PDA

View Full Version : decks ??

benji303
30-12-2007, 03:54 PM
im thinking of buying new decks but cant afford technics so does any one know if these are any good??
kam ddx1200 direct drive
or
stanton t60 - direct drive

Aratron
30-12-2007, 05:11 PM
im thinking of buying new decks but cant afford technics so does any one know if these are any good??
kam ddx1200 direct drive
or
stanton t60 - direct drive

i d have alook on ebay first mate

fils_here
30-12-2007, 06:19 PM
don't really like the look of them myself benji, maybe what aratron said have a look on e bay matey, after all you may see a pair of technics & think fvck me! should've got them.

Aratron
30-12-2007, 06:54 PM
don't really like the look of them myself benji, maybe what aratron said have a look on e bay matey, after all you may see a pair of technics & think fvck me! should've got them.

dude get the top end Stantons or Vestax form ebay.

RDR
30-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Technics all the way

dan the acid man
30-12-2007, 08:10 PM
avoid both at all costs, i've tried them both and they're pants.

Either get a secondhand set of technics which are going cheap these days due to alot of people switching to ableton and cd decks, or get a set of vetsax.

If you buy either of these, you will regret it later and lose most of the money trying to sell them on.

christian wagner
30-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Iv got the T60's there ncie decks

contraverselly - im selling them as well!!

dirty_bass
30-12-2007, 09:01 PM
contraverselly - im selling them as well!!

Yeeeehaawwwwww

The Christian Wagner chronicales part 2.

I`m gonna buy a bulk load of popcorn for this one.

Aratron
30-12-2007, 10:12 PM
avoid both at all costs, i've tried them both and they're pants.

Either get a secondhand set of technics which are going cheap these days due to alot of people switching to ableton and cd decks, or get a set of vetsax.

If you buy either of these, you will regret it later and lose most of the money trying to sell them on.

they lose more value compared to technics second hand.

but imo they offer a lot more than technics. the torque is alot stronger. much bigger range of speeds on offer.

A.P.
31-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Technics all the way mate.
Dont buy anything else, defo not worth it.
Nuff said!

Aratron
31-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Technics all the way mate.
Dont buy anything else, defo not worth it.
Nuff said!

:xrolleyes: like he knows what hes on about:xwink:

check the vestax 2300 series out or stanton st150. technics are for old biddies.

Barely Human
31-12-2007, 05:08 PM
:xrolleyes: like he knows what hes on about:xwink:

check the vestax 2300 series out or stanton st150. technics are for old biddies.

:lol:

Siege
01-01-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL!

Aratron
01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
seriously last night i did a set on Vestax PDX 2000.

speeding tracks up , slowing them down, beat matching one track in reverse mode and then forward back spinning it.

you cant do that on technics.

dan the acid man
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
if you're speeding a track up more than you can on a set of technics, then you need to be having a word with yourself, as it will sound shit imo

christian wagner
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeeeehaawwwwww

The Christian Wagner chronicales part 2.

I`m gonna buy a bulk load of popcorn for this one.

LOL!!

Nah thwere all packaged away for the time being, there going in the local admag soon i think, or i may keep them in the loft in case i need to transfere me dads lp's or something.

...Dave...
01-01-2008, 02:52 PM
just buy technics.

if you don't you WILL regret it.

pick up a pair of 1210's for under £300 these days

Aratron
01-01-2008, 04:35 PM
if you're speeding a track up more than you can on a set of technics, then you need to be having a word with yourself, as it will sound shit imo

in your opinion

fils_here
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
they lose more value compared to technics second hand.

but imo they offer a lot more than technics. the torque is alot stronger. much bigger range of speeds on offer.

mate i've played on stantons & kam decks, the feel & build quality of technics is a lot better & their never let you down.

fils_here
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
seriously last night i did a set on Vestax PDX 2000.

speeding tracks up , slowing them down, beat matching one track in reverse mode and then forward back spinning it.

check out the DMC championships dude...word!

