PDA

View Full Version : nottingham techo?

glacidtek
14-12-2007, 02:24 PM
just mooved to nottingham from glasgow... wondering if theres much going on techno wise?
it's all a little bit too dubstepy for me!

conflict
14-12-2007, 02:36 PM
notts is decent for techno

you have pure filth once a month go to www.pure-filth.org for info

also you have firefly, www.ilovefirefly.co.uk

and you have noodle, a newish night, pm mattboyslim for info

glacidtek
14-12-2007, 02:49 PM
cheers for the info buddy... missed foreshaw@pure filth last month, but def going to check it next time.

MITA
14-12-2007, 04:26 PM
say hello to Robin Hood mate!
although i can't help you.

welcome onboards~

mattboyslim
14-12-2007, 05:58 PM
yo mate, pm'ed ya, though Conflict seems to have filled you in on what you need to know.

Lot of small, and often free, stuff going on at the mo. The main venue is stealth but sadly their line ups hum of cheese and mainstream.

Good free party activity in the warmer months

like i said anyway mate, pop down to Noodle sometime and we'll talk shop over some beers. They've just had Asahi in on tap, and its crisp as you like!

glacidtek
17-12-2007, 09:37 AM
cheers matt... i'v PM'd you.#

robin m
18-12-2007, 12:16 AM
I miss nottingham techno now I'm in brighton... :xfrown:

Aratron
18-12-2007, 08:27 AM
just mooved to nottingham from glasgow... wondering if theres much going on techno wise?
it's all a little bit too dubstepy for me!

yeah, not my bag, have you heard GayStep ? thats quite big in nottingham aswell.

TechMouse
18-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I miss nottingham techno now I'm in brighton... :xfrown:
I'm sure Nottingham misses you too, Robin.

xes
18-12-2007, 10:35 AM
gay step :lol:

like dubstep,but way better dressed.

mattboyslim
18-12-2007, 11:28 AM
I heard some Dubstepper crying at a venue the other day, cos the Dubstep being played was starting to sound too much like 'dnb'. What a cock. For such a young genre its sad to see its already confined to formula, even by the people dancing and listening to it, and not just the producers

massplanck
18-12-2007, 11:35 AM
For such a young genre its sad to see its already confined to formula...

Though not as sad as say.. the war in the congo for instance?

TechMouse
18-12-2007, 11:46 AM
For such a young genre its sad to see its already confined to formula, even by the people dancing and listening to it, and not just the producers
That's interesting.

One of the things I like about Dubstep is the massive variety.

From the grimey East London MC stuff, the eski beat stuff from Wiley, the two-step stuff from Burial, the dark industrial clankings of Vex'd, the breakstep stuff from Dubchild, the frantic stuff from Chevron, the wonky stuff from Landstrumm, the metal-inspired stuff from DJ Distance etc.

Lots on offer.

mattboyslim
19-12-2007, 11:32 PM
That's interesting.

One of the things I like about Dubstep is the massive variety.

From the grimey East London MC stuff, the eski beat stuff from Wiley, the two-step stuff from Burial, the dark industrial clankings of Vex'd, the breakstep stuff from Dubchild, the frantic stuff from Chevron, the wonky stuff from Landstrumm, the metal-inspired stuff from DJ Distance etc.

Lots on offer.
yeah granted, except if you go to an average Step night in notts, all you here is gloomcore

i' d love to go out and hear all the styles you mentioned and then maybe i'd give the nights more support, but when I hear comments as the one I mentioned, it makes me feel like its a scene I'd rather not be a part of.

Still, I'll continue to buy the stuff I like, and play it out

TechMouse
20-12-2007, 11:52 AM
except if you go to an average Step night in notts, all you here is gloomcore
I can imagine.

I guess I left just before all that blew up.

278d7e64a374de26f==