PDA

View Full Version : Fabio Capello New England Gaffer

french_og
13-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Good appointment i reckon - right man to sort out the ego's and take no messing.. he has been a winner where ever he has been.

Insomnia
13-12-2007, 09:37 PM
A fine move indeed, he's proved his abilty over the years....

Numeric
13-12-2007, 10:08 PM
he's got an incredible record, if the rumours are true about him putting an end to all the bullshit that goes with the England squad then i say all the best to the man...

Microdot
13-12-2007, 11:28 PM
either way he's got my support.

I still think Trevor Brooking is the best man for the job though.

BloodStar
14-12-2007, 08:42 AM
good luck.

tbh, I would never want our team being coached by foreigner....

basslinejunkie
14-12-2007, 09:47 AM
best man for the job.the last clueless moron proved it doesnt matter what nationality they are.

Numeric
14-12-2007, 09:59 AM
word is he's gonna stop all the wags from taggin along with the squad and all the rest of the bullshit, good lad...

Esox Lucius
14-12-2007, 10:30 AM
innit so he should, they shouldnt even be allowed on the plane the slags, just use it as an excuse to go shopping.

talking of women and football, i watched MOTD last weekend for the first time in ages and there was a woman commentator :xeek::xeek::xeek: sorry but if that isnt political correctness gone mad i dont know what is. only place in football for women is serving tea and pies at half time and working in the ticket office.

Numeric
14-12-2007, 10:58 AM
:lol: is this female commentator fit then or what? that's all that matters surely :lol:

basslinejunkie
14-12-2007, 11:03 AM
innit so he should, they shouldnt even be allowed on the plane the slags, just use it as an excuse to go shopping.

talking of women and football, i watched MOTD last weekend for the first time in ages and there was a woman commentator :xeek::xeek::xeek: sorry but if that isnt political correctness gone mad i dont know what is. only place in football for women is serving tea and pies at half time and working in the ticket office.

painfull wasnt it!!! just sounded wrong.sounded pre planned aswell,utter dogshite.

Insomnia
14-12-2007, 11:10 AM
I never seen Motd at the wkend, sounds a joke though...

Was she a fitty like?

french_og
14-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Cant be any worse than Garth Crooks or Mark Bright.....

Spacehopper
14-12-2007, 02:01 PM
ive heard her a few times on motd, i have to change channel its that unbearable.....never seen what she looks like but she sounds quite fit

Numeric
14-12-2007, 02:04 PM
this is her...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5462742,00.jpg

not too bad

Numeric
14-12-2007, 02:05 PM
gone a bit off topic anyway, Fabio is a good appointment :)

Esox Lucius
14-12-2007, 02:08 PM
wouldnt matter if she had 6 tits and looked like angelina jolie, she shouldnt be commentating on footy.

Will
14-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Quite right lad, i couldn't agree more! I mean it wasn't so bad when she was interviewing the players afterwards, but he commentary was so shrill it was unbearable, and it just seem utter dogshite like bassline Junky said.

Capello's a great choice i reckon, if he can't get them into shape I doubt anyone can.

Will
14-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I can't believe Southgate apparently had the cheek to criticise the appointment of a foreign manager, I mean with such utter turd english managers as him it's no wonder!

nick_anarchy
14-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I can't believe Southgate apparently had the cheek to criticise the appointment of a foreign manager, I mean with such utter turd english managers as him it's no wonder!

innit paul ince didnt seem very happy too ...

hes got my vote at the end of the day if we win games and keep clean sheets will these ppl still moan ? i had sky sports news on and the emails & texts saying he was the wrong man for the job were a joke !! hes the perfect person , an man who is big on defence and will shake them up and make sure they defend better !! likes his holding midfield players so lampard could be dropped !! ( hope so ) will he play beckham in feb for his 100th cap ? will he be captin also for it ? who knows .....

i wonder what his gk coach will do to robinson if he does anything else dodgy in goal !!

end of the day he needs to start totally again look at everyone as a whole and not do what other managers have done in the past and picked players by names and not performance

i hear sol cambell has retired too ....

don fab has won somethin at each club and in each league hes been in and he wont like it if we wont do well in the next world cup !! but i can see the press putting the pressure on him to win it and the next euros's ( if we get there that is )

dan the acid man
14-12-2007, 06:49 PM
well i'll support him, i wasn't too sure on the guy before, despite his great track record, but hearing some of his comments over the past few days he's saying the right things.

Lets hope he can get the players playing with pride again.

As for the female commentator, i couldn't care less what sex they are, as long as they're good, but she's not got the right voice, and she sounds fake when she's trying to sound excited

Stella Boy
15-12-2007, 02:50 AM
hearing some of his comments over the past few days he's saying the right things.

that's what people do when they're appointed to a new position.

Once in charge, England will romp to an easy Friendly match and the press will go ape over the new guy. Then he'll get hounded by the tabloids & he'll spend 1/2 his tenure countering any dodgy stories which will in the long run effect his job as England coach.

If he suceeds then great for english football, if doesn't then so long, here's your £7 million for being a failure. Whatever comes of his tenure, there's no doubt that the british tabloids will attempt to ruin whatever dignity and self respect the guy has.

It's the press, the spin mongerers that can see good talent, put it on show to the english/british public via newspaers/tv then at the drop of a hat take their opportunity and humiliate the person.

Good luck Fabio, you'll need it !!

french_og
15-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Hopefully he can make us play like Italy does. England do not have many skillful flare players but what we do have is good defenders and hard working midfielders. So we should play to our strengths and if that means by winning 1-0 or 2-0 and not giving anything away then so be it. We have been so guilty in the past of giving the ball away so easily and lumping it up front so quickly - a slower tacktical approach is what is needed at international level.

Microdot
15-12-2007, 02:03 PM
this is her...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,5462742,00.jpg

not too bad

I'd smash her back doors in...

Will
15-12-2007, 03:26 PM
She's got a bit of a moon face though, I bet her make up artists could make most young women look pretty!

Richierush
15-12-2007, 09:43 PM
she did evertons game last week on motd which pissed me off i hope she doesnt do it this feckin week an she sounded like she was tryin to get excited when there was a chance but u could tell it wasnt real excitement an it was so planned it made the ears bleed :lol:

Will
17-12-2007, 07:23 PM
True, the 'excitement' sounded really fake.

278d7e64a374de26f==