best sound quality you will ever come across, but the faders are lazy when your chopping and theres only LFO filters to use in the mix.

The korg one here has multi effects and the faders are spot on when chopping.

Anyway it's your dosh mate, **** listening to us... haha!

Jay Pace
13-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I'd take a pioneer 800 over an A&H

600 was a workhouse, best laid out mixer on the market, great faders, decent FX you could actually use but the sound quality was lacking.
The 800 was a big step up and to many sounds better than A&H

Think A&H are over rated tbh...

Jay Pace
13-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually si - screw all this. If its for you to have fun with, buy the mixer with the most effects and revel in the options.

Mixers with amazing sound quality are lost on home hifi set ups, and if you're not djing regularly and don't need to be familiar with a high end mixer your paying for build and quality you don't need.

Barely Human
13-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I would recomend the Ecler Nuo range, or if you have a spare grand, check out the new Evo 5.

eyeswithoutaface
13-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Go for it mate, i defo would.
What you else you gunna get for that price Si

Also it depends on what you want the mixer for, the allen & heath is the best sound quality you will ever come across, but the faders are lazy when your chopping and theres only LFO filters to use in the mix.

The korg one here has multi effects and the faders are spot on when chopping.

Anyway it's your dosh mate, **** listening to us... haha!

no offence mate but anyone who takes shorter faders over optimum sound quality needs their head testing

and the filters on the AnH are top, top quality, miles better than the cruddy effects on the DJM's, so i'd put my last tenner on the fact the filters alone would piss over this mixers effects. Effects are overated anyway when it comes to dj'ing, much, much better to actually learn how to manipulate your records effectively and have the build and sound quality to show it off on.

your best bet Si would be to actually go into a shop and demo them both

if you dont notice the world of difference between an AnH and a low end mixer like this then il eat my studio

that's the 2nd time this week i've offered to do this, and luckily i wasnt required to be eating Roland sandwiches for tea, and i dont think i would be this time either :)

Barely Human
14-12-2007, 12:46 AM
That new ecler does look very sexy, ****ing pricy tho - http://www.evobyecler.com/

RDR
14-12-2007, 10:12 AM
no offence mate but anyone who takes shorter faders over optimum sound quality needs their head testing

or *shock* uses short faders creatively. Long faders are the devils armpit for gating, gain riding or scratching.

;)

RDR
14-12-2007, 10:15 AM
That ecler certainly does look interesting.

278d7e64a374de26f==