PDA

View Full Version : cubase help needed, should i record the midi to a wav?

Chazbloke
08-12-2003, 03:02 PM
got on with some tunage this weekend and have a couple of Qs..
i is such a beginner, so go easy on me plz..

working with midi and vst instruments within Cubase SX (PC)...
made a intro bit and i'm happy with it all..
how would I then begin to EQ the tracks (cut some bass out of a track?) I’ve looked on the channel inserts/sends for EQ but nothing and the EQ on the instrument is no good.
Should I record that midi to an audio track (wav) and then EQ the wav with soundforge or summin? What happens to the midi track (and all that programming I’ve done?)
Say then I wanted to change a drum/note , would I have re-record the midi track? And apply the same EQ again?
How does the recorded wav work if i wanted to change tempo of the track, should it resize itself?

How can I increase the volume of part of a midi section, yet maintain the original volume in X bars/beats time? (does it work similar to the transpose?)

Mucho gracious,
Chaz.

DJZeMig_L
10-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey,

how would I then begin to EQ the tracks (cut some bass out of a track?)

Just go into the Virtual Instrument audio track and use the eq...
or just use the left and right indicators 2 select yer intro, do solo on the midi track (U should now only hear the virtual instrument).. go file/ export/ audio mixdown... now u have one miditrack and depending on the options U use on the audio mixdown u might have one audio track aswell...

Mute the midi track in order to avoid sound duplication!

Use all eq/ inserts what ever on that audio track...

Should I record that midi to an audio track (wav) and then EQ the wav with soundforge or summin?

Do as above .. going 2 SF is not the best choice 'cause U wouldn't b eq'ing within the track's sound context

What happens to the midi track (and all that programming I’ve done?)

It will still b there...

Say then I wanted to change a drum/note , would I have re-record the midi track?

Yeah U'd have 2 do another audio mixdown... in order 2 record the output of the VST instrument being played by the midi track...

And apply the same EQ again?

If u feel it needs... one of the advantages of having loads of audio tracks available is being able 2 eq/ compress/ etc.. each sound individually!

How does the recorded wav work if i wanted to change tempo of the track, should it resize itself?

U could timestretch so if fits 2 the new time... or u can just do a new Audio mixdown by going back 2 the midi track (which unlike audio always keeps the notes in time with yer tempo) ...

How can I increase the volume of part of a midi section, yet maintain the original volume in X bars/beats time? (does it work similar to the transpose?)

Check on the techno prodution forum any topics related 2 track/mixer/vst/ plug in automation... works basically the same way!

Z

DJ Corbzy
11-12-2003, 12:11 AM
There's only 1 Ze Migl!! :clap:

Chazbloke
11-12-2003, 09:36 AM
There's only 1 Ze Migl!! :clap:
very true!!

Cheers Ze MigL... itching to get home and try it out :)

Chazbloke
11-12-2003, 08:50 PM
tried it out as instructed.... works perfectly :)
thanks again!
Chaz.

Col
15-12-2003, 10:06 PM
whenever you have a problem go to the Z MAN!!! :clap:

DJ Corbzy
16-12-2003, 12:04 AM
whenever you have a problem go to the Z MAN!!! :clap:

He's a ****ing legend mate, if he doesn't have the answer, panic! :lol:

DJZeMig_L
17-12-2003, 10:49 PM
lol... U crazy mfs...

I got loads of unanswered questions!! :rambo:

for instance... where's my "make hit" button in Cubase SX???

:P

:)

I'll try 2 keep an eye on the transe prodution aswell!! sorry If i sometimes forget.. :(

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==