PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Come Clean On Klinnsman

DJ RE:HAB
14-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Seen my ass bigtime with this...

Wish these yanks would just sell up and do one, making LFC look like a laughing stock. Theres no need at all for them to come out and say this at all.

I mean what do they have to gain.

Rafa's won four bloody cups since hes been with us, 2 champs league finals, 1 f.a cup and the super cup. thats a superb record by ANY managing standards.

Now ok he aint won the league which is what any red wants, but doesnt any other fan in the premier league want the same.

Oh yer lets get mourinho in, bollox... He couldnt do no better than rafa, i doubt any manager could, if people are to think that by changing the manager halfway through a rebuilding process will win us the league then there mad!!

If rafa cant win the league with this current squad whos to say someone else can do it... We need more quality players, the mans just starting to get the team he wanted from the start, he needs more time...

It took fergie 4 years to win anything at all, and Mourinho a vast amount of money spent to buy them the league...

these yanks need to go... anyway heres the article

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has cast more doubt over Rafa Benitez's future at Anfield after confirming the club lined up a move for Jurgen Klinsmann before the German moved to Bayern Munich.

Benitez's position at Liverpool has been the subject of virtually constant speculation ever since his row with Hicks and fellow co-owner George Gillett.

During that time, Klinsmann was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool with the American pair believed to be big admirers of the former Germany coach.

And Hicks has now sensationally admitted that the tried to negotiate an option to bring the former Tottenham hero to Anfield as a replacement for Benitez.

He told the Liverpool Echo: "We attempted to negotiate an option, as an insurance policy, to have him become manager if Rafa left for Real Madrid or other clubs that were rumoured in the UK press."

"Or in case our communication spiralled out of control for some reason."

Benitez has played down the rumours over his future saying he is happy at Anfield, but Hicks' comments could see the Spaniard's position become untenable.

Hicks does, however, insist Benitez does now have his full support.

He added: "After George and I had our long and productive meeting with Rafa following the Man United match, we put all of our issues behind us and received Rafa's commitment that he wanted to stay with Liverpool.

"We never reached agreement on an option with Jurgen, and we are both pleased for him that he has a great opportunity to return to Germany and coach a great club team.

"Rafa has both of our support, and our communication has greatly improved."

french_og
14-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Rafa has lost the plot, he has won 2 competitons on penalties and cost liverpool the champions leaue last season with his negative tactics and piss poor team selection. If it wasn't for Steven Gerrard saving his arse in the 2 cup finals he would of been sacked a long time ago.

This was meant to be Liverpools year to challenge for the league and not only are they well off the pace but the football they play is terrible.

It is good that Liverpool fans are so patient and support the manager the way they do but i think these are wasted years for liverpool and it looks like they are going backward at times.

14-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Regardless mate, on how they won the 2 cups they still won. They didnt just end up in the final, they had to beat quality teams to get there, even if they did win on penalties they deserved it, having to go through the likes of barcelonas, juventus, chelseas of this world is not easy and i challenge whichever team you support to do the same...

Its easy to point the finger at the manager and not at the players. Ok yer Gerrard scored a few vital goals, isnt that what hes suppose to do? I mean after all its what hes paid for... With regards to the 05 final i think in reality the praise should go to jerzy Dudek... He won the game with his penatly saves...

It makes me laff really, you look at the arsenals, chelskis and uniteds of the prem and within that squad you have 4 or 5 20+ million pound players..

At Liverpool we have 2 mate, Gerrard and Torres, i think you will find thats why they score the majority of the goals there thats there natural ability. If we had the money to buy these £20 + mil players then am sure you would see the same results as the top 3...

Rafa does have his faults, rotation mad sometimes, but hes only using the players he has available. Liverpool are still playing catch up as ive said earlier..

Id give rafa a season or more, how quick realistically do people want to win...

This isnt football manager...

It took fergie 4 years to win anything and he was on his way out if he didnt win the FA Cup... He did and look were he is now...

U talk rubbish mate.

14-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Rafa has lost the plot, he has won 2 competitons on penalties and cost liverpool the champions leaue last season with his negative tactics and piss poor team selection. If it wasn't for Steven Gerrard saving his arse in the 2 cup finals he would of been sacked a long time ago.

This was meant to be Liverpools year to challenge for the league and not only are they well off the pace but the football they play is terrible.

It is good that Liverpool fans are so patient and support the manager the way they do but i think these are wasted years for liverpool and it looks like they are going backward at times.

Wasted Years???

So of course Winning the European Cup was a waste, the FA Cup. Another Waste?

Am not sure who you support lad, but you sound like a manc, but anyhow..
You forget the amount of crap players liverpool had before benitez came to us, and what kind of state the club was in...

If you take a look at us then and us now, you would realise the last years have been no waste...

Wasted Years.. haha.. Unbelievable..

nick_anarchy
14-01-2008, 03:04 PM
difference with fergie and his 4 years was money and the squad he had taken over it took him 4 years to build a team who would domanate the league ( which it did ) every manager should be given 5 years to change things around rafa has done a good job for liverpool he had turned them in to a force within europe but he cant crack the prem ! thats the problem and with the yanks wanting them to win it like utd do knowing other yanks are doin well must piss them off if they do get rid then its the club as a whole who will be shitting on rafa

14-01-2008, 03:39 PM
If i were rafa id would of walked away this morning.

He could of walked into any of the top european teams as a manager.

Its just a cheap ploy by the yanks... Come out and admit to the talks, but then say they had the talks coz they thought RAFA would walk away...

