PDA

View Full Version : No Entry

Aratron
19-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Is this label awesome or wot?

i'm listening to No Entry - No Entry now = they don;t make them like used to do PHAT

AcidTrash
19-01-2008, 12:28 AM
I always thought they were hit and miss. production a bit rubbish on some of em. Most of them were ground breaking at the time. took acid in a new direction. Some of the re-entry records are still mindblowing.

Aratron
19-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Some of the re-entry records are still mindblowing.

quite

A.P.
19-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Pistoloco - Coked Up / The Accelerator.
Trash Compactor - Toasted Cheese & Tomato Sandwich / Put The Ham In
2 cracking releases.

dan the acid man
19-01-2008, 09:26 AM
can't remember the name of it but the one with the film sample in it, can't remember the name of the film now either (only had 6 hours sleep in two days, think my brains shut down), it's a sample of john travolta anyway:lol:

nihilist
27-01-2008, 01:33 PM
i used to really cain the re-entry and no entry stuff but the do sound abit dated now

lunatrick
27-01-2008, 10:01 PM
had a couple of them - they were a bit different - liked 'london lets have yer' on boscaland......

no idea what he was trying to do with hangman though.....most awful weak (even for that genres low standards) hardhouse.....probably trying to cross over into the (then) lucrative hard dance market.

is he still around? last I heard SUF got rid of him and nobody has seen him since....

AcidTrash
28-01-2008, 10:38 AM
i used to really cain the re-entry and no entry stuff but the do sound abit dated now

Most of them were ant or geezer if I recall correctly when they were really finding their feet. Everything they did after was of an immense production standard. I think No entry was a turning point.
There is still a re-entry I would play regardless of how dated it sounds. no record since has had such atmospheric tribal percussion. Number five I think.

AcidTrash
28-01-2008, 10:39 AM
no idea what he was trying to do with hangman though.....most awful weak (even for that genres low standards) hardhouse.....probably trying to cross over into the (then) lucrative hard dance market.

I could see what he was trying to do. Essentially take the cheese out of hard dance. Could have worked too since there was a huge craze for tech-style hard house.

hypothalamus
28-01-2008, 11:13 AM
re-entry 9 is one of my favorite records its a ****in corker :)

conor256
28-01-2008, 09:22 PM
"welcome to damnation!!!!!"......... love that one......

278d7e64a374de26f==