PDA

View Full Version : Strange burn marks on monitors :(

MARK ANXIOUS
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
OK I've got some lovely 19 inch flat screens that I bought on Amazon, but ever since I reformated, they seem to be having problems.

When you leave a program up, after a while the gui 'burns' a mark on the screen. When you shut the program down it leaves shitty marks everywhere. I've got a Matrox g550 card.

Does anyone know what this might be? Or what is causing it?

Barely Human
04-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Is this happening to both screens? As far as i know, TFT screens cannot be "burnt" like old CRT monitors, so i would be looking towards the GFX card and drivers.

MARK ANXIOUS
04-01-2008, 06:34 PM
thank you mate i will try and update the drivers and let you know what happens!

dan the acid man
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah sounds like a driver issue, or maybe your graphic settings aren't set up the way you used to have them

mr.big.g
09-01-2008, 12:33 PM
also try fiddling with the refresh rate of your monitor!

(found in GFX options, or by right clicking on desktop, proerties / settings)

this is a common problem while playing games that have a different / unsupported refresh rate to the hardware its being played on, so it could be some dicrepency with the software settings!

also try the settings physically on the monitors.

Good Luck!

TechMouse
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphor_burn-in

LCD-type displays can exhibit a similar phenomenon, which is sometimes confused with screen burn but is generally temporary.

MARK ANXIOUS
09-01-2008, 02:14 PM
thanks bud, yeah but that links is for crt's. ok, i'm downloading the drivers now and gonna check in like 30 minutes heheeh

TechMouse
09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
thanks bud, yeah but that links is for crt's
Yes, but it does mention about LCDs, which is the bit I highlighted.

In a nutshell, it does happen but it's rarely permanent.

It's more of a problem with plasma screens.

278d7e64a374de26f==