wenna
14-12-2003, 02:11 PM
how do u structure your sets?

DJ Corbzy
14-12-2003, 02:29 PM
with music...normally trance :lol:

early set - prog>trance
mid set - trance>hard trance
late set - trance>hard trance>hardstyle (well sort of, just harder trance)

i tend to try and find tunes that have a similar basslines but try to avoid label and producer clashes....

Hakka.
15-12-2003, 11:38 AM
good question. Depends how I feel...

My sets have to vary from start to finsih... either dark to light or hard to soft ( or possibly other way round ).

Depends what the last DJ played... if it was hard house DJ I would have to destory them with some dark hardstyle and then gradually bring it to hard trance. If it was hard style already playing I'd still start hardstyle (so people don't notice a huge shift... often people find it hard to come down from harder stuff straight away) and I'd shift it to hard trance.

However if soft trance was already playing I'd go from soft to hard... so my sets depend on what's already happening, although I only bring enough records for what I need and some more incase I change my mind about a tune (i.e its been played in last set).

duncandisorderly
16-02-2004, 04:03 PM
structure? :shock: i tend to turn up with some tunes and then play them as they come to hand. occasionally i have an idea for a few tunes in a row which then changes as i play those tunes and becomes something else. totally organic mate. :oops:

Yoshimitsu
23-02-2004, 01:49 PM
i tend to try and find tunes that have a similar basslines but try to avoid label and producer clashes....

Same here in general m8 but u must admit sometimes 2 tunes by the same producer or the same label work so sweet to mix! ;)

EmotionComplex
23-02-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah if the track fits and its taking you were you want to go in the mix then its all good.

romelpotter
23-02-2004, 05:05 PM
i try to always blend the tracks so that when one finishes, the track thats left takes over and theres no drop in feel.

WEZ
23-02-2004, 05:14 PM
follow no template , no style , if its hard as rhino ass cheeks , and as driving as miss daisy then its all good

skron
10-03-2004, 06:41 AM
mostly depends on what the crowd is into that night..

but generally

hardstyle --> hard trance --> epic / hi-energy trance

rapture
16-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Hard > hard > hard :lol:

Dj Daniel S.
21-04-2004, 10:30 AM
early set = some percussive kickin beatz to make them go on the floor

mid set = I play some more aggressive and experimental tunez to make them wonder where such wicked stuff comes from :lol:

late set = I usually play a lot of Chicago style, Hardtekk and UK Acid or Belgium Jumpstyle

..... but it always depends on how I feel and what time I play.

DJ SPUDIE
21-04-2004, 11:19 PM

but generally

Other way round m8

piginabush
22-04-2004, 10:31 PM

but generally

Other way round m8

Pretty much the same....... Hard Trance ---> Harder Trance ---> Hardstyle :evil: :evil: :evil:

Barely Human
23-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Cheesepop, poptart, popcore, cheesecore......

278d7e64a374de26f==