PDA

View Full Version : monitors crap`?? wasted time??

VOMATRON
10-12-2003, 03:47 PM
dear me...

ive been working on a cd with some of my stuff at school the last few months, and been mixing over a set of monitors which i trusted pretty much, but now im wondering if they are really a piece of shite...
thing is, i tried takin a wide spectrum of professional recorded sounds with me to act sort of as a guide,and most of them sounded good to me
so i been thinking that these monitors are ok all along. i did try to burn a cd occasionally and play them at my home, but my sound system(:P) aint nothing at all, so i wasnt counting on it too much, but still most semi/pro music sounds ok over it, but now im at what should be the finishing stage,and im sitting with all the tracks collected,and guess what....they sound lousy outside those monitors :(
might be my ear thats untrained,but they sound good at school, so i thought that it might sound good other places too..guess it was naive, cause now i tried to play it a bit around...and it not really sounding that good..

these monitors are of the brand 'studiophile'...can anyone tell me: have i been stupid relyiong on htese all along,or is it maybe my ears its wrong with... :roll:

id appreciate it very ,much if someone good guide me a bit, im almost at the deadline,duno what to do...

miromiric.
10-12-2003, 04:09 PM
it seems to me that its about your ears getting used to a specific monitoring system.
if you get to know it really good, you will know where they try to trick you and you will trick it.
just listen to your work and lots of different soundystems to catch the pattern.

VOMATRON
10-12-2003, 04:14 PM
yeah...but time is what i got least of now...it was moswtly meant as a gift for friends and family who been asking me about it, so its no big deal as such, but i was hoping to do it at least decent...

do you have time to maybe meet on the chat?

miromiric.
10-12-2003, 04:24 PM
sure i m logging in on BOA`s chat...

VOMATRON
10-12-2003, 05:24 PM
thanks again miro,cleared up some stuf

yay..im a junior freak now! :/

DJZeMig_L
10-12-2003, 07:24 PM
If U going on about a M-Sudio Studiophile.. then they ain't that true really... plus even if u have perfect speakers u have 2 account for the room that tends 2 colour the sound a little bit... so like said U'd really learn with a bit of experience, time would b at the essence 2 learn the faults of the sistem.... these speakers have a little bit more midrange and less bass then your real recording .. maybe this helps ya in some way!

Z

VOMATRON
11-12-2003, 07:17 AM
yeah it does, you gave me a good idea there, thanks man :)

DJZeMig_L
11-12-2003, 01:01 PM
;)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==