PDA

View Full Version : Opuswerk_Rabbit

opuswerk
21-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Hello,
We are new to this forum, but not new to production. Hearing the talents you have here, we would like to have theirs opinion on our last track : Rabbit.

You can listen to it as well as some of our other bits here :

http://www.virb.com/opuswerk
http://www.myspace.com/opuswerk
http://www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk

Comments are more than welcome and will of course be returned back.

Cheers,

Opuswerk

Little_Fella!
11-01-2008, 05:12 AM
Ok... don't take offence guys as mine is just my opinion... and it seems your aiming at a minimalistic approach that has a certain style

Can't comment properly on production as on rubbish speakers at work, apart from it sounds a bit cloudy on certain sounds... can I ask what you create your music with??

For me there just isn't enough percussion to pick up the groove and keep momentum - - you can't just use the kick to do this these days... as ambience goes I think your sounds need expanding and need to be given more movement to pull this off...

It also seems like you need to expand your sound palette as your tracks are a touch too long, clocking in at 9 mins, perhaps scale the journey to a more 6 min framework and vary your sounds alot more to entice the listener rather than allowing the abstract structure to sweep the track away from you...

I understand your approach to your sound so don't get me wrong, as I said mine is just a personal viewpoint on the feel of this music...

Listen to the guys in this section to get a feel of what other's are doing as there are some very good producers on here and they are only here to help...:cheese:

Hope you don't mind the advice...:)

opuswerk
17-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the reply.

We see what you mean with the percussion thing, and the track has already been rewritten, but we did not post it up yet. I guess we are closer to things that come out on Border Community, than the really hard hitting techno you do.

Your comment about the length of our tracks is totally justified though. We seem to get them a tiny bit too long. We have to stick to a shorter timeline i guess.
I didn't understand what you meant by expanding our "sound palette".

I haven't really been able to hear a lot of what other peoples do on this forum yet, but will do so asap. But it indeed seems there's a lot of good knowledge in this place.

Thanks for the constructive comment.

p_brane
17-01-2008, 11:27 AM
first off, i really like the melodies in this tune a lot. ( reminds me of the philip glass tune at the beginning of that koyanisquatsi film or the soundtrack to dizzy on the amiga)

personally i'd have gone for a broken beat to this sort of thing, maybe at half time.....but thats just personal preference. :)

i agree with little fella in that its too long mate, needs condensing maybe.

and some more percussive groove i reckon.

saying all that though, i did really enjoy listening to this.

be sure to post the rework up

Little_Fella!
17-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Hello again...

Yeah, by expanding your 'sound palette' I mean that it seems that you are going the same scource for your sounds and scapes, apologies if I'm wrong, so try going to a sound bank that you wouldn't normally go for and have a good look around for samples that are unusual or not in the same context to those you are portraying at the moment...:xsmile:

278d7e64a374de26f==