PDA

View Full Version : best dj/act you've booked or played with

theledge
11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
thought this might be interesting, given the other thread

not just in terms of performance but any other factor, value for money, general sound attitude, whatever

haven't put on too many nights myself, but my vote goes to luke mcmillan, aka the dj producer....top lad great friendly attitude and also played a bloody brilliant techno set to boot, can't ask for more

any others (hope this doesn't get too nepotistic)

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 09:30 PM
felix kroecher was great at creamfields in poland
chris liebing is always a gent

Mucky Beats
11-01-2008, 09:35 PM
chris liberator is mr nice guy and always gets crowd going every time. jon nuccle nice guy and always avin it PA

robin m
11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Cursor Miner had a great attitude - put 110% into his set and seemed really interested to see what all the rest of us on the bill were about even tho we were just local losers with a bag of tunes each and will clearly never amount to shit... didn't just turn up to play his set and collect the cash if you know what I mean.

Mind you that's been largely true of most techno bods from what I've seen - d&b headliners on the other hand seem to be universally grumpy sods :markupyours:

rhythmtech
11-01-2008, 10:14 PM
henry is always up for a laugh in ireland and always rocks it hard

mike humphries is a true pro, a gent and technically one of the best out there

geezer always ends up falling off a table after too many guiness.. but its fun to watch!!!

Teknowarfare are gents but bloody hard to keep up with when they get goin... too much energy :lol:

the welsh lads are nuts and all have a great attitude and the fact that zoid is so open about his love of men is refreshing in such an area like rhyl.. they usually beat bum-lovers up. :xeek: :xcool: :xwink: :xtongue:

i can only really think of 1 person ive gigged with that had an attitude but thats his own problem.. the parties were still fun.

eyeswithoutaface
11-01-2008, 10:35 PM
i went b2b with Fred West back before all the kerfuffle over his patio

true gent, technically exsquisite

RDR
11-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Neil Landstruum

Really nice guy and totally down to earth.

was nice about my live set as well. even though its shit compared to his :hissyfit:

This Dave the drummer guy though, what a cunt, he scratched the paint work on my rover 45, touched up my mrs when i wasnt looking, and kept repeatedly fondling my danglies whilst i was trying to DJ.

got him back though, wanked off into his pint when he wasnt looking.

dont trust that scott grey character as well, he's into stage goatsee.

MITA
11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.concretedjz.net/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

mattboyslim
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Ed DMX was a very sound bloke. Got on the dancefloor for our set and was genuinely interested in what we were playing. He rinsed it out too. Lots of breakbeat garage and south london bass. Totally not what we expected!

davethedrummer
11-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Neil Landstruum

Really nice guy and totally down to earth.

was nice about my live set as well. even though its shit compared to his :hissyfit:

This Dave the drummer guy though, what a cunt, he scratched the paint work on my rover 45, touched up my mrs when i wasnt looking, and kept repeatedly fondling my danglies whilst i was trying to DJ.

got him back though, wanked off into his pint when he wasnt looking.

dont trust that scott grey character as well, he's into stage goatsee.

by "danglies" you mean the fluffy dice you have hanging in your car ?

fatcollective
11-01-2008, 11:40 PM
all the guys from the stay up forever collective chris, arron, ant, henry etc...plus all the nutters from Ireland... cork, dublin and belfast....all totally sound people!

fatcollective
11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
the welsh lads are nuts and all have a great attitude and the fact that zoid is so open about his love of men is refreshing in such an area like rhyl.. they usually beat bum-lovers up. :xeek: :xcool: :xwink:

that was just a cover mate, i was eyeing up ya bird all night heheheh!!!

dirty_bass
12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, in my experience as a promoter, and playing with people too...

Paul Mac is always a consumate professional, always always performs to a high standard, and a nice guy to boot.

Jerome Hill also always always performs to a high standard, gets on with it, doesn`t make a fuss and is a good laugh too.

Emerson of Killaz FM etc is a real lovely guy, and again approachable, very professional.

Preach is a nice guy, very good performer, although I have no idea what his fees are like now.

James Ruskin is also totally approachable, and always works it.

Jeff Amadeus destroys every joint he plays at, and is a lovely lovely guy, so damn nice I want to kill him ;)

Dean Rodell is again professional, very good live, and good fun to be around.

I always enjoy roland the bastards company too, he`s a maniac, but a lovely guy, smashed the joint too if they are ready for the hard biz.

Of course Mr EG, we all know, performs like he`s been tasered and loves it, works under all conditions and always has time for the punter.

DJ Boss is cool also, very big at the moment in europe too.

Skoog was great with my dealings with him. Lovely bloke, obviously a pro on the decks, totally human, and a party animal in a good way.

Seb Marx is a lovely guy, very humble, seriously dangerous live pa also.

