PDA

View Full Version : Adding Percussion

tracatak
30-01-2008, 11:38 PM
FOR HARD TECHNO AND SCHRANZ I HAVE BEEN HEARING EVERY1 TELL ME THAT THERE IS A LOT OF IT(PERCUSSION) IN THE SONGS I POST UP ..

what are some good percussion hi hats, rides etc to add..any basics to start off with i seem to hear rides a lot at least i think...and some basic open n close or close n open patterns as well..maybe im off idk ..i figured id ask ...

thanks..

P.S is the percussion the part of the track i should add reverbs and reverse reverbs too and or distortion and keep the kicks punchy and not distorted etc..most of the time i hear a hard kick it sounds like it has very little distortion on it....maybe more of a boost..but i seem to hear something in the high freq range that is distorted..i know its dif in every single track but somethign sounds like it has a similar formula..thanks again

supergroover
02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
now what is your question?

supergroover
02-02-2008, 12:00 PM
please delete. double post

fatcollective
04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
FOR HARD TECHNO AND SCHRANZ I HAVE BEEN HEARING EVERY1 TELL ME THAT THERE IS A LOT OF IT(PERCUSSION) IN THE SONGS I POST UP ..

what are some good percussion hi hats, rides etc to add..any basics to start off with i seem to hear rides a lot at least i think...and some basic open n close or close n open patterns as well..maybe im off idk ..i figured id ask ...

thanks..

P.S is the percussion the part of the track i should add reverbs and reverse reverbs too and or distortion and keep the kicks punchy and not distorted etc..most of the time i hear a hard kick it sounds like it has very little distortion on it....maybe more of a boost..but i seem to hear something in the high freq range that is distorted..i know its dif in every single track but somethign sounds like it has a similar formula..thanks again

just whack the saturation up on the percs and add lots of distorsion!! sorted!!

danielmarshall
03-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Don't forget to put the whole mix through at least 8 delays, 12 choruses and 420 reverb units to get that nice clean sound...

dirty_bass
03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Throw your washing machine off a footbridge over the M4 and record the noise.

278d7e64a374de26f==