PDA

View Full Version : opening plugins....???

ritaheed
29-12-2007, 07:17 PM
rite ave just downloaded a bunch of plugins but am having problems installing them.....

there all ziped and ive got winrar and i can extract the plugins but the folder to install them will say for example..... Sinthecyza!3.2.dll

ave got vista and its gave me hundreds of problems with everything i do....

a take it my laptop doesnt have the prgram to open the plugins??7

ave searched the web for help on it but a can only get programs tht scan my p.c and then want money to fix whatever problems it may have.....

i deliberately got vista basic because of all the bad rumours i got told about it and its still difficult to instal drivers and other things....

anyone help, point me in the right direction for this problem??

thanx

rhythmtech
29-12-2007, 07:24 PM
you will need a host sequencer from which to open the plug-ins eg: cubase sx, sony acid-pro or cakewalk sonar

ritaheed
29-12-2007, 07:32 PM
mate ave got cubase......its just when i extract the plugins with winrar i cant install them - ive downloaded and installed plugins before just not on my new lappy or with vista....

rhythmtech
29-12-2007, 08:03 PM
strange.. are you sure that your hittin the install application? if theres only .dll files you just copy them to your vst plug-ins folder - no need to install

ritaheed
29-12-2007, 08:08 PM
rite mate il try tht, a saved them to a folder a created myself....cheers!

ritaheed
29-12-2007, 08:33 PM
cheers mate, thought they would still instal if they were in another folder but got it now!!! :D

yellaman
29-12-2007, 11:07 PM
make sure its just a copy so the original dll. file stays in the install folder just in case.!

278d7e64a374de26f==