My buddy pal Paul Cortex is sound as a pound, fiercely good live Acid Techno (emphasis on the acid) very humble and works professionally under any circumstances. Serious party animal too.

that`ll do for now, personally I`ve found most people I`ve worked with as a whole to be sound, techno seems to mostly consist of very passionate people, who sacrifice a lot for their music, so they tend to be genuine, in my books.
The strong passion brings strong opinions, but it`s all born out of love, and keeps things dynamic.

the only problem people I`ve really dealt with, for the most part, tend to be the Divas at the top, or near the top of the tree, who have taken on the "I am the party and you all owe me everything just for allowing you to be in my presence" game into their life. I won`t name names as most people seem to know who these people are anyway.

eyeswithoutaface
12-01-2008, 12:35 AM
in all seriousness, ive had the pleasure to play with alot of really good guys (ooo errrr!!!) in the scene, but one of the soundest, respectable guys ive dj'd with, although i didnt actually book him i was working for the club that did, was Green Velvet. Top bloke, really down to earth and actually listened to my set as i played after him, was very complimentary and enjoyed a nice party afterwards too, top guy. Fixmer being another really nice chap

Uk wise gotta give Daventry's finest a mention, Finkey, top bloke, even if he is a little unable to grasp the concept that "No" actually does mean "no".... Ade Fenton's a really sound guy too, Paul Mac's a kosher dude too, infact most of the uk guys i know are actually really sound guys, only ever met a couple of knobheads, and one of them was me... and my mate... so yeah, everyone except me and me mate

MARK ANXIOUS
12-01-2008, 06:53 AM
wow this is a question heh

best dj/acts? i mean there's always loads on the line ups i play, that i never see or meet or anything. what does 'best' mean? is it the guy with the best mixing skills? the best personality?

if someone would ask me, what is the best dj you met on the plane to the gig, it would be alot different to the best 'dj' at the party.

best dj at the party??? i would say tooo many to mention. miss djax impresses the hell out of me, i dunno why. mills, beltram.. the whole persona they bring to the table is immense...

then there's the best dj/act that i really like their attitude... liberators, pascal feos, drummer, pet duo,amok, kvitta, ben/jamie (space djz), oh shit i could go on all day.

i'm sure there's so many more...

BUT who cares. the main thing is everyone is trying to do their thing.

keep going!!!

RDR
12-01-2008, 07:01 AM
by "danglies" you mean the fluffy dice you have hanging in your car ?

i wondered where they'd gone :Angry:

actually, YOU were a nice fella to have one our stage at pure techno in Hull, im the VJ there and enjoyed your set.

Can i have my furries back?

conor256
12-01-2008, 10:23 AM
well ...... i cant remember anyone we've booked ever turning out to be a twat......

in terms of performance........ there would be a close call between a number of artists...... but the two who stick out the most i reckon in terms of performance and attitude would be jeff amadeus.... and jerome hill....... both guys are top djs and top guys..... (and good value for money in terms of promotion) cant ask for much more than that really......

Concrete Djz
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
dj Murphy is a great guy.tottaly relaxed and outgoin chap.
really profesional [read dont need monitors to rip the place with clincal precision] and a real crowd upper he is ...histeria on the dancefloor!

Chris is always approachable as a human while Henry keeps the cool nes,but still a good man [read he thinks we think he dont like boose:] and hits it hard on the decks always

think all of the folks we booked were ok except few minor human stupidity's that occured in cases.

and yeah Lusinda is the queen! true girl rocker

and Mark eg,as much he is mental he takes first place by far so far
always willing to talk and take pictures and talk and talk and make the crowd go boom

Distek is a massive guy too! total positivness

BloodStar
12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
nice thread hehe.
From what I had chance to meet while DJing or promoting:
Headroom DJs - nice guys, their music rocks big time and even there is a lot of stuff behind them they dont act like superstar DJs. Thats what I like.
Jay Denham - cool bloke, I have some crazy story with him from 1st party we did.
Dirty Bass - great music, top top bloke. We spent some excellent time in Brno, and I am glad to have such a person nearby me.... I t would be on pages of texts so lets stay just with this....
Mark EG&Chrissi - nice people,. Mark is nutz as we all know , hehe,.. In a good way of course :) I am looking forward when we meet next time in Brno,.
DJ Rush - musical wise not my cup of tea, but we spent some time in Bratislava and it was lot and lot of fun.....
CharlesSiegling - I have some nice memories on time I spent in hotel bar with his manager Phuong. We were waitng until Charles recover after long flight and we had great chat for many hours..
Dj Ogi - top bloke, rocking music. I was pleased to welcome our Croatian friends in Brno,. Very nice people, Ogi, and Koma.... I am glad we are friends..
Carlos Rios - very nice guy,. we had a great session in my studio, so lloking forward to February when he will come to our shores again.

hmm I know I forgot on the others, you know how it is with wee :D

Tiptoe
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
best was Paul Mac. His last set at the techno experiment was immense. Best dj set I seen was Robert Hood at the orbit the fastest hardest techno I have ever heard.

