PDA

View Full Version : Vegim - Return Of Techno

teknotika
30-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Vegim - Return of Techno

DOWNLOAD ME HERE (http://www.sendspace.com/file/te0vde)

Here is my new track.
Not finished yet. Still to work but need a lot of opinions about it on general.

Also the name is a bit s┘*#

VEGIM

xfive
30-01-2008, 05:40 AM
Cool dark tune here man. The mix needs to be brighter though on the high end... It kind of sits behind the mix right now. A little bit of reverb should give it some depth too. Good start for sure

BloodStar
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
nice tune. content wise i like it. it is nicely drivin, with lot of energy in kicks,. i like.
those ambients sounds pretty sweet. nice edits.
as for the production, kick will need some touch on eq, imo. on my speakers, it seems to be bit boomy.
nice track

Little_Fella!
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
This is a good track and should be worked...

Is the mix a bit cloudy? ... maybe it was my ears last night - - add more sparkle to the top end, as Chris mentioned, to see if that helps and also I would loosen back around the 300hz area with a high Q setting by about 2-3db... play around with the frequency here between 400hz - 200hz to see what, if any changes occur...

You have a good moody lower end synth line that I think should be brought forward in the mix, this underlies the mood really well and gives the tune it's character, and the synth stab should be lowered in volume by 1db or so to bring in some balance... try that just to see if this works...:cool:

Little_Fella!
04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
heheee... yes the title is a bit bold but I understand the principle your looking for in this track...

Have you heard a track called 'The Next Phase' by Kektex? here is a link to the discog http://www.discogs.com/release/56216

Brilliant track and very bold in it's statement... it had to be or the idea would have fallen flat on it's face...

Perhaps just think of a title that is not as forward in it's statement... but re wording it along the same lines...:rockin:

dirty_bass
04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Interesting, got a kind of Cluster Records fell going here. Slightly acid techno-ish.

Anyway, production -wise.

First thing is that kick.
It doesn`t seem to sit well in the mix, and feels a little too soft.
I`d double another over this, that has a stronger more impactive attack so it`s a little sharper in the mix. The current kick on it`s own is a little loose, and doesn`t leave much room for the bass, which I think could be allowed to reach a little lower.

Your main stab that comes after the break is much too loud in the mix and just drowns everything out.
I`d say it needs a slightly harder low cut, and a volume drop of a few db.

I`d say the top end is nice and bright as it it is, but maybe lacking in subtle verb to make it blend in.

When all is running this track is dominated by kick and the main stab, so you need to readdress the balance of the mix as a whole.
There`s a gap in the mix from about 140hz - 300hz that could be fileld to add mroe weight to the groove as well.

teknotika
05-02-2008, 07:52 PM
DIRTY BASS WROTTE:
Your main stab that comes after the break is much too loud in the mix and just drowns everything out.
I`d say it needs a slightly harder low cut, and a volume drop of a few db.

Yeah, right, its fixed. New monitors :)
Thanx

&

Thanx from all for the time.
Working on the track and accepting every critical opinion as an option.
I think now sounds 3 times better than the old version... soon will upload it again.

VEGIM

teknotika
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Here is another version, lot of things changed but sounds more better...

DOWNLOAD (http://holliday.co.yu/mirjanez/Vegim/Marketing/VEGIM%20-%20RETURN%20OF%20TECHNO%20-%20MASTER.mp3)

Waiting for some opinions
VEGIM

judas_beast
08-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I like it. I think the rides are too quiet in the mix, they sound very ''fragile'' to me. it sounds a bit mid-range heavy to me through my monitors, fairly well balanced otherwise. I like the high pitch synth line that comes in, very ''sparkly'' (what a gay term!). I don't know if it's the sound of the snare that you use, but it has a bit of a nasty click to it on some of the rolls.

My head is nodding along though!

278d7e64a374de26f==