PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Dogwash

Aratron
28-12-2007, 12:47 AM
just in process of posting a live recording of them from sept 07.

just listened to the unfinished versions of two new tracks, blown my ****ing mind honestly, total quality. film sample is savage.

Aratron
28-12-2007, 02:36 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?eeznzvidzy5

acidguru
28-12-2007, 06:35 AM
Nice one,on the d/l now..

xes
28-12-2007, 11:39 AM
nice one,mobiledogwash are f*cking wicked.

DVNT
28-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Currently they mean nothing to me. But shall download and learn.

Thanks for sharing.

fils_here
28-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Currently they mean nothing to me. But shall download and learn.

Thanks for sharing.

get learning :lol: :lol:

A.P.
28-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Haven't heard anything from these guys for ages so i'm really looking forward to this.

Nice one.

nihilist
28-12-2007, 04:53 PM
i've just brought the suf release which is very good, also saw them live at underground city and was f'ing mental

paulcortex
28-12-2007, 05:39 PM
i played the munt birthday party alongside them and DDR, got to say they
were wicked, their set was amazing...sound geezers too, had a good laugh getting munted with them :)
...hopefully there may be a Mobiledogwash/Paul Cortex collab in the not to
distant future ;)

MARK NEENAN
28-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Sweet, on the download now!

dan the acid man
28-12-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah top fellas and top music, good peak time dancefloor squat party music

Aratron
28-12-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah top fellas and top music, good peak time dancefloor squat party music

as we know leans a little too NRG aswell, which isnt completely my bag. but a lot of people like that.

christian wagner
28-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I like this mix, but sounds maybe a bit to hard-dancey to me????

Aratron
28-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I like this mix, but sounds maybe a bit to hard-dancey to me????

oh yeah for sure. it is at planet zogg which is a hard dance venue.

their next release is gonna be a stomping acid techno release both sides with their trademark energy.

BrasTech
28-12-2007, 08:18 PM
download now!!!!
tks

29-12-2007, 10:50 AM
their next release is gonna be a stomping acid techno release both sides with their trademark energy.

What label mate?

Aratron
29-12-2007, 12:27 PM
What label mate?

god knows mate. im very periphery.

they will sent eh tracks to Aaron and if i had to guess it will go out on SUF if there's any logic.

watch out for new sufs next year.

dirty_bass
30-12-2007, 03:53 PM
i played the munt birthday party alongside them and DDR, got to say they
were wicked, their set was amazing...sound geezers too, had a good laugh getting munted with them :)
...hopefully there may be a Mobiledogwash/Paul Cortex collab in the not to
distant future ;)

They don`t actually play live now though do they? It`s all a bit Lab 4
You and me both know.
IF they played live, I`d have a lot more respect for em, even though I like the music.

Aratron
30-12-2007, 04:50 PM
They don`t actually play live now though do they? It`s all a bit Lab 4
You and me both know.
IF they played live, I`d have a lot more respect for em, even though I like the music.

well i ve seen them witht heir keyboard thingies and their pc's and programs.
what constitutes a live performance anyway? Jean Michelle-Jarre?

dan the acid man
30-12-2007, 07:44 PM
not sure what they do nowadays, but they used to just run a pair of stereo outs they could mess around with just some effects, but they where always open about the fact, but yeah, it's not a live pa by any means.

But like i say, i've no idea what they're upto these days

dirty_bass
30-12-2007, 08:48 PM
w
what constitutes a live performance anyway?

Playing live

Aratron
30-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Playing live

i think they do play live dude. or live as anyone plays these days.

dan the acid man
30-12-2007, 11:09 PM
i think they do play live dude. or live as anyone plays these days.

playing live should mean having your tracks unmixed with lots of the elements on their own channels, so you can bring them in and out live

Aratron
31-12-2007, 08:44 AM
playing live should mean having your tracks unmixed with lots of the elements on their own channels, so you can bring them in and out live

they play live then, they know what they're doing

dirty_bass
31-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Last I heard they were just DJ mixing in ableton, track to track
Nowt wrong with the music, but there are too many people playing this way and claiming to be live pa`s.

It`s very lazy.

Live should mean live really.

Still, they got some new releases on the way, which is great!!

Aratron
31-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Nowt wrong with the music, but there are too many people playing this way and claiming to be live pa`s.

aye probably so

Aratron
31-12-2007, 06:07 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1134856/DSCF0055.JPG

Mobile Dogwash Live !!!!

from the left. random, Big Ron Atomizer, and Metatronic.

Metadog
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM

It`s very lazy.

Live should mean live really.

Still, they got some new releases on the way, which is great!!

yeah that's how we play out these days, tend to use ableton to play tracks we've already done int' studio, mixing them and putting effects on live - **** it - i think that there are quite a few acts that do this now - wot really matters is the sound that comes outta the speaker in the end - i'd like to get more into the live remixing side of ableton, it'd be more fun playing out, but i've not bothered my lazy arse / i've been too busy to find time (please delete the option you find the least likely, heh heh)

maybe we'll sort it out this year - i think ron has just about finished renovating his girlfriend's new house, so maybe he'll be allowed out to play again lol

cheers lads, glad you like the set

Metadog
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1134856/DSCF0055.JPG

Mobile Dogwash Live !!!!

from the left. random, Big Ron Atomizer, and Metatronic.

where did this pic come from?