Athar
12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Hard to say.
I agree with the most dj/producers with you mentioned here.
I think i can add few more:

AP - hes a great producer and dj, heard his live in sept and was amazing.
If you really like acid techno this guy giving you 200% what you can expect.

MC/DJ Ribbz - very experienced dj & mc, always it a pleasure when i can hear his voice alongside techno music.

Norf & Mainliner - my mates from Poland, always 100% proffesional attitude, very freindly and with great djs skills.

Osmo - another polish mate, respect him for driving & agressive live pa,
privately very nice guy, he can' hurt fly.

Stella Boy
12-01-2008, 08:05 PM
65d mavericks & scion

Athar
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
he can' hurt fly.

he can't -> eat t

BRADLEE
12-01-2008, 11:04 PM
I'd have to say Lenny Dee is one of my tops for sure. Very pumping when rocking the techno. Saw him and Chris Lib play a nice set here as well together. All well nice peeps. DDR, he can rock it, have a beer or twenty with ya and is a cool cat as well. Not talking about techno here, but if you guys want a true HARDCORE performer, check out Ofidian. Conrad puts on a serious Live set, DJ set, and is just an all out nice guy too. Not to mention making some of the best Kore on the planet.

Opened for Richie Hawtin here a few times some 6 years ago in a club called Freedom, and he was always a great performer...although to be perfectly honest, didn't really speak much with him.

Only wasn't really too happy about playing with one Foreign DJ, Damn ladies....maybe she was on her period or something....

Oh yeah and dont let me forget that guy Wetworks....What a bastard :lol:

BDC
13-01-2008, 04:11 AM
I'd have to say Lenny Dee is one of my tops for sure. Very pumping when rocking the techno. Saw him and Chris Lib play a nice set here as well together. All well nice peeps. DDR, he can rock it, have a beer or twenty with ya and is a cool cat as well. Not talking about techno here, but if you guys want a true HARDCORE performer, check out Ofidian. Conrad puts on a serious Live set, DJ set, and is just an all out nice guy too. Not to mention making some of the best Kore on the planet.

Opened for Richie Hawtin here a few times some 6 years ago in a club called Freedom, and he was always a great performer...although to be perfectly honest, didn't really speak much with him.

Only wasn't really too happy about playing with one Foreign DJ, Damn ladies....maybe she was on her period or something....

Oh yeah and dont let me forget that guy Wetworks....What a bastard :lol:

Word to this...Brad is without question one of the hardest working cat in the studio that I've seen in a LONG time...and he's an inspiration to many of us back here in AZ... He was one of the first cats I became friends with and always has a bruva's back, and I've had the opportunity to see him develop musically and he is mastered his craft...which many of us here already know...

So I'd say Brad Lee, then my man and fellow east coast bruva Wetworks are the cats to watch and are blowin up... trust me...

out side of them...

Advent.... U Club Frankfurt 2003...this guy....

Chris Liberator/ Lawry Emersion/Dave the Drummer 100% Live...Stroudsberg PA 1997 ...these guys made history that night for over 2 hours!!! I chatted with Chris about that night when he was out here in AZ in 07...

Cari Lekebush/ Adam Beyer - Cybertech 2 Roseland Ballroom NYC...1 hour of Decks...1 hour on duel mpcs....bannanaz....

Oh...personally...

Brandon DeCarlo- 100% Live- Brass Monkey 2k- Roseland Ballroom NYC 2000....Some say I stole the show in the main room that night...4500 heads strong!!!

orac
13-01-2008, 02:59 PM
charlton

played with him yesterday b2b set in poland. he's ****ing crazy guy, i mean CRAZY!!!! he danced on the subwoffers, waving hands and screaming to people on the dancefloor, mental! one of the best parties in my life! if you think about booking him, don't hesitate :)

MITA
13-01-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah Charlton.had him over,and
he is one crazy dude.thats all i ill say : )))

orac speaks the truth-

conflict
13-01-2008, 05:01 PM
dave the drummer and henrik b

zyclone
14-01-2008, 12:21 AM
I was lucky enough to play alongside Aaron Liberator, Dave The Drummer & Dave Randall here in Norway! That was one of my goals as a Dj.
The best Liveset I've ever heard was presented by Dave on Twisted Party in Trondheim A few years ago, He also rocked the tits of people on the afterparty!
Amazing guy :)

Si the Sigh
14-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Everyone @ SUF.

278d7e64a374de26f==