PDA

View Full Version : I spilt something on my g4 :(

MARKEG
11-12-2003, 08:00 PM
I dunno how it happened but I came to use my g4 laptop and the screen looked like it had something spilt inside it. So me being me, I unscrewed the screen had a look and now the screen doesn't work at all!!!! Arrrghhhhhh...

I remember someone telling me something about paying 500 quid and apple basically take it off you, fix everything that's wrong and then you get it back. Is this true? If so, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK to phone????

professor
11-12-2003, 08:25 PM
have you tried apple.com?

dan the acid man
11-12-2003, 08:26 PM
they are expensive to repair im afraid, i have,nt got any phone numbers but im sure there will be some info on apple,s website

Chazbloke
11-12-2003, 08:57 PM
I dunno how it happened but I came to use my g4 laptop and the screen looked like it had something spilt inside it. So me being me, I unscrewed the screen had a look and now the screen doesn't work at all!!!! Arrrghhhhhh...

I remember someone telling me something about paying 500 quid and apple basically take it off you, fix everything that's wrong and then you get it back. Is this true? If so, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK to phone????

doh! u cracked ur screen mate...
aint gonna b cheap to fix, i havent heard of the £500 all in one job..
i payed £485 for a new screen on toshiba portege..well, insurance did ;) maybe ur house contents insurance covers you for acidental damage?
then hit http://www.apple.com/uk/support
oh and dont tell 'em you opened it up!
good luck,
Chaz.

man_d
13-12-2003, 11:16 AM
If it's under 12 months old it'll still be covered for repairs under the Applecare warranty it comes with, presuming you bought it new from a reseller.

If you tell them what you did they won't fix it, put the screen all back together and tell them you tried to turn it on and it was dead.

Find an Apple Authorised Service Provider near you and just give them a ring, they should be able to help.

http://applefn.infonow.net/bin/findNow?LIST_LIST_KEY=s1-10713139750002530191&CLIENT_ID=APPLE_EUROPE&PAGE=R esult.html&LANGUAGE=GBR_ENGLISH&FTR0_COUNTRY=GBR&S ORT_BY=SORT3[/url]

Orange
14-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Apple resellers offered to sell me a 3 year-extended warranty on a laptop that I had bought not from them, but second-hand (almost 2 years old at that time), out of the newspaper. So, if you have no warranty, you might still buy one cause I don't even think the resellers look at your computer before they sell you another warranty. Only catch is that you cannot use the warranty right away. I think you have to wait 90 days. Depending on the difference between paying for a repair bill and buying the warranty, the wait might be worth it. I'm not certain they don't look at your computer, but that was the impression they gave me. I was surprised to learn that they would sell me a warranty on something that wasn't brand new. Seems to me when you buy the macs, resellers, generally, tell you to buy an extended at time of sale, or you lose the opportunity, but I did ask at a number of shops and that isn't the case. Anyway, good luck.

278d7e64a374de26f==