PDA

View Full Version : bottleneck [first ever tech tune attempted]

Kokotorobot
14-01-2008, 09:55 PM
here's my very first ever attempt at techno...hard to classify, you tell me...industrial kick driven club shit with some minimal elements
the levels are probably off a bit as i went a bit over with limiting...inspired by offbeat stuff

bottleneck (http://www.audiojudge.com/rwf/rwf_bottleneck-demo.mp3) | 128bps mp3 3.7 mb

it's missing something for sure, so all constructive feedback welcome

magneze
14-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Link seems dead ...

Kokotorobot
14-01-2008, 10:02 PM
works now

dirty_bass
15-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Interesting.
I like it, very clunky.

Production needs a lot of polish.
thos emain metal sounds could do with a bit of verb to blend them into the mix more nicely.
I`d maybe add a lott more top end percussion to juxtapose against the kick as well, as this is bottom heavy.

Some more interesting elemtns or hooks would be nice too, as interest starts to wane after a minute or so.

Interesting for a first outing though.

opuswerk
17-01-2008, 09:57 AM
I really don't like the kick, but seeing it's something you aimed for...
The percussion sounds are really nice, but they could do with some more effects and variations like in the middle of the track. The track could also do with more of a buildup. it seems as if the track never really drops or takes of.
Bass is heavy though but also could do with some more variations.

Kokotorobot
17-01-2008, 02:03 PM
thanks a lot for the constructive feedback guys! i'll put some new stuff up when i get round to making some more techno

i've dropped the focus from engineering lately as i was getting nowhere, spending shitloads of time on mixdown rather than finishing tunes - you can always go back polishing the shit up

278d7e64a374de26f==