PDA

View Full Version : Dj Rush

Spooney
10-12-2003, 01:31 AM
I only own 1 of his releases, but since Ive started to get well into my techno I haven't come across anybody that even comes close to this guy's style of techno. He stands out like a sore thumb and imo makes some pretty :twisted: techno. Kramer hammered out a few of his tunes at North, blew my head clean off :rambo:

jock
10-12-2003, 08:50 AM
I tend to find that his production work is nothing like his djing of recent!!

Look at class tracks like Look and See and Freaks on Hubbard, they have more of a housey feel to it.

Class all round though, one of the best djs i have seen, ****ing unique!!!

ampassasinbirmingham
10-12-2003, 11:50 AM
i like hbis tunes but his djin is a bit hard for my tastes tho.

when you listen to rush look and see/clap your hands/freaks on a h../clr retry/spitball etc

it reminds you of simple, techno. techno that will put a smile on the toughest of purists face.

i dont dig his style constantly, but i think playing the ocasional rush track is a must.

Esox Lucius
10-12-2003, 01:05 PM
I love The Major! he's an excellent producer & not a bad dj either...his mix of alter ego - betty ford clinic is one of my fav tracks.

DJ'ing he might not be the most technical dj, but his sets are fierce and have pure energy.

TripleX
10-12-2003, 01:43 PM
he is amazing!

Spooney
10-12-2003, 02:02 PM
I have the rmxs of Betty Ford on Clang YEEEAAAHHH :rambo:

Tony
10-12-2003, 02:16 PM
green velvet dips his toes into the same waters as rush, but with a bit more musicality to the rest of his trax, wheras rush goes straight for the jackin'!!!!
i wouldnt play his tunes very often and i'm not into his mixing that much, but he's definitely a stand out guy!!

slacker
10-12-2003, 06:05 PM
i dont dig his style constantly, but i think playing the ocasional rush track is a must.

yes completely. his style is a little narrow, but the occasional tune is wicked.
having said this I do have a tune on highball which is rather different.

btw where is he from? america? sounds a little detroity ghetto tekky...

aaaw, that chris liebing mix of that "funk you right on up" tune is absolute pure class...

The Overfiend
10-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Stand out guy is an understatemnt Tony

Tony
10-12-2003, 07:01 PM
no, 'completely run of the mill dross fodder', now THATS an understatement!! :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
10-12-2003, 07:19 PM

yes completely. his style is a little narrow, but the occasional tune is wicked.
having said this I do have a tune on highball which is rather different.

btw where is he from? america? sounds a little detroity ghetto tekky...

aaaw, that chris liebing mix of that "funk you right on up" tune is absolute pure class...

Chicago I think.

basslinejunkie
10-12-2003, 07:38 PM
dont suppose u know the name of any the tunes kremer played do u spooney? particulary the 1 with the vocals 'just close your eyes,4get everything,4get the world ect'? and also the 1 b4 rush,biggest 10 inch ive seen in my life.(think its a rush tune anywayz!) i wasnt at north 2 c kremer unfortunately but ive got the tape,and it blew my head off 2!!! :rambo:

Esox Lucius
10-12-2003, 07:48 PM
gecko - just close your eyes

basslinejunkie
10-12-2003, 07:53 PM
top man!!! :lol: thanks!!! :clap: what label is it on,federation of drums?

The Overfiend
11-12-2003, 12:39 AM
I thought the close your eyes trax was on hydraulix?

Spooney
11-12-2003, 12:46 AM
He played two of Rush's tunes Alter Ego - Betty Ford The Rmxs- Clang and Pounding Grooves rmx 11 I think, Renato Cohen - Pontape and a tune on Skulls that all I can remember.....Is the tape pack out now?

basslinejunkie
11-12-2003, 01:19 PM
i dunno what label its actually on,i was just takin a guess coz gecko has done forget the world series on federation of drums,plus this track has them vocals in it(forget the world)

basslinejunkie
11-12-2003, 01:23 PM
yeah it is spooney,its on the website (www.north-online.co.uk) its an excellent pack,sum crackin tapes in it.a kremers stands out above the rest slightly though in my opinion.

Pasquale
13-12-2003, 03:24 PM
mh, to make every track with a vocal and a shufflebeat is not very spectacular (maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but not today anymore). u know one, u know all.

yes he can mix, and why he don't do it?

