PDA

View Full Version : The End of the Big Four?

Numeric
07-01-2008, 02:37 PM
surely Liverpool can no longer be considered one of the big four...

the Premiership now has a 'Big Three' followed by a 'Fairly large Four '(Man City, Everton, Villa, Liverpool) and a 'Distinctly Average Rest' :lol:

DJ RE:HAB
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
**Yawn**

Pretty pointless this big four, big three, big two hundred and fifty if you ask me.

After all only one team can win the premier league. Surely if the big four applies then after whoever wins the prem should be called the bigger one...ahead of the slightly smaller but bigger than the others 3.

load of pointless bollox if you ask me...

Who wants to be in the top 4, 3 or 2... Only for champs league places maybe...

Liverpool have proved they can win that, they cant win the prem tho for another year. Couldnt give a shit were they finish this year if aint top am not happy.

Winning it is what counts anything else just aint good enough...

So like i said, not arsed.

But we still won it more times than u numeric lad... hahahahaha...

still playing catch up...

Numeric
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
we'll have broken your record within the next few seasons :)

digitalboy
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Put me in charge of the FA. I'll put a cap on what clubs can spend, that would sort out the "big four".

You might lose out in europe, but you would have an 'even handed' league.

Frank Dogshit
08-01-2008, 01:21 AM
you can only belong in the 'big four' if youve won the premier league before.

blackburn,man united,arsenal,chelsea.

Esox Lucius
08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
good season that, 94/95, before shearer f.ucked off and your team crumbled :lol:

Insomnia
08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I always remember the SOS of Blackburn back then...

Sutton and Shearer were a force it has to be said....

french_og
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
And the RAF - Rush and Fowler at Liverpool!!

Microdot
09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
surely Liverpool can no longer be considered one of the big four...

the Premiership now has a 'Big Three' followed by a 'Fairly large Four '(Man City, Everton, Villa, Liverpool) and a 'Distinctly Average Rest' :lol:

the "big four" never existed. the media made it up to give them more to write about.
there has only ever been a big three, and that's only since Abramovich paid Ken Bates £1 to have the rent boys.
before that, it was a big two.
ten years ago, a big one.

french_og
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Liverpool have finished higher than Arsenal the last 2 seasons haven't they? Its still the big four, the same four that are in the Champions league season after season. Maybe only Utd and Chelsea have really been title contenders the last few seasons but then there has never been more than a 2 horse race since the prem began or since i can remember.

Microdot
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Liverpool have finished higher than Arsenal the last 2 seasons haven't they? Its still the big four, the same four that are in the Champions league season after season. Maybe only Utd and Chelsea have really been title contenders the last few seasons but then there has never been more than a 2 horse race since the prem began or since i can remember.

fair comment. but I was referring to teams that have looked like having a chance of being champions in the past 12 years or so, of which there are three, not four.
If you're referring to CL places, then of course, its a big four.

278d7e64a374de26f==