PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprints vol.28 - LivePA by Voidloss

koma
03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
AUDIO QUALITY: 192kbps
LENGTH: 1h:23m:47s

http://poundingtechno.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=77

dirty_bass
04-01-2008, 02:36 PM
http://poundingtechno.com/downloads/fingerprints/images/logo_post.jpg

TRACK ID: Poundingtechno.com presents Fingerprints vol.28 - Livepa by Voidloss (http://poundingtechno.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=77)
SIZE: 115,07 Mb

INFO:
Voidloss (Steve D-Bass) has been making electronic music for around 15 years. Heavily influenced by industrial music and bands like Ministry, Front 242, Throbbing Gristle and Skinny Puppy in the early 90`s, Steve formed a band at this time, fusing the raw sounds of guitars and live drums with synths and samplers, and played the band scene in U.K.

His music progressed more and more into the electronic domain, absorbing the sounds of raves and early psy-trance. Eventually, in the late 90`s, Steve discovered the famous free party scene. He saw the raw power of the music that was really pulling the crowds -Techno- and was inspired to learn how to mix. By the end of the century he found himself fully involved in the London Techno free party scene organizing parties as part of Pendulum Sound System, regularly playing live, and playing extended techno DJ mixes. This culminated in a huge millennium techno rave right in the centre of London. Eventually the bubble burst as the free party scene fell into anarchy. So Steve pulled away from this side of the dance scene and re-focused his energy towards making the music, eventually releasing a record on his own label: DirtyBass Records.

After selling an overwhelming amount of vinyl for a first release and getting major plays from the big name DJ`s, Steve continues to develop his sound on his own label. He has also to produced for labels outside of DirtyBass Records such as Humanoid, Hard Signal and Ascend Recordings.

Steve began a new project a few years ago, returning to his roots with industrial music, involving darker experimental sounds and ideas blended with the beats of dance music. Recording under the name Voidloss, his experimental PA and new Record Label: Singularity, have both been met with critical acclaim around the world both for the quality of production and rich palette of new ideas.

Steve's main live forte has become his live PA`s, combining the rich palette of sounds that he has become known for into a serious journey for the mind as well as the feet, turning dance music back into a live musical performance rather than a DJ playing pre recorded plastic. He plays as Voidloss throughout Europe, opening minds with his blend of original beats and sounds, and the strong emotional journey he puts the audience through. Now after focusing on the live performance for some time, Voidloss is releasing material for user consumption, with a number of vinyl and digital releases pinned down for 2008. Voidloss is the moment when you stare into the abyss and realise this is your future. To be lost to the void, and to be happy in oblivion.

SPECIAL NOTE:
The download package contains the full livepa and livepa that has been cut down to fit onto a CD.

Additional note, this PA was recorded Synchronicity - Bad Robot in December 2007.

dirty_bass
04-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Oops, just posted this up myself.
Cheers mate.

koma
04-01-2008, 05:29 PM
no problem ;)
someone posted it on my board, I was suprised it wasnt already posted here too

oh and nice set btw, as always 8)

dirty_bass
05-01-2008, 01:43 AM
no problem ;)
someone posted it on my board, I was suprised it wasnt already posted here too

oh and nice set btw, as always 8)

Is that the Jacbri show?

I was gonna do you a pa too ey?
I promise I will do one, but I don`t like to use pa`s for people who request them, that have been done before, so I like each pa that gets broadcast to be unique and different. I have another pa I am doing that will be on Sub Zero radio (it will be a detroit techno pa) then after that I`m going to do a much harder darker broken set, which you can have for the show if you like.

koma
05-01-2008, 09:17 AM
sure I do ;) I also like my guest sets/pa's to be unique.

anyway, there's gonna be some changes concerning jacbri show, I might start another show just for harder/darker stuff, maybe even look for an online radio partner who would be interested in broadcasting it.

dirty_bass
05-01-2008, 02:20 PM
sure I do ;) I also like my guest sets/pa's to be unique.

anyway, there's gonna be some changes concerning jacbri show, I might start another show just for harder/darker stuff, maybe even look for an online radio partner who would be interested in broadcasting it.

I¬m fairly sure Patryk at Techno.fm would be interested mate.

astonish
07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I usually post the FP on BOAR.. due to obligations i wasn't able to posts it sooner..
here is the complete info on the set ;)

http://poundingtechno.com/downloads/fingerprints/images/logo_post.jpg

TRACK ID: Poundingtechno.com presents Fingerprints vol.28 - Livepa by Voidloss (http://poundingtechno.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=77)
SIZE: 115,07 Mb

INFO:
Voidloss (Steve D-Bass) has been making electronic music for around 15 years. Heavily influenced by industrial music and bands like Ministry, Front 242, Throbbing Gristle and Skinny Puppy in the early 90`s, Steve formed a band at this time, fusing the raw sounds of guitars and live drums with synths and samplers, and played the band scene in U.K.

