PDA

View Full Version : When in the mix....

DJCraig Ryan
17-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Was just wondering if you geeza's touch the platter and jog the record on??

I do...

TechMouse
17-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Was just wondering if you geeza's touch the platter and jog the record on??

I do...
Best avoided if possible, but sometimes it's the most unobtrusive route from A to B.

dan the acid man
17-12-2007, 07:18 PM
i've only ever controlled the speed of the records via the pitch faders, i learnt that way from the start

DJ Asylum
17-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Depends on what i am playing i guess, with slower trance mainly use the pitch fader. But with faster stuff i would normally use the centre of the record.

davemoore
20-12-2007, 08:00 PM
i have a bad habit of knocking the off button on the decks when cuing in my record thank god technics decided to put a metel cover around the on off switch

RDR
21-12-2007, 09:28 AM
if you are going to touch the platter then its best to avoid tunes that have the following at that given moment:

String sounds
Ride Cymbals
Strong Synth Lines
Any sound with an elongated release time.

try l;earning to touch the record between beats in a rhythmic fashion, this will reduce drag time and minimise any audible effects.

The pitch fader technnique is far superior than touchincg the platter and gives results which are hard to hear and have less chance of going wrong. The possibility that you might be bumped or touch the platter too hard cant be overstated, and in a lcub environment its not gonna sound good, although club systems are often much more forgiving than bedroom setups.

basslinejunkie
21-12-2007, 10:47 AM
bit of both really,mainly try and use the pitch tho.

fils_here
25-12-2007, 02:02 PM
yeh mainly use the pitch unless something really goes horribly wrong

Aratron
25-12-2007, 02:55 PM
i tend to use all of the above methods.

i'd like to think im pretty good at controlling the pitch with the spindle.
then i adjust the pitch fader to match.
sometimes use the vinyl. never the platter.

278d7e64a374de26f==