PDA

View Full Version : Moog modular

audioinjection
08-12-2003, 08:13 PM
My god, I just got this and it's insane!! How do you use this??? lol

DJZeMig_L
09-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Has much as I can :)
try the new CS 80 V but the same companny (not so technoish though).. I'm wainting eagerly they're soon 2 b released ImpOSCAR!!! :P

Z

audioinjection
09-12-2003, 05:56 PM
hmm, I'll check those out, thanks!

Dustin Zahn
10-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Anyone know how to program some old school cari lekebusch type sounds on this thing? It sounds really phat, but the sounds I get out of it are typical cliche moog sounds. I want the really techy stuff that sounds so analog. Instead i get these thicker typical bass sounds.

bornaa
10-12-2003, 08:15 AM
did u go tru all the presets? its a wicked synth, lotsa knobs n a routhing thingie i didnt really go deeper into....fiddeled with it for some time but didnt get any sounds that would really appeal to me so...i...kind of...put it on the side.....for now :rambo:

audioinjection
10-12-2003, 04:42 PM
yeah, I just went thru presets and messes w/ it, but I know if you use a good compressor w/ the Moog, it sounds really nice ;)

jake
15-12-2003, 07:47 AM
get a mini moog :-x

crime
20-12-2003, 09:28 PM
yeah, I just went thru presets and messes w/ it, but I know if you use a good compressor w/ the Moog, it sounds really nice ;)

How can a moog modular have "Presets"?
Its a Modular (Is it?)
It can't be if it has "Presets"

EmotionComplex
20-12-2003, 09:42 PM

How can a moog modular have "Presets"?
Its a Modular (Is it?)
It can't be if it has "Presets"

preset modules?

DJZeMig_L
21-12-2003, 06:43 PM
lol.... well with true harware modulars u'd have 2 take pictures or even fill those awfull patch cards...

But with the virtual world u just record yer patch.. that means all knobs and connections...

Very similar 2 what happens with reaktor... or even yer nord mod 4 sure.

Now having presets should in no way serve has a mind block.. u can still preaty much get down do v-wireing kama-sutra, just like yer post meant what's the point of having a modular if u don't want 2 create yer own sounds!

Z

crime
22-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Bottom line though...
Analogue modulars do not have presets..
What is this guy talking about?

and if you have a moog modular, how do you find time to post something here? You wouldn't see me for years if I'd just got one of these ;)

audioinjection
22-12-2003, 09:44 PM
i know, my fault, there are no presets, but i've been messing w/ buttons and moving wires and shit

i didnt know what i was thinking when i said presets haha :oops:

crime
22-12-2003, 09:56 PM
try this:
http://www.angelfire.com/music2/theanalogcottage/vcsynth.htm

DJZeMig_L
22-12-2003, 11:47 PM
ehhh I know the prob now m8s... miscomunication... Crime u think that we're talking about a real analog mod..HardWare... In fact we're all talkin' about (unless I'm the 1 who got it wrong!?! :doh: ) Moog Modular V(irtual) by a software house called Arturia, who recently recreated Moog Mod (in software) with the help of Moog and some know users... even the random "mistakes" that gave it character were emulated... U must check it out !!! ;)

hense... Presets!!

http://www.arturia.com/en/default.lasso

Also check out theire new CS 80 V (emulation of Yamaha CS 80)!!!

PS : cool link :clap: thanks

Z

crime
23-12-2003, 12:53 AM
aha, I getcha...
does it sound any good then?
I might have to get meself a copy...

DJZeMig_L
23-12-2003, 01:34 AM
sounds veeeery good m8,

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==