PDA

View Full Version : UREI 1610e

Aratron
05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.djdeals.com/urei1601E.htm

Im thinking of getting this mixer?
anyone used one by any chance? i have an ecler 310 already. but i've always wanted a UREI and this has osme decent effects on it. plus im getting it at half the price.

Sunil
06-01-2008, 04:24 AM
http://www.djdeals.com/urei1601E.htm

Im thinking of getting this mixer?
anyone used one by any chance? i have an ecler 310 already. but i've always wanted a UREI and this has osme decent effects on it. plus im getting it at half the price.

I had one for a while.. pretty nice mixer. The (cross) fader for bringing in the effects signal is cool and encourages lots of messing around. Personally i don't like using lots of FX so I found that the novelty wore off after a while, so I didn't look too far into the saving of FX presets and stuff. That said, I found the fader nice to control for subtle FX etc. too.

For me the flaws were the eqs, they don't stop or rest into place when you get to 12 0'clock on the dial, and while it's only a small thing, I wasn't too keen on a mixer that lacked precision in this area for no apparant reason.
Having no third channel was something that began to bug me after a while too, and already having a decent enough 3 channel mixer I decided to go back to it.

All in all though, if you're going for a 2 channel mixer then I think this is a good bet; it doubles up nicely as a standard dj or scratch mixer too, with fader curve controls at the front. If you like quick mixing and messing a lot with FX then you'll have a lot of fun with it. It's priced pretty reasonably too. If you use it for 6 months or a year you'll be getting good value out of it anyway. I got rid of mine but in some ways I'm sorry I didn't hang onto it!

Aratron
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I had one for a while.. pretty nice mixer. The (cross) fader for bringing in the effects signal is cool and encourages lots of messing around. Personally i don't like using lots of FX so I found that the novelty wore off after a while, so I didn't look too far into the saving of FX presets and stuff. That said, I found the fader nice to control for subtle FX etc. too.

For me the flaws were the eqs, they don't stop or rest into place when you get to 12 0'clock on the dial, and while it's only a small thing, I wasn't too keen on a mixer that lacked precision in this area for no apparant reason.
Having no third channel was something that began to bug me after a while too, and already having a decent enough 3 channel mixer I decided to go back to it.

All in all though, if you're going for a 2 channel mixer then I think this is a good bet; it doubles up nicely as a standard dj or scratch mixer too, with fader curve controls at the front. If you like quick mixing and messing a lot with FX then you'll have a lot of fun with it. It's priced pretty reasonably too. If you use it for 6 months or a year you'll be getting good value out of it anyway. I got rid of mine but in some ways I'm sorry I didn't hang onto it!

hmm the eqs thing, looks like it really irritated you. are you saying that it ruins the experience ? or that technically it is flawed?

im looking at buying it for £190 as new - bargain?

Sunil
06-01-2008, 03:50 PM
hmm the eqs thing, looks like it really irritated you. are you saying that it ruins the experience ? or that technically it is flawed?

im looking at buying it for £190 as new - bargain?

No, it doesn't ruin the experience at all, but I preferred the ones on a Vestax mixer I have. I guess 'technically flawed' would be the one alright, it isn't a major issue in the greater scheme of things.

190 as new sounds good, that's about right. They were selling roughly 290/300 on HTFR last year, so that seems fair enough.

Aratron
06-01-2008, 04:24 PM
No, it doesn't ruin the experience at all, but I preferred the ones on a Vestax mixer I have. I guess 'technically flawed' would be the one alright, it isn't a major issue in the greater scheme of things.

190 as new sounds good, that's about right. They were selling roughly 290/300 on HTFR last year, so that seems fair enough.

can you sample stuff like on a pioneer djm?

fils_here
06-01-2008, 08:10 PM
can you sample stuff like on a pioneer djm?

just reading the description it says about having a 2 bank 24 bit sampler so i guess it does dude.

APC
10-01-2008, 09:45 PM
just reading the description it says about having a 2 bank 24 bit sampler so i guess it does dude.

There is another Urei 1601, possibly the 1601 S, which has an onboard sampler. I have the "E" model, bought off HTFR for £250 which apparently was £300 off or somat.

I really enjoy using it, I don't know much about effects but they sound as good, if not better than the A+H Xone equivalent. The fader is nice and smooth, the sound quality is well nice, it feels proper nice well built and is just generally really nice to use.

I recommend it, especially for £190, I doubt you will get better for that price.

Aratron
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
There is another Urei 1601, possibly the 1601 S, which has an onboard sampler. I have the "E" model, bought off HTFR for £250 which apparently was £300 off or somat.

I really enjoy using it, I don't know much about effects but they sound as good, if not better than the A+H Xone equivalent. The fader is nice and smooth, the sound quality is well nice, it feels proper nice well built and is just generally really nice to use.

I recommend it, especially for £190, I doubt you will get better for that price.

you have this mixer? brilliant. i thought the 'e' one was top of the range? so why should the 's' one have a sampler.

i havent bought it. still procrastinating about it. tbh i really want a better ecler.
a friend of mine has the HAK 360, it has no onboard effects, it's only two channel. but i just like it. too expensive though.

APC
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
you have this mixer? brilliant. i thought the 'e' one was top of the range? so why should the 's' one have a sampler.

i havent bought it. still procrastinating about it. tbh i really want a better ecler.
a friend of mine has the HAK 360, it has no onboard effects, it's only two channel. but i just like it. too expensive though.

HTFR had two Urei's for sale at a similar price, they were both supposedly top of the range but they were slightly different. You had a choice of going for one with a sampler OR the effects module. There isn't one with both AFAIK. There was a basic mixer with neither of these for about £100 less.

Aratron
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
HTFR had two Urei's for sale at a similar price, they were both supposedly top of the range but they were slightly different. You had a choice of going for one with a sampler OR the effects module. There isn't one with both AFAIK. There was a basic mixer with neither of these for about £100 less.

nice one. i think UREI have stopped making them now. lots of different companies making mixers for thwat you would think would be a quite a narow market. bizarre.

278d7e64a374de26f==