PDA

View Full Version : Is this up to scratch?

AcidTrash
19-01-2008, 11:46 PM
This chugs away nicely on my system. Is there anything you think can be improved production wise?

http://umbrellog.com/music/blackout.mp3

robin m
24-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Definitely sounds up to scratch to me! Some great edits and everything seems weighted right to me tho my opinion's not worth much in that department, I can't even master my bowel movements.

Just an idea but I kept on wanting to hear a bassline crash in after one of the edits, in my head I can hear some half-beat bass stab pitched up a couple of tones working with the main body of the tune, to give it something to properly break into... just an idea though, it's your tune and it works as it is - good work :cool:

xfive
30-01-2008, 04:45 AM
Sounds pretty good over here. I think the top end of the kick is getting a little lost, and the mix could do with a bit more warmth, but everything else is pretty balanced.

Little_Fella!
31-01-2008, 01:08 AM
The vocal that ends in a crunching, granulated sound is a really interesting focus for the track... tough and solid movement throughout, holding direction and keeping it heads down....:cool:

Jay Pace
08-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Not bad at all this. Sounds nicely balanced, and pretty crisp.

The distorted edits sound a bit much, would be worried about how they worked on a rig. Generally sounds a bit overdriven - have you maxed out your limiters? Giving it a bit of a crunchy digital feel, and the kick gets a bit overwhelmed at times.

Lacks warmth, but that might be due to the limiting as well.

The synth sound sounds a little thin, might be the lack of bass/mid or it might just be a littl too wide.

Nit picking in general though - sounds pretty good overall and its a good example of this style of techno.

DannyBlack
15-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Did you do anything more with this matey? Nice track, kinda tops out in places and goes a bit crunchy. Top though, nice 'n' pounding.

Lag
15-06-2008, 05:21 PM
imho, this sounds very limited/overcompressed
the track doesnt "breathe" properly when eveyrthing is playing
and what previous guys say - the crunch thing is too crunchy

BDC
17-06-2008, 05:39 PM
me likey... I agree with all that has been mentioned but all n all its a nice piece!!!!

Good work mang!!

278d7e64a374de26f==