Bristol Rovers v Southampton
Cardiff v Wolves
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough
Liverpool v Barnsley
Manchester United v Arsenal
Preston v Portsmouth
Coventry v West Brom
Chelsea v Huddersfield

United against Arsenal at Old Trafford :)

basslinejunkie
28-01-2008, 04:22 PM
should be tasty!!!

Will
28-01-2008, 05:13 PM
The fact that it's at Old Trafford could work to our advantage, since it'll mean United should be more open to the counter attack than us.

None of the other ties look that interesting though. When will this be then? I hope it won't be too close to the Champions League games against Milan... we're certainly getting some spicy draws this season. Hopefully there'll be plenty more to come in both competitions!

Insomnia
28-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Well that's some draw..

Not what i really wanted though, will be some match though..

Chelsea get it easy, pricks!!

Microdot
28-01-2008, 05:37 PM
well, only a maximum of two of the big three in the QFs.

this year could be the best chance one of the smaller teams, such as liverpool, has of winning the trophy for a while to come.

nick_anarchy
28-01-2008, 06:34 PM
anyone at home is perfect to utd and arsenal is the pefect draw !! and what i wanted :)

Will
29-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Careful what you wish for Nick lad! We beat you last time at OT in the league and I think we beat you last time at OT in the FA cup too.

Numeric
30-01-2008, 06:47 PM
the last time we lost to Arsenal at Old Trafford in the FA Cup was when Beckham got the boot wasn't it :lol:

to be fair United were by far the better team that day, as they were in the FA Cup final a few years back too...

it'll be a good game but i'm confident United will progress :)

Will
31-01-2008, 03:29 PM
If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team! United were the better team in the final, granted, but only because Henry was missing and you still couldn't score or win on penalties.

So all the omens are good for Arsenal, since we won our last game against United in the FA cup as well as the last FA cup and league game at OT!

Numeric
31-01-2008, 10:34 PM
perhaps you'd like to look at the most recent encounter at the Emirates, a game in which Arsenal never looked in danger of winning, and were very lucky to scrape a point right at the death...

United will be fine at Old Trafford against Arsenal

Numeric
31-01-2008, 10:39 PM
If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team!

Arsenal got two lucky goals, at 0-0 Giggs missed an open net, if he'd have scored then the game would have been completely different, Arsenal were never the better side, and, there was no power shift was there? not that season at least, United went to Highbury a few couple of months later and bossed Arsenal, another game in which your team were lucky to scrape a point

Microdot
01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
If United were so good how come you lost 2-0 - at home? I seem to remember the papers going on about that game as evidence of a power shift, if anything Arsenal were by far the better team! United were the better team in the final, granted, but only because Henry was missing and you still couldn't score or win on penalties.

So all the omens are good for Arsenal, since we won our last game against United in the FA cup as well as the last FA cup and league game at OT!

really?
the london based media waxing lyrical about "the best team in the history of the league everĀ®"?
now there's a surprise.

Will
01-02-2008, 04:19 PM
perhaps you'd like to look at the most recent encounter at the Emirates, a game in which Arsenal never looked in danger of winning, and were very lucky to scrape a point right at the death...

United will be fine at Old Trafford against Arsenal

Well, all I'll say is you're going to look rather stupid if Arsenal do win!

278d7e64a374de26f==