PDA

View Full Version : Siege - Through the Scope

Siege
18-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Another tune of mine that needs mixing down again....originally wrote it couple of years ago so productions not the best.....some parts sound ok but it needs balancing out more.Also needs a main focal point,hook, adding in there of some sort too...kinda drags a bit in the latter half, i think.
Did a little scratching in there also.., though a lot more subtle than the last trk i posted up.....just a few simple cuts and squigles to form part of a groove.
Sometimes I just like to try things with scratching,etc....i find it adds extra creative input into my productions,..along with writing and doing your own vocals etc..which i also like to do.
Anyways,... looking for some thoughts,suggestions,abuse etc..
cheers

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF59181948574.mp3

stjohn
19-01-2008, 01:22 PM
yea scratching sounds cool man... u would barely even recognise it as scratching really. tune is sounding mint..and on my new adams the mix/production is great... nice up front and clear.

atmospheres are mint..as is the overall groove! u could maybe fit some one off synth stabs after the middle

one of my favs from u cal.!!top notch

Siege
29-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Cheers Rory....needs some work yet though...glad u like!

xfive
30-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Very unique track man, I dig it. Reminds me of some freaky chakra, but gone on a harder techy tip.
I'd say just thicken up some of the midrange percussion to be more full and this thing will pack a punch on the floor ;)

Siege
30-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for your feedback mate....glad u enjoyed also;)

Elvio Neto
30-01-2008, 10:29 PM
nice work, great creativity on this track

sounds very good ;)

teknotika
30-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Its not my kind of cake but This thing sounds great.

Siege
01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for listening guys ;)

A.P.
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
This is cool man, really clean an the mix down is nice and crisp.
Great sounds and good arrangements too.

The atmospheric sounds remind me a little of older Henrik B stuff.

Nice one mate, keep it goin.

Little_Fella!
03-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Great track this and reminds me of the more gritty Electro tracks that came over from the States in the early to mid 80's on the album sets of the same name - - which were the one's I liked best...:rockin:

With the track being 7mins I think you have couple of moments when you can play away from the main drive, just for a few bars say, and intersperse these with sounds from the street - not straight up but warped in a techno fashion to take away any cliche but also holding the kinda vibe that this style of music came from...:;

This will go well in the midst of a 4x4 techno set, also giving credence to any DJ who wants to add punch to their play list - - and like your previous track you posted, it has across the board marketing potential...:cool:

Siege
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that AP and little fella....much appreciated.

dirty_bass
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Production is very nice in this, I personally don`t like the scratching (although it`s very well done) as it adds too much of a cheeky 80`s electric boogaloo feel to it, which doesn`t seem to gel with the overall dark, sparse tone of the piece.

Production is nice, open and clear, although there seems to be a bit of a bias in the higher regions to the right hand side of the mix, which feels a bit odd.

By about 4 mins the tracks seems to be waiting for something that never happens, and starts to lack direction beyond pure percussion.

I like it though, but right now it feels like a solid, full percussion track awaiting a final push to give it some emotion.

Siege
05-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback Steve......il have a look at the stereo balance on the topend, not spotted that....yeah,i thought it needed something new introducing around the 4 min mark...kinda drags on a bit.
cheers.

Jay Pace
08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Production sounds great. Crisp and clean, heavy bass, sparkly highs.

I like the scratching, something different and works well with the off beat kicks.

Main comment is that it doesnt' really do anything. Its a nice little percussion workout, but it doesn't really develop and there seems to be something missing. Would make a great dj tool or bridging track as is - nice and atmospheric with cool rhytmic components.

But it really depends on what you're going for. Part of the problem with listening to tracks on this forum is that you expect tracks to do a lot, given that you're listening to them from start to finish. Not every track has to 'do something' - I've got stacks of tracks I rely on when I play out that don't do much at all, they're essential in helping you get from A to B in a set.

I'd probably only play a couple of minutes of this, but would like it all the same.

Good work matey

judas_beast
10-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I like this, not my usual cup of tea (or cake!) but it's done well. The bass end sounds really warm. I like the scratching, when it sounds less like scratching, if it were me I'd effect it somemore of what ever.

To be fair, I spent most of it waiting for something major to drop, which it didn't - I think thats a shame as if it went ''off the hook'' you could be onto big things. Don't know what to suggest though! Nice work all round.

Siege
11-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback mate

278d7e64a374de26f==