StoQ
14-12-2003, 11:09 AM
I thought the close your eyes trax was on hydraulix?

close your eyes...hehehe u mean hydro002? :cool: :love:

basslinejunkie
14-12-2003, 01:46 PM
its hydraulix 2 stoQ?

dcdn
14-12-2003, 02:05 PM
i think Rush's best release is on high octane called 'lookin like a woman, feelin like a man' especially the track hammer me hard does it for me. Very nice constructed indeed :cool:

Sunil
14-12-2003, 11:20 PM
i think Rush's best release is on high octane called 'lookin like a woman, feelin like a man' especially the track hammer me hard does it for me. Very nice constructed indeed :cool:

I like the one he did on 4x4 earlier this year with Paul Langley on the other side.. best Djax release by him for me was "Maniac", half of his Djax releases shouldn't have gotten by quality control though..

Buttman
15-12-2003, 02:44 AM
mh, to make every track with a vocal and a shufflebeat is not very spectacular

I could not agree more. Overly shuffled beats are really disgusting. :sick:

If I would like the beats to be untight I would listen to salsa.

Each to his own.....

VOMATRON
15-12-2003, 02:51 AM
dont really see the great thing in his stuff either...does fit in between stuff in sets sometimes, but more than a few minutes of it stresses me out

lascoum
15-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Mr. Major is the best by far, the only one who has so much energy in his sets, and shows so much love & respect for his crowd. :love:
I spend all my money to travel all over the world just to see him live. When he takes the mic the crowds go nuts :)
I enjoy it most when he mixes with Mr. Liebing, Mr. Remus or Pet Duo :love:
I like that his productions are not as hard as his mixing, but they r wicked just as much :twisted:

@slacker: it's the "Get On Up EP"
Also check Frank Kvitta, ViperXXL, Amok, Switchblade, Sven Wittekind.

Indeed, he's from Chicago, but lives in Berlin.

izshak
16-12-2003, 05:30 AM
not too enfused with his production [tried and tested kick-drum with "sPuNoUt" vocals on top; very little layering etc] ..altho 'funk you right on up' as someone else said, still gets my arse moving..

much better DJ imo ..have only seen him play once but have quite a few sets and they're all spot-on ..raw energy and power ..hard to find another DJ who consistently bangs it out with such success

hopefully will get to see him on my trip soon [you'll get a thread about it at some stage] :lol:

Dustin Zahn
16-12-2003, 05:45 AM
Rush doesn't do it too much for me. Sometimes I like some of his tracks but it doesn't really get me going a whole lot. I think his best works was that one mo-town sampled track...1,2,3 or something. Its kinda cheesy but its really a lot different than most of the techno out there.

He's by no means terrible, I just don't know how he's as big as he is these days.

miromiric.
16-12-2003, 09:58 AM
shuffle kicks ass buttman!

and regarding major rush...well he amuses me. =)

The Overfiend
16-12-2003, 10:02 AM
He's by no means terrible, I just don't know how he's as big as he is these days.
He's paid his dues, cats been djing since disco!

djlukas
17-12-2003, 01:56 AM
I only own 1 of his releases, but since Ive started to get well into my techno I haven't come across anybody that even comes close to this guy's style of techno. He stands out like a sore thumb and imo makes some pretty :twisted: techno. Kramer hammered out a few of his tunes at North, blew my head clean off :rambo:

His traks allways goes really well when i spin then!

as a dj he played twice in brazil and both of then he killed people on the floor... amazing energy during his sets!!!

he is coming back with marco remus in january to spin at a rave party and in my club (Club KRAFT)... i cant wait to have this 2 monsters spining with me!!!

Lukas

Buttman
17-12-2003, 02:17 AM
as a dj he played twice in brazil and both of then he killed people on the floor... amazing energy during his sets!!!

That is not a very nice thing to do. Killing in all its glory but on a floor of a raveparty? That is a bit low.

Adverse
17-12-2003, 02:23 AM
i have never once enjoyed anything he has done.

MARKEG
17-12-2003, 02:25 AM
LOL

MARKEG
17-12-2003, 02:26 AM
right shut up mark.. surely you respect the guy?!!!!!

Adverse
17-12-2003, 03:41 AM
why? he's no good?

miromiric.
17-12-2003, 09:20 AM
yeah i agree with mark on this one like 100%.

eyes without a face
17-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Rush really is a superb artist, his productions do tend to always have that shuffley, vocal feel to them, but thats his style, and his djing is some of the hardest shit ive heard in clubs. ive seen him numerous times now and he just totally wipes the floor with any other hard techno dj ive seen. A really down to earth guy and a great showman.

daviec
17-12-2003, 08:36 PM
I've seen Rush a few times now and the energy levels in the club are amazing when he dj's. He's got a great connection with the crowd, and plays some excellent hard techno.

