PDA

View Full Version : Shuffled beat mangled electronica

robin m
24-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Thought I'd chuck this up for ideas & feedback as I've not posted anything at all in here recently...

It's just this evening's work and not at all techno, more kind of autechre-y electronica. I've never attempted anything like this before so would be grateful for anything useful anyone's got to say.

Cheers peeps :)

http://download.yousendit.com/A85A358A01DD1978

robin m
24-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Oh yeah and in case it isn't painfully obvious enough already this is completely unmastered...

Siege
24-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Im liking this.....reminds me of somesort of film score, end credits.
Love the dark,moody feel of this and think the disjointed rythms and arrangment are cool.
Cant comment on production as im on shitty pc tinpans at the mo,but sounds pretty good this end.
Nice work :)

xfive
30-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Cool sounds in there dude. Enjoyed listening ;)

BloodStar
02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
yo. a bit unexpected from you. i am liking the way how it builds. nicely smooth and simple. pretty atmosferic as it goes...dont know what to comment here as i like it how it is.

Little_Fella!
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Even though you said, I didn't expect that... good working and very nice use of all the elements you have.... this would go down really well in the bars down Bricklane and Shoreditch High Street et al... very arty and well focused...

Have been watchin Alien Quadrilogy dvd set all week and those spooky squiggly sounds fit in perfectly on that level...

I'd just like to hear a good big slice of sub in there, as this would capitalise on the tracks existing potential to turn peoples heads while they are quaffing away om their bottles of Hoegarden on a Sunday afternoon... oh aye :cool:

Jay Pace
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Very cinematic, great use of stereo and lovely surges and builds.

Nice contrast between the lush strings and distorted drum sounds.

I'd put a bit more deep bass in the percussion, mix doesn't quite sound balanced to my ears, the synths don't extend down that much and the distorted sounds have their energy quite high up. Maybe eq the the disorted sounds down a little, or push them further back in the mix.

Interesting stuff dude, great to hear somethign unusual and different here.

278d7e64a374de26f==