"random" is martin who used to (may still do cos i ain't seen the fella in a while) do some good decor for various nights

dirty_bass
03-01-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah that's how we play out these days, tend to use ableton to play tracks we've already done int' studio, mixing them and putting effects on live - **** it - i think that there are quite a few acts that do this now - wot really matters is the sound that comes outta the speaker in the end - i'd like to get more into the live remixing side of ableton, it'd be more fun playing out, but i've not bothered my lazy arse / i've been too busy to find time (please delete the option you find the least likely, heh heh)

maybe we'll sort it out this year - i think ron has just about finished renovating his girlfriend's new house, so maybe he'll be allowed out to play again lol

cheers lads, glad you like the set

a lot of "live"acts do do this.
Bit it isn`t live.
It`s DJing.

Don`t get me wrong, your stuff is very wild and raw, which is great in a live pa.
I think you guys should really spend the time splitting up your stuff for ableton so you can really work it live.
It`s dead easy really.
Plus you can also use some audiorealism 303 madness vst live as well.

It`s a bit much to get your head round setting up a proper live pa in ableton initially, but once you get your method you really can control the audience more.
It`s much more satisfying.
I`d pay to see that.!

Aratron
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
where did this pic come from?

"random" is martin who used to (may still do cos i ain't seen the fella in a while) do some good decor for various nights

i've got loads of photos dude. i pic them from the net that i've trawled over the years.

Metadog
04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
a lot of "live"acts do do this.
Bit it isn`t live.
It`s DJing.

Don`t get me wrong, your stuff is very wild and raw, which is great in a live pa.
I think you guys should really spend the time splitting up your stuff for ableton so you can really work it live.
It`s dead easy really.
Plus you can also use some audiorealism 303 madness vst live as well.

It`s a bit much to get your head round setting up a proper live pa in ableton initially, but once you get your method you really can control the audience more.
It`s much more satisfying.
I`d pay to see that.!

lol i'd pay to see that too

maybe this year - it'd definately make playing live more fun - been thinking about hooking up two laptops both running ableton - it's just finding time really, we've both been quite busy and ain't done all that much music recently

fatcollective
04-01-2008, 04:45 PM
i've been playing with ableton recently, doing dj/live sets with all my own music and i tried splitting tracks up but the set then turns really minimal, like kick then hi hat etc.....its very boring to be honest...but then just mixing track into track is too easy.....im really looking in to making my set more live and i think the only way to do this is adding some outboard stuff to the set up then i can still run most of the tracks as a whole but leave fx and most of the synths for realtime... hmmmm anyone else got any ideas??

Metadog
09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
thing that gets me is not laying down the parts but getting the fills in there all tied up nicely in the arrangement

ok so henry manages it but he's a genius and i'm unfortunately not quite there brainiac wise

fatcoll i hear wot ur saying, we need some halfway house - i don't even use hardware synths much at all so there's not much hope for that lol and plus my macbook running logic starts glitching once i get more than 20 parts going so i need to freeze tracks (admittedly the tracks do tend to have a lot of processors running on em)

hmmmm

dirty_bass
09-01-2008, 12:34 AM
lol i'd pay to see that too

maybe this year - it'd definately make playing live more fun - been thinking about hooking up two laptops both running ableton - it's just finding time really, we've both been quite busy and ain't done all that much music recently

Get on it man, a weekend here and there together and you`ll have it down in no time.
Ableton is easy to use, very easy to sync up too.
It`s all just a matter of how you split your stuff down, how you arrange it, and wether or not you also want to use live vsti synths
I plit my tracks right down, but still manage to mix them in the same way as I would DJ, only I have total control over all the parts.
It`s just a matter of practice as it is a lot more work for the brain when you are in the club.
Just set the parts of each tune to the crossfader, so you can mix in and out the individual parts, but also crossfade between all the parts from one tune, over to the next, it`s really creative.

APC
09-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I ****ing hope all the tunes on this mix will get pressed soon :D

Metadog
12-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Get on it man, a weekend here and there together and you`ll have it down in no time.
Ableton is easy to use, very easy to sync up too.
It`s all just a matter of how you split your stuff down, how you arrange it, and wether or not you also want to use live vsti synths
I plit my tracks right down, but still manage to mix them in the same way as I would DJ, only I have total control over all the parts.
It`s just a matter of practice as it is a lot more work for the brain when you are in the club.
Just set the parts of each tune to the crossfader, so you can mix in and out the individual parts, but also crossfade between all the parts from one tune, over to the next, it`s really creative.

can't deny it, you're right fella

there's two of us so i'd like to hook two laptops up, shud be interesting

means we'd have to properly rehearse tho, like a proper live act lol,

Aratron
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM

dude. just been listening to that live mix properly in car this week.
pretty damned good dude. really loses it in the mix, properly messy, brilliant.

Aratron
12-01-2008, 05:51 PM

i'd buy that for a dollar !!

dirty_bass
13-01-2008, 12:37 PM

I guarentee you, the energy you guys have, the energy your music has, and the dynamics between 2 people truly working a live pa, you will seriously blow it up in the clubs (not that you don`t anyway, but the added dynamic of full control, being able to milk the drops etc), it`s totally worth the effort.

ollie303
13-01-2008, 03:08 PM

be well worth doing, i played at a gig last year with dolphin and teknoist and saw them playing live together with synched laptops and it was crazy. not really into there music but watching them smash it up was pure quality.

278d7e64a374de26f==