What a load of crap that is...

Its just disrepectful, if i were rafa i would go, i dont want him too, but why should he put up with crap like that. If hes smart they'll sack him and then he can walk away with a nice bit of compo and straight into a top european side.

This club is being ruined by the board it has been for the last 10 years, they need to get rid of parry and laurel and hardy and get better directors in!!!

french_og
14-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I just meant this season is a wasted year if liverpool continue the way they are going when they should be challenging for the league..

Numeric
15-01-2008, 09:42 AM
word is Rafa is considering legal action against Hicks :lol:

what a debacle

basslinejunkie
15-01-2008, 12:56 PM
what a joke.its pretty obvious they want benitez to walk out rather than push him out.why else would you release this story to the press?!?

Traxx
15-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Seems everything hasn’t been as clear cut with the yanks as it first seemed. I, for one, am furious with the way they conduct themselves and the dealings of the club in the public eye, that has never been the way here let alone the Liverpool way. What happened to using a large proportion of there own money? They have managed to make total cunts out of the club over this stadium mess. For 2 people with a supposed massive understanding of building new sports stadiums they have fukd up BIG TIME over this one. Steel is going up all the time yet they don’t realise this at the drawing board stage? rather then have press conference after conference about it being one of the best stadiums in the world when its built etc then realising "shit we cant afford this now". It is unbelievable that they could be so amateur about this from the start. I bet the DIC group would of build the ****ing thing regardless of banks not lending each other massive sums of money.

I fear we got the wrong ones in now. Now the dealings with rafa to top it off. Hicks said in the echo the other night that he was amazed at the rubbish that gets reported in the press with regards to DIC still wanting a 20% share in the club or to buy it in its entirety. Yet the same cunt use’s the fact that the press was talking about rafa going to Madrid (as they have done for years regardless of him turning them down and saying he want to stay beyond his contract) as some sort of reason for it being ok for him to go behind the back of the best manager we have had in many, many years at the club to some German fuking nobody (manager wise) is laughable. Is he stupid?

They haven’t got the first clue about football yet they think they can pick a good manager?. They have made cunts of themselves and total mugs of the fans. If rafa did walk out, which nobody could blame him for, he could hold his head high. I cant see him staying now after this has come out.

DJCraig Ryan
16-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Yea bang out of order for what they have done. It makes you think if they really do have the clubs well being at heart!!

Benitez is a quality manager who knows his stuff and he is the right man for LFC. Nobody would do better, i dont think they could get anyone better if he left. These Yanks deserve to be dropped in the shit for what they have done, Benitez could have well walked out but he loves the club so much.

Numeric
17-01-2008, 09:01 AM
to be fair Benitez has had a lot of dollar, and at the start of the season he said he had the squad to challenge for the title, it doesn't look as though Liverpool are gonna be anywhere near challenging this season, some of Benitez's team choices have been bordering on insanity...

i'm not defending the Americans or anything, but still

Numeric
17-01-2008, 03:34 PM
word is DIC are ready to make an offer for Tom Hicks' Liverpool stake

the Liverpool Echo claim senior executives at the Dubai-based international investment company will launch a second bid to buy into the Reds in a year

basslinejunkie
17-01-2008, 04:18 PM
dic,they the saundis who tried to buy us first time? i was praying they took us over,they piss on abramovic in terms of wealth and whatever anyone says,its all about money nowadays. money = power=dominance.

french_og
17-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I read that Gillette is not happy either about what Hicks said and their relationship is not very good. And also Gillette is not as wealthy as Hicks and is having problems paying back his 75 million pound loan.

Will
17-01-2008, 05:20 PM
dic,they the saundis who tried to buy us first time? i was praying they took us over,they piss on abramovic in terms of wealth and whatever anyone says,its all about money nowadays. money = power=dominance.

You don't want to turn into a joke club like Chelsea though who can only compete because they have a rich sugar daddy. It's more about the manager I'd say, if you have a top manager then the rest will fall into place. Arsenal are right on the pace this season and we've spent less than we've received in terms of transfer fees, which is pretty much how we've been operating for a while now.

basslinejunkie
18-01-2008, 10:31 AM
your situation is unique though.wenger is by far the best manager in the world,only he could of achived what he has done. even then youve still splashed the cash occasionaly, 16 mill on reyes for instance.

Microdot
18-01-2008, 01:43 PM
if money = power = dominance, how come chelsea ain't champions?

money or not, the right people need to be working at a club for it to be successful.

since Alex Ferguson has been at Man Utd, he has spent approx. £10million more than his liverpool counterparts (roughly one player). in that time, Man Utd have won 15 major trophies and liverpool have won 8.

Traxx
18-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Where you get them stats from? id of thought it would of been much more then that.

Microdot
19-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Where you get them stats from? id of thought it would of been much more then that.

cant find the link anymore, but here's one showing clubs' net spending since 1992 that backs it up to a large degree.

http://biawc.110mb.com/

during this time period, liverpool have actually spent more than Utd.

Net Spending 1992 - 2007
-------------- Bought----------------Sold----------------------Total Spending
Chelsea-------486,720,000 --------145,050,000----------£ 341,670,000
Liverpool-----309,040,000 --------134,230,000----------£ 174,810,000
Man Utd------337,700,000--------177,340,500----------£ 160,359,500
Newcastle----275,446,000--------133,225,000----------£ 142,221,000
Arsenal-------216,930,000--------155,054,000 ----------£ 61,876,000

278d7e64a374de26f==