His music progressed more and more into the electronic domain, absorbing the sounds of raves and early psy-trance. Eventually, in the late 90`s, Steve discovered the famous free party scene. He saw the raw power of the music that was really pulling the crowds -Techno- and was inspired to learn how to mix. By the end of the century he found himself fully involved in the London Techno free party scene organizing parties as part of Pendulum Sound System, regularly playing live, and playing extended techno DJ mixes. This culminated in a huge millennium techno rave right in the centre of London. Eventually the bubble burst as the free party scene fell into anarchy. So Steve pulled away from this side of the dance scene and re-focused his energy towards making the music, eventually releasing a record on his own label: DirtyBass Records.

After selling an overwhelming amount of vinyl for a first release and getting major plays from the big name DJ`s, Steve continues to develop his sound on his own label. He has also to produced for labels outside of DirtyBass Records such as Humanoid, Hard Signal and Ascend Recordings.

Steve began a new project a few years ago, returning to his roots with industrial music, involving darker experimental sounds and ideas blended with the beats of dance music. Recording under the name Voidloss, his experimental PA and new Record Label: Singularity, have both been met with critical acclaim around the world both for the quality of production and rich palette of new ideas.

Steve's main live forte has become his live PA`s, combining the rich palette of sounds that he has become known for into a serious journey for the mind as well as the feet, turning dance music back into a live musical performance rather than a DJ playing pre recorded plastic. He plays as Voidloss throughout Europe, opening minds with his blend of original beats and sounds, and the strong emotional journey he puts the audience through. Now after focusing on the live performance for some time, Voidloss is releasing material for user consumption, with a number of vinyl and digital releases pinned down for 2008. Voidloss is the moment when you stare into the abyss and realise this is your future. To be lost to the void, and to be happy in oblivion.

SPECIAL NOTE:
The download package contains the full livepa and livepa that has been cut down to fit onto a CD.

astonish
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
superb edition you made for us man
one of my favorites for sure :respect:

stjohn
07-01-2008, 03:23 PM
listening now ...commenting later

cheers

holotropik
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
The zip file from your myspac has a problem. I d/load and then extract but the file name size is too long and now I cant delete the extracted folder from my PC??

stjohn
11-01-2008, 02:53 AM
thumbs up again horsebox!!

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
How odd, I downloaded myself to test and had no problems, and no one else has said anything.
Maybe the zip got corrupted on download, it happens.

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Cheers Squire

2 threads running for this, maybe the mods could merge them??

Sit0
14-01-2008, 10:49 AM
beautiful music. respect !!!

xfive
17-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Links seems dead... here's a mirror:

http://iterativemusic.com/sets/Poundingtechno.com_presents_Fingerprints_vol.28___ Livepa_by_Voidloss.zip

Quality as always ;)

dirty_bass
22-01-2008, 03:06 AM
Just realised a lot of people can`t access this, but chris has put up a mirror in the post above.

MITA
24-01-2008, 01:30 PM
mirrors mirrors on the wall tell how's dis gonna roll~ : P

ima take a bit of Dirtynesssss here.NOW

dirty_bass
24-01-2008, 08:56 PM
mirrors mirrors on the wall tell how's dis gonna roll~ : P

ima take a bit of Dirtynesssss here.NOW

haha
your crazy :bash: :bash:

BRADLEE
24-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I really liked the set...Gotta burn it so I can listen in the car.

maily
25-01-2008, 01:00 AM
yeah man flippin great set. could live without the depech mode though.

dirty_bass
25-01-2008, 07:14 AM
yeah man flippin great set. could live without the depech mode though.

there`s no depeche mode in there.
I suspect you are talking about the Tears for fears remix.

Oddly enough that`s the one that really goes down best wiith the ladies.
So it`s staying, I make my music for girls anyway.

MITA
25-01-2008, 10:13 AM
liking this set on first listen in the deepnes of the night.

ama girl :lol:

maily
25-01-2008, 02:40 PM
there`s no depeche mode in there.
I suspect you are talking about the Tears for fears remix.

Oddly enough that`s the one that really goes down best wiith the ladies.
So it`s staying, I make my music for girls anyway.

yeah tears for fears. i listened to it a week or two ago, ****in memory.

it's just personal taste man, i've never liked tears for fears!

think vocals are probably the most divisive aspect of techno, some people don't wanna hear them at all, and everyone else is a picky ****er ;]

MITA
25-01-2008, 04:56 PM
must add after these posts on tears for fears i quite enjoyed that moment in this live : )

dirty_bass
26-01-2008, 12:11 AM
yeah tears for fears. i listened to it a week or two ago, ****in memory.

it's just personal taste man, i've never liked tears for fears!

think vocals are probably the most divisive aspect of techno, some people don't wanna hear them at all, and everyone else is a picky ****er ;]

Well I use vocals to add identity.
Techno can be very cold and hard for people to connect to emotionally without some kind of human input now and again.
I use and abuse vocals as a emotionallyt manipulative tool, and understand perfectly well the risk (normally from guys) of doing so can result in people going either way on it.

278d7e64a374de26f==