PDA

View Full Version : Spain or Holland?

Kokotorobot
10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
EZ folks...

i need to move my ass out of this place around june, as theres no future in this country. i want to move somewhere where i'll get inspired again and where there's a solid scene to support my production efforts and present an oppurtinity to evolve

im really into the ultrahard, full-on industrial distortion but done with skill and solid groovy sound, not only techno but anything in general - beats bass sex damage

i've been developing my liveact project but im still not happy with the pace, need more equipment and especially more material before im ready to perform and show what i've been working on for the past two years

for now it looks like i'll be trying my luck in holland, but i've heard that there's a good scene in spain, people are into stuff like rumenige and very energetic sound in general...i'm really pushing for the full throttle in your face, no psychedelics or safe dancing

what do you reckon, which place is better home for a freak like me?

BRADLEE
10-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Spain would be excellent.

stjohn
10-01-2008, 11:30 PM
spain's great...new language... great people!!

dodgy cops :|

The Overfiend
10-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Espana

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Fully hard techno??
Spain is all minimal.

Eastern europe maybe.

They like it hard in poland.

mattboyslim
11-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Fully hard techno??
Spain is all minimal.

depends where in Spain you go. A mate of mine played at Florida 135 in Fraga, and his minimal stuff didn't go down too well. When he stepped it up a notch they went mental

Split-Personality
11-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Viva Espanol

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Well, I`m just going by what my mates over there say.
They love it hard, but it`s all been marginalised and minimalised according to them.
Bar the small gigs, so I wouldn`t say spain is the pace to go where the hard sound is prevailant.
From my talkings with peeps over in madrid and barcelona, the hard scene over there is about as big as it is over here.

However I know afair few peeps in the hard circuit have been heading ever further east.

MITA
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
go to Russia lol

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Fully hard techno??
Spain is all minimal.

Eastern europe maybe.

They like it hard in poland.

nonsense
spain is hard as nails

there is minimal too

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 05:43 PM
this is the way it is in my book

spain : schranz or minimal in equal measures but on totally different scenes.
great festivals ,great clubs

poland : up for anything but the hard scene is getting battered by the electrohouse club scene
last time i was there it was a tough crowd

uk: good old trance and psycadelic nonsense , minimal in shoreditch and bars , acid techno in small clubs only now and squat parties have got very far and few between
the odd big techno party here and there with a mixed line up in london.
elsewhere small nights pumping out underground stuff all over the place!
good free party scenes in the west country i hear
and great tings in the north wales area and liverpool , scotland is mainly hardcore and trance from what i hear
most northern / big clubs concentrate on progressive and trance and house
with the hardcore scene remaining strong as **** to this day but does anoyone give a shit?
not really.
but it's there.

brasil: techno has been killed d.e.a.d by posh club bullshit and psycadelic trance!
competition between promoters stops things from happening all the time.
but ...techno.....play it and the crowd go nuts!
work that one out

venezuela: lovely place , minimal / electro bug has hit hard , but me and chris filled the club with acid techno people and it went mad all night
so i know people are looking for something.

big minimal nights
and of course geezers with guns at the party , go figure

canada
house and tech house rule , toronto has a fantastic clubs scene
with regular top jocks playing all kinds of great music
very intelligent clubbers , who know what they want

usa

no idea to be honest
hardcore on the east coast
minimal in the middle
trance and psy on the west coast
house in the south

something like that

france
house and homegrown styles like french tek style hard core , mixed up with drum and bass
brilliant but it has to be done right.
manu le malin and the big industrial guys and gods over there

austrailia
psy psy psy....trance.....not much else

any help?
correct me please anyone , and lets get the other countries in there

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 05:46 PM
you know what ?
one more thing

holland : hardcore and hardstyle are really in right now apparently in the bigger event anyway.

croatia and ex yugoslavia countries

hard techno...great stuff...not sure how big the parties are but io'm over in croatia next month
and i've had some good times in that area.

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
It seems that minimal and electro house has kinda hit things hard everywhere then.

From the chats I had with promoters in spain, madrid is a minimal city.
Barcelona more variety but still minimal takes the big clubs.
Plenty of good underground parties in the summer though.

I agree poland has got tougher.
It seems again that proper techno has been driven into the smaller clubs, with electro house taking over there.

Montreal seems to have gone over to minimal and electro house too.

What happened to the scene in Russia?

But again, when for want of a better phrase, middle of the road techno is played in clubs with other music, it pulls people onto the floor.

So is it the promoters out there who are just trying to jump onto what they see as the current fashion (ie minimal and electro house?)

Or is it the clubs themselves, I know a lot of venues just don`t like the word techno when they hear a promoter say that`s what they want to do..

On a good note, I got a lot of family in south africa, and apparently techno is starting to spring up down there, a whole new fresh scene, again it`s small but it`s growing.

It would seem that most countries in europe have about an equal amount of the proper stuff, it`s just that it has gone back underground.

I`m not sure thats a bad thing.

MITA
11-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Serbia is all proggy free entrance parties sponsored by tobaco or nowadayz beer copmanies..comercial rubishh..hard scene is getting i'ts deserved place but only in small clubs. electro has it's audience aswel as house scene..and mnml is everywher in these scenes...best thing is EXIT festival which attracts a lot of foreign ppl and content wise you can find all you want to hear~

dirty_bass
11-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Serbia is all proggy free entrance parties sponsored by tobaco

That`s mental, there`s a bit of that in poland too.
Still, tobacco companies probably need the money now

Mucky Beats
11-01-2008, 08:45 PM
lets buy an island and make it techno capital of the world !

Kokotorobot
11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
just to clarify: i live in slovakia. i absolutely love the techno output of this country (tbh i rate it as the best of best) but it's pretty much the only thing i enjoy here, totally need some fresh air, new motivation

other stuff i don't rate much here, apparently the minimal scene is strong and good but that's only of a marginal interest to me - LFB puts out some great tunes btw

i used to be really into drum n bass, it was a good underground scene but some clubs have got closed down and now it's only about weed and fake rasta twats...playing same 10 yr old tunes over and over

you see everything is a bit behind. it's good to visit and feel, but everyday living is a different story. i need to move to some place that is open to new ideas and it's easier to find people with similar vision

i like the hardstyle "concept" in holland - the music is a bit...eh..., but i like the energy and the bollocks in it

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
i know what you mean

BranLanen
16-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Spain in not only Madrid and Barcelona.
North of Spain is still hard, most of clubs are still into techno.
The "rude" people in the north are still loving techno, but maybe in the "modern" and massive cities people need to follow the "new electronic fashion", and they say the people in the north are outdated and ignorant, of course.

gunjack
18-01-2008, 12:17 AM
lledida spain is hard techno heaven hehe try olviedo as well...

barry_fyasko
18-01-2008, 11:20 AM
ive lived in barcelona for about 8 months, most of the clubs do play minimal but people are starting to get a bit sick of it. trouble is a lot of venue owners are reluctant to push the boat out because minimal is the safe option, so some clubs promotors might not be able to book harder djs even if they wanted to.

theres a few clubs that play harder stuff (la cova, moog, kgb etc) and i reckon the popular scene will start turning back away from minimal. theres european and london djs coming over here all the time. im going to try and get a night started here this year (fusiĆ³?), so we'll see how accurate my prediction is...

theres bastard hard schranz and hardcore going on all the time further out of town too (like vector project), and thats whats played at most of the free parties ive been to.

its a good city for techno if you dig a bit deeper than the electro house-minimal surface.

and the weather shits all over britain's : )

278d7e64a374de26f==