i'm there

Electric City
15-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Thursday January 17th at Wax

Raudive aka Oliver Ho [Klang Records - London]
Eddie Brennan [Electric City]
Mike Falvey [EC FM]

Admission - e10 / e8 members

We first came across Oliver Ho when we had him guest on Power FM long before EC was just a twinkle in our little blue eyes. That night he went on to play in Shooters of all places to a crowd of eight people and a hen's party from Sean McDermott Street. Since then he has been a regular visitor to Dublin with sets at the Shelter [R.I.P] Temple Bar Music Centre [R.I.P] and The Vaults [no such luck]. This will be his first time over to play as Raudive. With more disguises than Howard Marks at Halloween, Raudive takes the percussion of his earlier tribal releases and mutates it into a slower deep minimal sound, fusing the funk of house and the electronics of techno with great panache. Since his debut on Alter Ego's Klang label, the Raudive sound has gone on to make more appearances on Klang, Music Man and Pokerflat. He has also done a mighty fine job of remixing Len Faki, Szenario and Chrom which is on Uncle Sven's current sound of last season mix CD. Visit www.oliverho.com to see the latest performances from clubs around the world and hear a new Raudive mix.

First up is Mike Falvey who is a well-known name to those of you who tuned into EC FM on www.powerfm.org. Exceptionally good taste in music, Mike regularly uploads killer mixes of his latest sounds - check the link below for a taste of the goodness ready to flow forth from 11pm. Following him is Eddie Brennan - what else can we say about Eddie at this stage? He's played the club numerous times and recently did a 4-hour set at Pogo with only Serato and a two litre bottle of Diet 7-Up for company. He'll also be playing with Derrick 'Del' May in Tivoli later this month. Tickets for that one are flying out already.

Mike Falvey - 'Oscillator' - DJ Mix

Download the mix
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R2BQ89PY

Tracklist:
01. Michael Ho - 'Takeaway' [Tuning Spork Records]
02. Minilogue - 'Ghost' [Mule Electronic]
03. Zander VT - 'After The Crash' [BPitch Control]
04. John Tejada & Justin Maxwell - 'Pimp My Glide' [Palette Recordings]
05. Etienne Jaumet - 'Repeat Again After Me' (Âme Remix) [Versatile Records]
06. Danton Eeprom - 'All I Can Say' (Shonky's Remix) [Freak n' Chic]
07. Kabale Und Liebe & Daniel Sanchez - 'Mumbling Yeah' [Arearemote]
08. Riley Reinhold - 'Lights In My Eyes' (Dominik Eulberg Fernweh Remix) [My Best Friend]
09. Simon Flower - 'Send In The Clowns' (2000 And One Remix) [Moon Harbour Recordings]
10. Petter - 'Some Polyphony' [Border Community]
11. Gaiser - 'Withdrawal' [M_nus]
12. Sian - 'Sei' (Steve Bug Remix) [Poker Flat Recordings]
.................................................. ...........
Electric City
Thursdays @ Wax
Powerscourt Townhouse
Sth William Street. Dublin 2.
Doors 11 until late
Music: Minimal / Italo / Techno
Membership at www.electricity-dublin.com
e3.50 Drinks Deals : Bottle of Prazsky / Pint of Amstel / Druids Glen Apple / Druids Glen Pear / Druids Glen Mixed Berry / Druids Glen Star Fruit / Druids Glen Pommegranate & Raspberry / Vockova Vodka & Dash of Redbull / VK Ice / VK Blue / VK Orange/Tequila Shots / Sambuca Shots
Jan 24th - e6 / Free with flyer before 12.

Darren Allen [Micro Error - Derry]
Kenny Hanlon
Dan Power [Electric City]

Jan 31st - e6 / Free with flyer before 12.

Rian Ryan [Electric City]
Mano Le Tough *Live
Dave Noonan
To subscribe from the Electric City members list send a mail with 'subscribe' in the Subject field to: electricitypromotions@eircom.net

278d7e64a374de26f==