PDA

View Full Version : Interface Problems

josephjobling
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
i am having trouble with my sound card. i have an e-mu 0202 usb interface. when i play audio through cubase it is clicking. the click gets worse and worse until eventually the system crashes. i have tried re positioning the cable (many times) in case it is pivking up interferance (which i think it is) but this is not working. the clicking happens when the red light showing the hard drive working, is flashing.
just wondering if any one has had the same problem and if so how did you fix it.
thanks

joseph

dan the acid man
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
try changing your dma and asio buffer sizes in your sound settings

josephjobling
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks for the reply - tried that didn't help its just a pain. concidering throwing it out the window.

dan the acid man
13-01-2008, 12:02 AM
sounds like it could be something else running in the background then that's causing problems, can you list what exactly you have running software wise, what operating system you use, what anti virus you may have running etc?

rhythmtech
13-01-2008, 03:16 AM
use the asio full duplex driver,

go into your audio options -> driver set up (somtimes called "advanced"
make sure that only your analog inpouts and out puts are ticked if you're not using spdif

when mixing turn off all inputs and set the buffer to 2048.

if you record try to record as dry as possible and add fx afterwards (and try to direct monitor)

if you have hyperthreading or a dual set-up then make sure the box is ticked in the asio set up as full duplex can make good use of this.

make sure you're plugging into a usb 2 port.

and finally.. buy some good ram - 2/3 gigs if you can..

josephjobling
13-01-2008, 12:10 PM
cheers rythmteck gave your suggestions a try but no joy. i am using usb 2 port used the asio full duplex driver this helped to stop it crashing but the anoying little click is still there i am definatly going to get some more ram (as only have 448mb) but can't afford at the mo as i have no job.
Dan the acid man i am running on windows xp and using cubase sx 3. my anti virus is avg free version 7.5 and i don't think i am running any other programs - i try to keep this computer as empty as possable, just for studio use.

thank you very much for all the suggestions to you both i was always weary about posting on forums as noobs can cop some abuse at times but you have been kind
thanks

joseph

dan the acid man
13-01-2008, 02:45 PM
think the lack of RAM could be the main culprit here then, running xp alone will use most of your 448Mb, which version of cubase are you using?

Barely Human
13-01-2008, 03:38 PM
think the lack of RAM could be the main culprit here then, running xp alone will use most of your 448Mb, which version of cubase are you using?

He just said SX 3 mate:; I'd go with Dan on this one. I would run at least 1gig of fast ram, preferably 2gig.

dan the acid man
13-01-2008, 04:32 PM
so he did, missed that:xredface:

rhythmtech
13-01-2008, 04:41 PM
definitly 1 gig minimum

josephjobling
13-01-2008, 07:35 PM
thanks guys will run to the ram shop and see if that sorts the problem if it doesn't i may be back.
thanks for the help

joseph

278d7e64a374de26f==