PDA

View Full Version : Virus c & kc ??

Dj Swannie
15-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Has anyone got one of these & whats it like ? Its just im looking to get one, probably the keyboard version in the next month or so. Is there anyother synths I should consider ?? Ive seen and played with the andromeder from aleisis but its too much money & Ive allready got the supernova 2. Im mainly into Hard Trance & Hard house ( dare I say it !! )
Any info Would be apriciated.

Janet Jinx
15-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Hiya I have got a virus b, which I gather is pretty much the same as the virus c but the c has an easy interface which believe me will be great cos the b is a bugger for menus and shit.

Anyway I recommend you go down turnkey and have a go on one b4 you buy if you can, just to see if the sound suits

check the link below and click the hear the virus b link...it is a sample riff I made on the virus b and gives you a good feel for how dirty it can be, also do nice trancey stuff, basses and even drum noises....the double filters means you can do some really mad filter tweaking....

http://members.tripod.com/LITTLE_MISS_SKINNY/acid3.htm

I also recommend having a listen to the novation ks5....definitely the best keyboard synth I have ever heard.....

Dj Swannie
15-01-2003, 07:02 PM
Cheers for the feedback. I could'nt get the link to work properly, I will try again though. Im going to demo the virus kc in southampton at digital village, I will definatly see about the novation ks5 but where im using a novation supernova anyway it might sound too similar, anyway we wil see !

Kaine
30-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Yeah i've got both the supernova and the virus. The Virus has more grit to it by far but at time's it's compleatly interchangeable with the supernova. Just depends how you use it i surpose. If you've already got one VA synth through i'd advise maybe going for a S+S synth like at roland Xv to exspand your sound pallet a bit more.

MARKEG
03-02-2003, 08:22 PM
i use the virus b.. it was recommended to me by Andreas and Thomas from Schwarze Puppen/Overdose and Scot Project. It's a really good synth. I just wish I'd have waited to buy the C!!! grrr.....

Dj Swannie
04-02-2003, 09:39 AM
the kc is so good, it arrived last week. You can tell alot of the german Hard trance producers use them. You can munipulate the sound so well & its easy to do, so much better than the supernova 2. Best thing of all, its got an undo button !
Soon ill hopefully have a new website with some of the tunes that myself & Andy-m have wrote, Once its done ill post a link on here then I can get some proper feedback on the work we have been doing.

278d7e64a374de26f==