Aratron
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
mate i've played on stantons & kam decks, the feel & build quality of technics is a lot better & their never let you down.

fantasy mate. i ve played on stantons/technics/ and vestax a lot.

none of them have let anybody down.

if you want entry level decks get Technics.

if you have some skill, artistry and ambition get some vestax/stantons.

dan the acid man
01-01-2008, 05:37 PM
technics entry level? :lol:

Aratron
01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
technics entry level? :lol:

:lol:

Technics are brilliant. The mechanism will never let you down and they can be repaired easily and sold on at a good value.

I have never used the MK 5's and i would love the chance to use them.

However the down side imo, is that the torque isnt that powerful, compared to Vestax/Stanton which imo makes a hell of a difference.

And if you want to play tunes that bit extra fast or slow you can do so, and aren't hampered by the 60's East European design of the Technics.

Plus side for technics is that once you have leanred to play on technics it stays with you for life, so if you havent used them before - then get technics.

Im just saying that they are credible alternatives with genuine features which will enhance your performance.

TechMouse
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
beat matching one track in reverse mode and then forward back spinning it.

Course you can.

Turn the headshell upside down and put the record on a roll of gaffer tape.

Takes practice, but it's doable. Plus it's a great party trick.

Aratron
02-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Course you can.

Turn the headshell upside down and put the record on a roll of gaffer tape.

Takes practice, but it's doable. Plus it's a great party trick.

:lol: nice one

TechMouse
02-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Im just saying that they are credible alternatives with genuine features which will enhance your performance.
Absolutely, though you'll only ever find them in bedrooms and record shops, so all your new fancy tricks will never see the light of day outside of your home-recorded mixes unless you either A) take your decks with you to gigs or B) command such respect that you can specify whatever decks you wish on your technical rider.

Every single gig I've ever played (outside of one slightly dubious house party) has been on Technics, for the simple reason that every club worth it's salt has Technics installed.

Aratron
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Absolutely, though you'll only ever find them in bedrooms and record shops, so all your new fancy tricks will never see the light of day outside of your home-recorded mixes unless you either A) take your decks with you to gigs or B) command such respect that you can specify whatever decks you wish on your technical rider.

Every single gig I've ever played (outside of one slightly dubious house party) has been on Technics, for the simple reason that every club worth it's salt has Technics installed.

this is true. but i used to own some technics mark 3s, and tho i dont have them now, everytime i play on technics out, i can get into it straight away.

TechMouse
02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
For sure.

I just know that I would be absolutely gutted if I found a stunning mix on a set of Vestax and then discovered it wasn't possible on club-standard Technics.

Aratron
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
For sure.

I just know that I would be absolutely gutted if I found a stunning mix on a set of Vestax and then discovered it wasn't possible on club-standard Technics.

probably like entering Wimbledon with a wooden tennis racket instead of a carbon fibre one

DannyBlack
03-01-2008, 02:44 PM
stay away from stanton stuff. it is wrong. the Kam ones are your best bet, nice and reliable.

RDR
04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Kam ones are your best bet, nice and reliable.

You forgot the sarcastic smiley :Yes:

As for playing a record in reverse... I can do that without the reverse switch. And on technics.

Just takes practice.

Besides most of the skills thaT go to make up a DJ are not reliant on things like reverse.

Good solid DJing skills rely on practice, beat matching, musical knowledge, structural timing ability and EQing. Everything else, as flashy as it may be, is literally a sideshow. [accepting scratch DJs of course, thats slightly different]

RDR
04-01-2008, 09:02 AM
f you want entry level decks get Technics.

if you have some skill, artistry and ambition get some vestax/stantons.

Ambition is limited by machinery?

Explain that to the two sony decks i learnt on.

Ambition is limited by imagination.

BloodStar
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Vestax is shite. I would go for Technics, only.

Siege
04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Technics all the way......vestax as an alternative...i suppose.

benji303
04-01-2008, 05:35 PM
am just goin to save up for a pair of technics my decks what ive got are decent already dont know what as was thinking looking at them decks ive already got half way between technics decks and thoose decks what ive got now ill just save up for good old technic mk2s

Aratron
05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
am just goin to save up for a pair of technics my decks what ive got are decent already dont know what as was thinking looking at them decks ive already got half way between technics decks and thoose decks what ive got now ill just save up for good old technic mk2s

boring

278d7e64a374de26f==