PDA

View Full Version : sampler / groovebox???

mister badtouch
11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
A little bit of advice needed -

I've been saving up my dosh for a few months now, so that I can get myself a decent sampler, but I'm not sure what to get. I don't really know much about music making technology, but I'm thinking about getting a "korg electribe sx".

It seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure if the valves are a bit gimmicky. I got about £350 to spend, so I could possiby get more 'power' for my cash if I went for a less 'gimmicky' piece of kit.....? What kind of samplers do the London acid folks use?

What would be the best (easyist and simplest to use) sampler for an ametaur like myself to invest in?

I think that I'd need something with a big memory card, also something which I could store sequences on and run a live performance on (ie sequence and play a 'fatbass' 303 clone, and couple of other bits of midi kit). I guess good effects and filters are also important. Frankly I don't know where to start!

I'm only really interested in making acid / trance music, hence asking the experts on here....

Ok, , cheers

rhythmtech
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
you dont say if you use a pc but if you do i'd recomend Native Instruments Kontakt 3 as a software option. the thing is one of the most powerful programs ive ever seen!

mister badtouch
11-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the advice mate, I do use a PC, but I've kinda got my heart set on a hardware sampler, for no other reason than the fact that it feels slightly cooler to own a decent piece of hardware. I'm a big sci-fi lover, so it feels kinda futuristic to use an actualy dedicated box!

BTW - I like YOUR music, especialy the one you did on WAHWAH mate :-)
also 'temple records' one..........:-)

acidchild
12-01-2008, 05:45 AM
I would recommend the ESX-1. Killer piece for the price! I want one myself.

rhythmtech
12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the advice mate, I do use a PC, but I've kinda got my heart set on a hardware sampler, for no other reason than the fact that it feels slightly cooler to own a decent piece of hardware. I'm a big sci-fi lover, so it feels kinda futuristic to use an actualy dedicated box!

BTW - I like YOUR music, especialy the one you did on WAHWAH mate :-)
also 'temple records' one..........:-)

nah mate.. thats my rhythm nemisis... mr logistics :lol:

you'll find my stuff on damaged trax, kickthedrum, suf rmx etc...

but i'll be sure let mr logistics know... its not often he gets mistaken for a handsome chap :xeek: :lol:

paulcortex
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
i used to own an electribe esx-1, it was ok....valves sound nice but at the end of the day...midi specs were not too good and i found it easier to use my vst samplers...go for the akai mc series they are wicked...solid and reliable.

mister badtouch
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
nah mate.. thats my rhythm nemisis... mr logistics :lol:

you'll find my stuff on damaged trax, kickthedrum, suf rmx etc...

but i'll be sure let mr logistics know... its not often he gets mistaken for a handsome chap :xeek: :lol:

sorry mate, my mistake.

Top marks on 'suf37' , it's got a really good vibe to it

278d7e64a374de26f==