PDA

View Full Version : Tonnes of techno interviews here..

Sunil
09-12-2003, 02:53 AM
http://www.beat2beat.net/interviews.shtml

The Overfiend
09-12-2003, 07:37 AM
:twisted: :clap:

dan the acid man
09-12-2003, 08:34 AM
nice site, cheers for the link sunil :)

Col
09-12-2003, 09:33 PM
yeah cheers sunil, top link, your a star ;)

Sam_Horam
09-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Cheers Sunil that's a great link

Sunil
10-12-2003, 12:55 AM
No probs I'm glad i stumbled across it, lots of cool people on it.

killarava2day
10-12-2003, 08:40 AM
Nice One. How old is Marco Bailey...mid 30s :shock:

ampassasinbirmingham
10-12-2003, 11:52 AM
whens the next issue of anorak:(:(:(:) :evil: :evil: :shock:

jock
10-12-2003, 12:57 PM

i wanna know which 'english' djs he is going on about playing all their own stuff.

If its anyone like Ben Sims or Surgeon he can **** right off, just cus ALL of the british djs are better than the funky shite that comes from across there in europe!!!!

miromiric.
10-12-2003, 05:58 PM
shush or else eastern europeans will come and steal you in the night!

dan the acid man
10-12-2003, 06:06 PM

i wanna know which 'english' djs he is going on about playing all their own stuff.

If its anyone like Ben Sims or Surgeon he can **** right off, just cus ALL of the british djs are better than the funky shite that comes from across there in europe!!!!

i dont see the problem with a dj playing their own tracks either, you should be playing tunes you like and you should be making tunes you like so whats the problem with that.

Sunil
10-12-2003, 07:05 PM
whens the next issue of anorak:(:(:(:) :evil: :evil: :shock:

That's work in progress, before Christmas provided something doesn't go drastically wrong :pray:

Esox Lucius
10-12-2003, 07:36 PM
shush or else eastern europeans will come and steal you in the night!

:lol: lmao

Col
10-12-2003, 08:50 PM

i dont see the problem with a dj playing their own tracks either, you should be playing tunes you like and you should be making tunes you like so whats the problem with that.

yeah i read what he said in amazement, why shouldnt a dj/artist play their own shit? i think he said something like they were selfish!!! what an arse.

i actually like some of baileys stuff, but ive been doubting this cunts attitude for a few months now. i think hes bit of a publicity seeker, i think i might just stop buying his records.

Sunil
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Bailey's a hard one to work out alright, seems to be over anxious to state how 'into the music' he is and likes to name drop Autechre and Boards of Canada every 5 minutes for a bit of cred. In ten years time I don't think he'll be remembered for any great service he has given to techno despite the huge amount of 'big' releases and remixes he's had out.

icb
10-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Ben Sims was on my mind either when I read that, Just feeling as you do, although I like Bailey`s techno very much, his production and DJing alike :neutral:

observer
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Bailey's a hard one to work out alright, seems to be over anxious to state how 'into the music' he is and likes to name drop Autechre and Boards of Canada every 5 minutes for a bit of cred.

That´s ****ing funny. What cred?

Sunil
11-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Bailey's a hard one to work out alright, seems to be over anxious to state how 'into the music' he is and likes to name drop Autechre and Boards of Canada every 5 minutes for a bit of cred.

That´s **** funny. What cred?

I take back what I said above, I don't know Bailey personally and I don't like sounding like a cynic, he probably does love music as well as Autechre and Boards of Canada!

observer
12-12-2003, 12:46 AM

I take back what I said above, I don't know Bailey personally and I don't like sounding like a cynic, he probably does love music as well as Autechre and Boards of Canada!

no you misunderstood if there was a pisstake it wasn´t on you

Sunil
12-12-2003, 11:25 AM

no you misunderstood if there was a pisstake it wasn´t on you

Oh I know that, don't worry, it wasn't related to what you said that made me reply, but looking back on what i said i just thought i could have been unfair on the guy

jonnyspeed
12-12-2003, 02:21 PM
British DJs are not better than European. Get out a bit more if you think that. Get your arse over to Holland, Germany, France central/eastern europe - go to some parties then i'll still fackin' fight you it.

grrrr :twisted: twisted indeed.

jock
12-12-2003, 11:51 PM
er i believe they are!!!

Ben Sims
Surgeon
Dave Clarke

3 of the best techno djs EVER ;) Maybe not the biggest names, but much better than the likes of Beyer/Bailey/Liebing/Vath etc

In fact, I think they should have a battle one day, British and US vs Europe lol

The Overfiend
12-12-2003, 11:58 PM
In fact, I think they should have a battle one day, British and US vs Europe lol

and that's the problem
shouldnt matter where they are from, cause im sure theres some unknown jerkoff in pakistan with a pair of decks that can wipe the floor clean with all the aforementioned names.

Sunil
13-12-2003, 12:01 AM
British DJs are not better than European. Get out a bit more if you think that. Get your arse over to Holland, Germany, France central/eastern europe - go to some parties then i'll still fackin' fight you it.

Don't see the point of this at all, like in the other post saying that Geezer is better than Skoog.. it's not a competition, everyone should be judged as individuals and what they can do, not all the time who is better and all that crap.. it's really not what it should be about.

dan the acid man
13-12-2003, 12:20 AM
well said sunil and summer of sam

VOMATRON
20-12-2003, 04:06 PM
couldnt it be people as chris liberator, mcaffer & the rest of the family hes meaning when he says british dj's? cause dave clarke,surgeon...i mean, heard them playing the widest variety of things from anywhere...whereas many of the acidtech dj's play a lot of each others stuff within the circle mostly. still...i like it a lot, much of it, but its true isnt it?

VOMATRON
20-12-2003, 04:07 PM
and,..uhm..since when has british dj's stopped being european?

spiralx
20-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah I reckon he must be talking about the acid techno crew... it's what I think of when someone says UK techno. But the days of it being a totally separate scene from the European techno scene are years gone; most of the time DJs will be playing stuff from both the UK labels and European ones. And while the UK labels do have a distinctive sound to them, it's not that dissimilar to the European sound nowadays either.

And anyway if you've got a scene where DJs know each other and help and collaborate of course they're going to play each other's stuff. I don't see why that's odd.

icb
21-12-2003, 10:31 AM

and that's the problem
shouldnt matter where they are from, cause im sure theres some unknown jerkoff in pakistan with a pair of decks that can wipe the floor clean with all the aforementioned names.
Exactly :clap:

crime
21-12-2003, 02:51 PM

I don't think being a good DJ has anything to do with where you're from, and you're forgetting about the amount of UK DJs who play on the continent reguarly, and not necessarily the really big names.
re: the interviews
With the demise of Overload, good to see someone getting on the case covering the gaps that the main magazines miss..

278d7e64a374de26f==