PDA

View Full Version : when in cubase......

ritaheed
09-01-2008, 07:04 PM
why does all my instruments play at the same time when im just trying to mess about on one instrument??

i select the track tht i want to play but most of the time all of them play, ive got to mute the others in order just to hear the one instrument i want to play and even tht doesnt work sometimes.....plz help

Ak01
09-01-2008, 07:35 PM
why mute all of the other tracks? Why not just solo the track you want to hear? Are you referring to audio tracks or midi tracks? could you take a screen shot when this is happening so we can see what's going on from your perspective instead of trying to imagine it?

ritaheed
09-01-2008, 08:40 PM
thts wot i meant, i solo the track tht im messing about with.....but surely you shouldnt have to solo the track your messin about with in order for all your tracks not play at the same time ......its midi tracks also

for example just say tht midi channel 1 is a synth....and ive went into the edit page for this instrument and inputed my notes.....now when i get another synth up on midi channel 2 and im messin about with this synth and playin my synth (midi channel 1) in the background on loop the notes from midi channel 1 then play on the synth on midi channel 2...... sorry if this is confusing.....

Ak01
09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
as for your first paragraph: Actually, that's exactly what I do. When I want to only hear ONE track (whether it be audio, midi, effect, group, etc.) I solo it in the main composition window.

and your second paragraph: GYEH?!
Let me see if I have your process correct.
- open new midi track and assign a synth(1) to that track on channel 1
- open another midi track and assign a DIFFERENT synth(2) to channel 2
- when your sequence is playing it's playing synth(2) with the input from channel 1?

for argument's sake lets say synth 1 is NI Massive
and synth 2 is FM7

If this is the case make sure that when you setup your midi track for FM7, to select the "midi out" for that synth and not for Massive.

Hope this helps

ritaheed
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
aye mate thts wot i was trying to say ......(worded much better by urself)

mate iam selecting the apropriate midi out depending wot synth im using thts why i think its very strange that this is happening.......

RDR
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Change the MIDI input to your controller keyboard rather than ANY MIDI input.

I suspect that you have a MIDI loop back going on somewhere this is why all your instruments playback instead of the channel you have sleected in the sequencer window.

OR

You need to go into the MIDI devices options and change something there... I have to admit i dont know what it might be as i have never had this problem myself.

Let us know if you fix it. Soloing a channel is NOT the right way to go about it.

Ak01
10-01-2008, 09:29 PM
agreed, in this case, soloing the track is not a solution ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==