PDA

View Full Version : smitten is dead

warehouse_classic
28-12-2007, 02:01 AM
anybody know when the next release is cummin out? or what it is? i heard 1 of them was going to be the gift, but not heard anything since.

Aratron
28-12-2007, 04:22 AM
smitten is dead is dead?

warehouse_classic
28-12-2007, 08:55 PM
smitten is dead is dead?
still 2 more releases to come out on it yet

conor256
28-12-2007, 09:39 PM
well the gift remix was supposed to be released in may but maybe it has been shelved......

also ap posed a remix of 'find me a priest'.... whether it is getting released or not i dont know......... maybe he can share some light on it....

Aratron
28-12-2007, 09:48 PM
still 2 more releases to come out on it yet

should never have been started in the first place.

warehouse_classic
28-12-2007, 10:17 PM
should never have been started in the first place.

why

Aratron
28-12-2007, 11:28 PM
why

the tunes that were classic - didnt need improving on imo

like The Gift

Aratron
28-12-2007, 11:56 PM
i think its a bit crap when you have to remix older tunes rahter than releasing new ones. Like when a band releases their greatest hits album you know its over for them musically.

YOGY
29-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I Agree ,with You Aratron
Some Things Just Should Be Left Alone.....

Si the Sigh
29-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Smitten Is Dead is an awful label. And for once I agree with the reasons Aratron gave!

warehouse_classic
29-12-2007, 12:10 PM
i disagree. obv the gift is the tits, but i wouldnt mind hearing another version if oen came out.

Aratron
29-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Smitten Is Dead is an awful label. And for once I agree with the reasons Aratron gave!

you always agree secretly with me.

conor256
29-12-2007, 01:02 PM
well i disagree ..........

smitten is dead is a nice label concept.......

i also bought some nice remixes..... 'blackfrog creek' and 'shut up' , 'destruction' for example.....

as for stating that it would only be 10 releases though was not a good idea ....... i reckon it should be left open as a 'see how things are' situation.......

for example nobody knows what the trends and tastes and artists are going to be like in 5 years time and why should the option not be there for these guys in the future to do a remix of a smitten tune.......

as for:

i think its a bit crap when you have to remix older tunes rahter than releasing new ones. Like when a band releases their greatest hits album you know its over for them musically.

again i disagree......... if you look at the artists who are releasing on smtrip they are all still putting out plenty of tunes on their own imprints.....

when ap posted a sample of his smtrip then you said "well great stuff - looking forward to this little baby"....... does this not contradict what you have said in this post.........

in all fairness i myself have been dissappointed with some of the remixes which came out on the smtrip label but i have enjoyed some of them and still there are two releases to go so it could finish off well.......

Aratron
29-12-2007, 01:16 PM
well i disagree ..........

smitten is dead is a nice label concept.......

i also bought some nice remixes..... 'blackfrog creek' and 'shut up' , 'destruction' for example.....

as for stating that it would only be 10 releases though was not a good idea ....... i reckon it should be left open as a 'see how things are' situation.......

for example nobody knows what the trends and tastes and artists are going to be like in 5 years time and why should the option not be there for these guys in the future to do a remix of a smitten tune.......

as for:

again i disagree......... if you look at the artists who are releasing on smtrip they are all still putting out plenty of tunes on their own imprints.....

when ap posted a sample of his smtrip then you said "well great stuff - looking forward to this little baby"....... does this not contradict what you have said in this post.........

in all fairness i myself have been dissappointed with some of the remixes which came out on the smtrip label but i have enjoyed some of them and still there are two releases to go so it could finish off well.......

by and large i think the label is a bit lame.

im up for AP releases sure. im not so sure the original of destruction or blackfrog creek was improved. seemed like a cynical money spinner by Chris Lib to me.

warehouse_classic
06-01-2008, 11:16 PM
by and large i think the label is a bit lame.

im up for AP releases sure. im not so sure the original of destruction or blackfrog creek was improved. seemed like a cynical money spinner by Chris Lib to me.

ra ra ra 'improved' what a load of rubbish its not like the original has been taken away is it? if u dnt liek it dnt buy it.

278d7e64a374de26f==