PDA

View Full Version : Genelec 8020a

Nomak
27-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I want to buy some monitors, preferably active, and I have been looking around. These seem quite reasonably priced, and have some decent reviews, and at £400 which is my maximum they seem pretty good.

Has anybody had any experience with these and can comment or give me advice?

Also any suggestions for some decent actives within this price range.

Thanks

p_brane
27-01-2008, 11:19 PM
theres a fair few threads about monitors on here if ya have a search for them

Barely Human
28-01-2008, 12:54 AM
The only genelecs ive used were the 1032's, but there a whole different ball game in price. They were stunning though. I would reccomend seeing if you can try some different mons out to see which suit you. I would also reccomend seing if you could stretch your budget a little further to check out the Adam A7's, the Mackie HR624, and the new JBL range with acoustic room correction which are meant to be very good.

yellaman
28-01-2008, 01:31 AM
The new Krk 4's are small but very very good but depending on the size of your room.. eg they will suite smaller rooms and have a very accurate sound and image though sum mite argue that they could do with a seperate sub but for smaller rooms this will not be neccesary. if your room is a regular size (10x10)my advice would be to save a bit more and opt for the adam 7's or the new mackie 624 which are both unbeatable for their price range! good luck

Go to Turnkey (Charing Cross road) and have a listen to a range of monitors... ask 4 Alex or Andy coz they will help u out honestly.... ;D

dirty_bass
28-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Don`t do it. Those genelecs are extremely rawkuss and uncomfortable to listne to for extended periods unless you have a large studio.

Save some more and go for either the JBL LSR4326 (throroughly recommended), the Adams, or KRK`s which are lovely.

278d7e64a374de26f==