The Leibing remix of "Get on up" is the only production of his I have, and it's an anthem. ****ing quality. :clap:

JACKSTAR
18-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Normally when people slate someone it's because they have never seen them play. Rush is undoubtable one of the best Techno dj's out there and even if you are not into Techno as hard as Rush plays you can't say his set lacks energy you've only got to see the dancefloor. I have played gigs with Rush many many times and he still amazes me. He can sometimes play the same records as what i've got but they always seem different by the way he creates different vibes. Yes he is a showman but he still pushes the envelope and try's different stuff so I don't think people should slate him.

P.

jock
18-12-2003, 05:46 PM
I think everyone, even djs, notice that sometimes Rush's technical ability is poor, but the same is said of jeff mills.

I have heard rush do some amazing things with tracks, especially playing accapellas over stuff like betty ford etc.

He is the only dj I know that I have listened to sets where you think he cant get any harder, and will then turn it up another notch just to **** with your head.

his live set was quality at atomic jam this year, best live set i have seen him and berkovi, true performer in every sense!!

crime
18-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Normally when people slate someone it's because they have never seen them play.

Too True!
I've never seen him play, and his sound when he dj's isn't so much what I'm into myself, but I think it's really cool to see someone out there who has real character in a sea of faceless shaven heads behind decks, and I think this is what Rush's appeal really is.. And when I say I'm not so into what he spins, this is purely on listening to mix cds, and I think listening to mixes and actually being there are definately 2 different things, maybe if I was at the gig, even if I wasn't so keen on the trax, I'd imagine Rush is one of those people who could convice me I was having a good time anyway! His productions however I have been following since '95, and his early stuff has definatly had an influence on my own stuff.. and agreed, Maniac is one of his finest moments, along with Rhythm, Drums and Style, Mother****in Bass, and The Breaks

crime
18-12-2003, 07:59 PM
**** Bass

Mark, You ****in prude, I love the admin settings ;) That should have read M.o.t.h.e.r.f.u.c.k.i.n Bass... apologies to anyone offended, but it is the track title and is worth checking out, the original that is, and not the Cheesy hard house remixes ;)

tekku7181
27-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I've seen Rush a few times now and the energy levels in the club are amazing when he dj's. He's got a great connection with the crowd, and plays some excellent hard techno.

The Leibing remix of "Get on up" is the only production of his I have, and it's an anthem. ****ing quality. :clap:

that liebing rmx is a crowd pleaser esp in nyc w/that vocal sample of "breakers from the east....." plus hes the only producer that can speak so much and it doesnt annoy me too much on the harder stuff,,,

also like his slower and less hard production,,,always clever and yeah we know his style and some like it and some dont but many producers have signature sounds,,just he gets slack bec it is overaccentuated w/the recognizable vocals,,

i am still lovin his ---- my palazzo(masters of disaster rmx) track on beat disaster,,

Kyle
28-12-2003, 05:49 PM

that liebing rmx is a crowd pleaser esp in nyc w/that vocal sample of "breakers from the east....." plus hes the only producer that can speak so much and it doesnt annoy me too much on the harder stuff,,,

also like his slower and less hard production,,,always clever and yeah we know his style and some like it and some dont but many producers have signature sounds,,just he gets slack bec it is overaccentuated w/the recognizable vocals,,

i am still lovin his ---- my palazzo(masters of disaster rmx) track on beat disaster,,

yeah..this remix kicks

my my fovorite tracks are still "don't u love me" "sinner man" and the marco remus remix of "make sweet love"
:love:

teknorich
29-12-2003, 09:33 AM
For me, he's a mixed bag. He is undoubtedly a very skilled producer. Some of the basslines he's come out with over the years just astound me. E.g. Alter Ego - Betty Ford Remix. I like the original tune, but his mix adds a bouncy, funky bassline that you just cannot resist. He seems to be able to perfect the ablance between funky and skippy enough to get people up and dancing, yet remaining tough enough to not lose his techno credentials. I don't, however, like his vocals. Some of them are ok, but at some points they are so gratuitously rude it just seems like a teenager desperately trying to shock his parents with bad language. Seems pretty unnecessary when you've got a monster of a bassling ripping through the speakers anyway!!!

All in all, I definitely rate him!!

278d7e64a374de26f==